LIVE GAME 2022 Grand Final Live Game Discussion

Live Game Discussion
Enjoyed the panthers win (mostly coz I just couldn’t stand it if eels had won). Noticed that forwards for eels, in particular RCG, Lane, paulo, were very quiet. Didn’t have the sort of impact that they have had and didn’t allow moses and brown any room - so as both are raging flat track bullies, they were almost invisible for most of the game. Panthers on the other hand were relentless in D. Driving them back and dominating every ruck.
Another point: Nathan Brown is not the player he once was

Thought Parramatta had an outside hope not much.

If anyone was gunna stop Penrith it was Souths at their sharpest.

They had their chance last week12 up and imploded.

Just as an aside

The last 3 grand finals that Parramatta have played in (2001, 2009 and 2022), they haven't scored any points in the 1st half.

a tax deduction,work clothes from Vinnies,parra premiership winners shirts when they lost to newcastle way back when.bet that seller was glad he dumped his stock at 1/2 time.got chased around the yard by Bubba -he was there and paid top dollar when parra were in front.teased him until he snapped.and Fui Fui chewing on the bus tyre they lost going to a trial game up the F4 riled him also

• Haha
Reactions: PJ_
Was at the game last night - the rest of the family support the Panthers. Parra were gone a long way out. Actually, started to feel a bit sorry for the Parramatta supporters. They have waited a long time for success.

It was a really dominant game from Penrith, didn't feel like a GF. I think I would have preferred Penrith v Cowboys tbh but any way glad to see eels just capitulate and gutho really frustrated lol sorry for their fans I guess but ah well.

Sad thing is we are in a position geographically to be like Penrith and achieve near what they're achieving... It's just out people in charge just Dont seem to have a frigging clue
I know it belongs in another thread, but again you only have to listen to the Panther players after the game about the "community" they represent to realise while ever the same buffoons are in charge of WT we will never have that.

It would be hard for any community to feel a strong affiliation with Wests Tigers. Pick an area to represent, and get your arse planted there, fulltime.

Parra were beaten before they got on the field - Gutho led them out with a big smile on his face, Moses ran out waving to the crowd and clapping his hands like a little 2 year old who was just given their first cotton candy. Penrith on the other hand walked out with a steely determination on their faces - no smiles, no clapping - just a look of lets get this done.

I know it belongs in another thread, but again you only have to listen to the Panther players after the game about the "community" they represent to realise while ever the same buffoons are in charge of WT we will never have that.

It would be hard for any community to feel a strong affiliation with Wests Tigers. Pick an area to represent, and get your arse planted there, fulltime.
What a load of shit .
Just buy some decent players

Last edited:
Mentality. They have a group of players who all know how to win and want it. They set the standard for each other. Plenty of players scouted from other areas. Just a great crop built around a possible generational player.

Back