Staff member
Forum Leader
Api to lead again

WESTS TIGERS

Api to lead again​

Wests Tigers
Wed 21 Feb 2024, 09:33 PM

Share on social media​

Apisai Koroisau will again captain Wests Tigers in the 2024 Telstra Premiership, after being officially handed the role at the club’s season launch.
wt2024_captain-announcement_web.jpg

John Bateman, also in his second season at the Wests Tigers, will share the leadership role as vice-captain.
If you can connect as a team, built on trust, that goes a long way towards winning.
Benji MarshallWests Tigers Head Coach
The 2024 NRL squad was greeted by more than 200 guests, including directors, sponsors, elite members, player partners, staff, and other key stakeholders at a harbourside venue in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Koroisau said he’s very much looking forward to leading what he calls a very closely connected group.
“Every player has really bought in to what Benji wants and what we want as a group,” Koroisau said.
We’ve worked hard in pre-season and soon it will be time to put it all into practice.
Api KoroisauWests Tigers NRL Captain
“I learned a lot last year in my first season as captain, and I’m looking forward to leading this group this season.
"We are all very proud to be representing Wests Tigers.”
Head coach Benji Marshall spoke about the team’s core values, and about how building trust and connection, will form the foundation of what his team achieves this season.
“All the teams I’ve been in, the more you trust each other and feel like you can open up to each other, that helps build success,” Marshall said.
If you can connect as a team, built on trust, that goes a long way towards winning.
Benji MarshallWests Tigers Head Coach
Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson addressed the audience and made a pledge to ‘do’ all he could to help make Wests Tigers great again.
“We’ll do, we won’t talk about doing. We’ll work hard, we won’t talk about working hard,” said Richardson.
“We’ll make this a business that people can be proud of, by doing, not talking.
“And I think it’s crucially important you understand that. This club is in a magnificent position.”
The club also unveiled its 2024 Heritage Jersey ahead of Wests Tigers 25th season in the NRL.
The Heritage Jersey is a replica of the very first jersey worn against Brisbane Broncos in Round 1 of the 2000 season at Campbelltown.
wt2024_heritage-jersey_web.jpg

Twenty-five years on and the NRL team will run out in the very same jersey, against the same opposition, at the same venue, when they play the Broncos in ANZAC Round.

Several past players attended the season launch, including the club’s inaugural captain, Darren Senter.
Life Members Chris Lawrence and Pat Richards were also on hand to talk more the new Wests Tigers Alumni, which will be launched in the coming weeks.
Wests Tigers will play their final trial this weekend against the Dragons in the NRL Pre-season Challenge in Mudgee.
They then play the Raiders in Canberra in Round 2 of the Telstra Premiership following a bye in Round 1.

NRL Squad for Season 2024:
Solomone Alaimalo, John Bateman, Jahream Bula, Tallyn Da Silva, Adam Doueihi, Chris Faagutu*, Solomona Faataape*, Latu Fainu, Samuela Fainu, Sione Fainu, Josh Feledy, Lachlan Galvin, Asu Kepaoa, David Klemmer, Apisai Koroisau, Kit Laulilii*, Alexander Lobb*, Justin Matamua, Jordan Miller, Brent Naden, Justin Olam, Isaiah Papali'i, Fonua Pole, Solomone Saukuru*, Alex Seyfarth, Aidan Sezer, Jake Simpkin, Charlie Staines, Tony Sukkar*, Jayden Sullivan, Starford To'a, Brandon Tumeth , Junior Tupou, Alex Twal, Stefano Utoikamanu (*Development contract)

Bateman has his knockers but he is 100% the kind of leader that players want to play with. Good decision.

Oh I get it and have no problem with it, shows clear intent of no BS/Talk is cheap motto we are running with.

Consistency IMO which is a good thing.

Don’t think I can recall this level of consistency in all decisions and talk top to bottom with us ever before.

Oh I get it and have no problem with it, shows clear intent of no BS/Talk is cheap motto we are running with.

Consistency IMO which is a good thing.

Don’t think I can recall this level of consistency in all decisions and talk top to bottom with us ever before.
I just hope they stay the course this year, doubt it’s a great year but trust the process and 2025 we’ll be strong.

