2015 NRL Head Coach

Rambo2714

2015 coach .

Firstly I will day that I think Mick Potter should be given a 1 year extension , with an option for another year to triggered only if they make they 8 in 2015 .

If Potter is not retained , who do you think should be the head coach in 2015 ?

Personally I think I should be some one with experience is an NRL head coach , so unfortunately not Kidwell or Payten .

Current contenders Griffin , Parish , Jason Taylor , Cartright , Tim Sheens:-;

Any others ? Your thoughts ?

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Great another thread on the Coach…Potter

Or become the first NRL club in history to have no coach at all....really what are they good for anyway

Griffin. I just like the steel the Broncos have. Their effort is always top notch which I would love to be able to apply to the Tigers.

@Knuckles said:
Let's be the first in over thirty years to have a captain/coach

Wally Lewis coached the GC Seagulls in 1993 that's only 21 years ago, sorry knuckles

@cqtiger said:
@Knuckles said:

Wally Lewis coached the GC Seagulls in 1993 that's only 21 years ago, sorry knuckles

Didn't Robbie Farah take over after the Bulldogs game in 2014 according to many ??

@happy tiger said:
@cqtiger said:
@Knuckles said:

Didn't Robbie Farah take over after the Bulldogs game in 2014 according to many ??

Yeah he won only 1 from 7 since taking over as coach …. Sack him I say :slight_smile:

Just about anyone is an option Anderson, Elliott, Terry Matterson ,Dymock , Kevie Walters ,Steve Price , Folkes ,Meninga ,Daley

We have no way of knowing what we are considering about or wanting

@Rambo2714 said:
2015 coach .

Firstly I will day that I think Mick Potter should be given a 1 year extension , with an option for another year to triggered only if they make they 8 in 2015 .

Personally I think I should be some one with experience is an NRL head coach , so unfortunately not Kidwell or Payten .

Parish…. NRL Head coach experience?...
Keep Potter for [This word has been automatically removed]s sake! :sign:

@Rambo2714 said:
2015 coach .

Don't think Parish has held a head NRL coaching position.

There is only two legitimate options IMO if Potter is not kept. They are Folkes and Griffin. I know Folkes is coaching the Jillaroos, but he should be approached and offered the job. He has the experience is an authoritarian which is what we need, a coach that won't put up with any crap or boys club antics.

If we cannot poach Folkes then I believe Griffin would be the next best. Has done a reasonable job at Brisbane. The club needs their heads read if they go with Parish, Taylor (in the head coach role anyway), Cartwright etc.

I would take Taylor as an assistant (halves coach) but that is about it from the lot mentioned. The rest are rubbish!

@MightyTiger said:
There is only two legitimate options IMO if Potter is not kept. They are Folkes and Griffin. I know Folkes is coaching the Jillaroos, but he should be approached and offered the job. He has the experience is an authoritarian which is what we need, a coach that won't put up with any crap or boys club antics.

If we cannot poach Folkes then I believe Griffin would be the next best. Has done a reasonable job at Brisbane. The club needs their heads read if they go with Parish, Taylor (in the head coach role anyway), Cartwright etc.

I would take Taylor as an assistant (halves coach) but that is about it from the lot mentioned. The rest are rubbish!

The Folkes horse has bolted.

A one year extension simply doesn't work for coaches. Either you have confidence in them and give them a 2-3 year deal, or you don't and they leave the club. 1 year contracts are signs of an unstable club and not what we need right now.

Griffin or Walters would appear the best options, given the assistants seem to have blown their chances.

@Demps said:
I'd like to put my name forard.
Couldn't be that hard of a job right…

Not if you have the right players and don't have to deal with egos and politics..

@Demps said:
I'd like to put my name forard.
Couldn't be that hard of a job right…

Piss easy Demps

Guess when Luke Burt announces he is coming out of retirement we won't be in the market for him

If Potter does go, I suspect Griffin will be the next bloke in line to walk the plank.

Griffin or Walters for me, Potter needs to go unfortunately he was the right man at the wrong time.
Griffin has the experience of bringing young guys on and also coached at a professional outfit. I do really hope we aren't considering Payten or Kidwell, had they had anything to offer they would have stepped up and helped Potter, unless they were deliberately undermining him and if so they should be shown the door

Back