LIVE GAME 2023 Trial 1: Wests Tigers v Warriors

Live Game Discussion
The penalty’s and errors killed us tonight but what’s new aye
It's predictable and can see it coming a mile away with sheens style of play.
High Ball movement equals lots of dropped ball, bad passes etc which equals more defense which we suck at
More defense equals fatigue which equals penalties and more ball to the opposition which equals more defense for us = even more fatigue.
So the attacking structure goes out the window when we do get the pill and it's one out hit ups cause everyone's buggered and having a breather from all the bad running around scrambling defense we gotta do

Sheenius

Of course it’s all Nofa’s fault! News flash, every team that gets pumped is going to have overlaps down the wings!
Mate, News Flash....overlaps are because of 2 things, lazy inside players or terrible reads by wingers. Nofa is the worst defensive winger in the comp and no coaching will change that. Personally i do not rate Nofo at all.

Also remember the right edge combo for the Warriors had over 200 games top level experience between them vs 2 guys coming off ACLs with one never even having played nsw cup
The result will give these kids a reality check and hopefully more understanding of what they need to do to improve , we were flat in attack and slow , they will improve , next trial will be different with more experience coming in , Pole , Steph , will be the top grade , couple others will stand out in next level down and work towards top grade , the rest still a couple ears off , it wasn’t a good look overall but they will,get better , different coaches , different style of play will take a bit of time to adjust in real game play , training paddock not the same as the real deal

Mate, News Flash....overlaps are because of 2 things, lazy inside players or terrible reads by wingers. Nofa is the worst defensive winger in the comp and no coaching will change that. Personally i do not rate Nofo at all.
Our structures play a major role.
Talau and Scolari were beaten on the outside consistently.

Every game is a trial.
It my be a trail , but aren’t u in a trail put things that u have been doing at training into place , like how to defend on a edge , how to get deep in attack, don’t run one out , I had a under 12 side who could do the above better than what they dished up last night

It my be a trail , but aren’t u in a trail put things that u have been doing at training into place , like how to defend on a edge , how to get deep in attack, don’t run one out , I had a under 12 side who could do the above better than what they dished up last night
Yes, it was a red flag moment, warning us to lower our expectations.
I recall Api saying the first thing they are doing during off season training is to “look like a football team”. We’re obviously still working on that?

With all the talk of our new style of ball movement this off season, I had us pencilled in for a couple of bonus points - 10+ offloads and 5+ linebreaks. Got close…

Trial or not , year after year the supporters are fed a new feel good naritive to keep us happy and involved .
This year's mantra is PATHWAYS , the golden secret on the road to glory.
Having watched last night's game and
SG Ball , apart from a couple of forwards the cupboard is looking completely bare as far as this theory that our produced pathway talent will be our saviour.
We having a massive combined Balmain/Wests catchment area should be unearthing talent like Farrah,Lawrence, Tedesco, Woods,Brookes ,Moses etc BUT we have failed miserably to find anyone even close over the last 10 years.
This trial showed me the same cloned athletic players we find every year with terrible hands and zero grasp of footballing knowledge and they also lack even the base talent to ever be anything great.
Same same , we excuse mediocrity and never strive and seek the best.☹

Back