2024 Pre-Season

Galvin looked pretty comfortable in his trial appearance and while he wasn't putting people on their ass, but I don't think he will get smashed in defence either.
The only concern will be who's driving the team around. Puts a fair bit of pressure on Api and bud to organise the troops.
But if we are simply looking at a net +/- for points by including Galvin over Sezer, I think it's the right call.
Galvin didn’t put any points on the board during the trial. IMO he was outshone by Sullivan who was trying different plays and looking dangerous.
The one try involvement he had was orchestrated by Sezer.
It’s a poor call if injury is not involved.

I completely get where you’re coming from, but if he is ready then he’s ready, simple as that. the only way us fans will find that out is when we see him come 3pm Sunday. until then we’ll likely be debating this right up til kickoff.
One game won’t give us enough to go off.
Good or bad.

Galvin will be fast tracked for sure. The club knows there are 16 other clubs who would jump to sign him. So they will bend over backwards to keep the kid happy. Okay we have him tired up for a few years, but they don’t want a Moses/ Tedesco situation again.

From the little I have seen of him, he is a born organiser, and that is what we need

Maybe it’s a similar situation to last season,where Sheens and Co identified that Bula was a serious talent during pre season.One would assume they wish the blooded him earlier in the season ?! I don’t know.
It’s madness to play Galvin round 1 without ever playing a minute of flegg 😂 but I’m here for it.Supporting the Tigers is wild.
Anyway,Galvin to have a blinder and be our new poster boy 🙏🏽

He (Galvin) has the most talent/ability out of the options available at 6 or 7
Potentially…possibly.
He certainly does not currently possess a better game than Sezer who has played in an NRL grand final or Fainu who has played International footy against the Poms. Sullivan has also shown he can play in the top grade.
the stink you’re smelling is emanating from a club where this sad statement is true
It’s not true, it’s your opinion.

Galvin will be fast tracked for sure. The club knows there are 16 other clubs who would jump to sign him. So they will bend over backwards to keep the kid happy. Okay we have him tired up for a few years, but they don’t want a Moses/ Tedesco situation again.

From the little I have seen of him, he is a born organiser, and that is what we need
I don't think anyone, Galvin included, could've predicted this rise. gun to my head I don't think he's ready for 80 minutes of first grade, but I'm also not his Head Coach.

he said himself that his goal this year was to play well against men and tidy up his defence, so even he didn't anticipate this was coming. we definitely need to keep him and Isaac Moses onside moving forward given his potential, but again I don't think anyone would've anticipated that this is what was going to happen.

would the other 16 clubs have him over their current halves right now?

They gave Moses and Teddy everything they wanted and they still left.

If Galvins ready then that’s great but I can see Canberra snapping him in half.

Time will be the only answer to the debate around Galvin. I see the reasoning behind those who question it, but I don't understand the need to be so strongly against him playing 6 this week.

I said weeks ago it was obvious he was a legitimate chance, many said no way. Now those who said no way switch to saying what a mistake it is. Only time will tell.

One thing I believe, is that a very talented player combined with supreme fitness like Galvin has, can negotiate 80 minutes no problem. He will be in better positions defensively to handle what will be thrown at him then most. Sullivan is the worry in defence, not Galvin IMO.

I remember hearing Shane he will never debut a kid before signing him up long term I wonder if we will see an extension announced soon? And I wonder if there thinking a half’s pairing of jarome and Galvin?

Maybe it’s a similar situation to last season,where Sheens and Co identified that Bula was a serious talent during pre season.One would assume they wish the blooded him earlier in the season ?! I don’t know.
It’s madness to play Galvin round 1 without ever playing a minute of flegg 😂 but I’m here for it.Supporting the Tigers is wild.
Anyway,Galvin to have a blinder and be our new poster boy 🙏🏽
Sheens already confirmed that Jahream would have started earlier in the season if he was eligible.

I remember hearing Shane he will never debut a kid before signing him up long term I wonder if we will see an extension announced soon? And I wonder if there thinking a half’s pairing of jarome and Galvin?
Galvin has a three year contract - is that long term enough...

And Shane does not pick the teams.

In the context of development, if Galvin does debut, is it terrible to throw him in to get a read on where he is at against NRL teams?

I hate to say it, but 2024 was always going to be about avoiding the spoon, rather than making a big play at finals.

If we can test some juniors out, then Luai may actually have a halves partner that has at least some experience in the top grade.

If he is a revelation, then it's a bonus for the team. In reality, it's a wait and see proposition and we can always send him back to cup to improve. Whatever camp you're in, I'm sure we are all interested in the test he is about to face.

As a squad, we seemed to have sacrificed size & strength over the pre-season for fitness. Many of our players look lighter but weaker in the clinches. Examples being Seyfarth & Papalii. Anyone else share this observation?

As a squad, we seemed to have sacrificed size & strength over the pre-season for fitness. Many of our players look lighter but weaker in the clinches. Examples being Seyfarth & Papalii. Anyone else share this observation?
Seyfarth & Klemmer have definitely trimmed down but I thought Stef & Papali'i in particular have actually put on size.

Didn't like how we had no plan down Papali'i edge
when the ball went that way, was weird 2 C him &
Bateman swap sides 2 but they should be better
4 that first hit out & with more competent centre
partners imo. Need 2 show up with the right attitude

Reactions: BZN

Agreed. I can envisage Galvin and both Fainu brothers in our team. It is similar to rep selection where good players will always be found a position. I hope the third Fainu brother can work his way into our top team.

Didn't like how we had no plan down Papali'i edge
when the ball went that way, was weird 2 C him &
Bateman swap sides 2 but they should be better
4 that first hit out & with more competent centre
partners imo. Need 2 show up with the right attitude

Was expected.
We had new center & halves including the interchange option and new lock which is pivotal for link play. Bula was somewhat more involved as well. When Toa went off I think he switched then moved back.

With Olam in this week and Pole/Sezer starting it changes again this week.

We need stability to build from.

Normally those combos take a good 6-8 weeks to really get cracking.

At Parra he had a bucket load of stability not just player wise but even ball distribution & methods which was a huge part of his success.

He cops it but when things all around him change everyweek it’s nearly impossible for him to be effective everyweek.

Was expected.
We had new center & halves including the interchange option and new lock which is pivotal for link play. Bula was somewhat more involved as well. When Toa went off I think he switched then moved back.

With Olam in this week and Pole/Sezer starting it changes again this week.

We need stability to build from.

Normally those combos take a good 6-8 weeks to really get cracking.

At Parra he had a bucket load of stability not just player wise but even ball distribution & methods which was a huge part of his success.

He cops it but when things all around him change everyweek it’s nearly impossible for him to be effective everyweek.

Agree, he didn't look like he trusted his outside men
when he got some early ball did he? he just trucked
it up 4 some post contact meters. I like this centre
combo, Nadan will be watched carefully this weekend,
add Latu & Bud. It's going 2 B won in the middle on
Saturday. Big crowd & new combos to see us home

Back