Api to lead again

WESTS TIGERS

Api to lead again​

Wests Tigers
Wed 21 Feb 2024, 09:33 PM

Share on social media​

Apisai Koroisau will again captain Wests Tigers in the 2024 Telstra Premiership, after being officially handed the role at the club’s season launch.
wt2024_captain-announcement_web.jpg

John Bateman, also in his second season at the Wests Tigers, will share the leadership role as vice-captain.

The 2024 NRL squad was greeted by more than 200 guests, including directors, sponsors, elite members, player partners, staff, and other key stakeholders at a harbourside venue in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Koroisau said he’s very much looking forward to leading what he calls a very closely connected group.
“Every player has really bought in to what Benji wants and what we want as a group,” Koroisau said.

“I learned a lot last year in my first season as captain, and I’m looking forward to leading this group this season.
"We are all very proud to be representing Wests Tigers.”
Head coach Benji Marshall spoke about the team’s core values, and about how building trust and connection, will form the foundation of what his team achieves this season.
“All the teams I’ve been in, the more you trust each other and feel like you can open up to each other, that helps build success,” Marshall said.

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson addressed the audience and made a pledge to ‘do’ all he could to help make Wests Tigers great again.
“We’ll do, we won’t talk about doing. We’ll work hard, we won’t talk about working hard,” said Richardson.
“We’ll make this a business that people can be proud of, by doing, not talking.
“And I think it’s crucially important you understand that. This club is in a magnificent position.”
The club also unveiled its 2024 Heritage Jersey ahead of Wests Tigers 25th season in the NRL.
The Heritage Jersey is a replica of the very first jersey worn against Brisbane Broncos in Round 1 of the 2000 season at Campbelltown.
wt2024_heritage-jersey_web.jpg

Twenty-five years on and the NRL team will run out in the very same jersey, against the same opposition, at the same venue, when they play the Broncos in ANZAC Round.

Several past players attended the season launch, including the club’s inaugural captain, Darren Senter.
Life Members Chris Lawrence and Pat Richards were also on hand to talk more the new Wests Tigers Alumni, which will be launched in the coming weeks.
Wests Tigers will play their final trial this weekend against the Dragons in the NRL Pre-season Challenge in Mudgee.
They then play the Raiders in Canberra in Round 2 of the Telstra Premiership following a bye in Round 1.

NRL Squad for Season 2024:
Solomone Alaimalo, John Bateman, Jahream Bula, Tallyn Da Silva, Adam Doueihi, Chris Faagutu*, Solomona Faataape*, Latu Fainu, Samuela Fainu, Sione Fainu, Josh Feledy, Lachlan Galvin, Asu Kepaoa, David Klemmer, Apisai Koroisau, Kit Laulilii*, Alexander Lobb*, Justin Matamua, Jordan Miller, Brent Naden, Justin Olam, Isaiah Papali'i, Fonua Pole, Solomone Saukuru*, Alex Seyfarth, Aidan Sezer, Jake Simpkin, Charlie Staines, Tony Sukkar*, Jayden Sullivan, Starford To'a, Brandon Tumeth , Junior Tupou, Alex Twal, Stefano Utoikamanu (*Development contract)

I want to get the hat

“Make Wests Tigers Great Again”

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson addressed the audience and made a pledge to ‘do’ all he could to help make Wests Tigers great again

Api is a leaned and it's a no brainer he's (C) again. As @Leck mentioned he has something between the ears, but he's tough as and very talented too... One of our best buys ever hope he has a succesful injury free year.
I'm still not sold on Bateman yet... I've seen some negative stuff from him... Not often... Latenlast season... that doesn't augur well with being a leader
I saw him walking latenin a game an opposition player with the ball ran past him
.. The game and season. Was. Long gone but it was something that surprised me... His off season absences also don't sit well.
I know the player he CAN be I've seen it before but I haven't seen it with us... But if Benji thinks it's the way to go then less go.wit it

Glad to hear Rowdy is back.. This guy is class and people like Chris is how yiu get a great culture going again, this player alumni seems to be maybe addressing this. Pat and Hollywood are also well respected.. Good work. Club culture is something we really need to build on.

Api is a leaned and it's a no brainer he's (C) again. As @Leck mentioned he has something between the ears, but he's tough as and very talented too... One of our best buys ever hope he has a succesful injury free year.
I'm still not sold on Bateman yet... I've seen some negative stuff from him... Not often... Latenlast season... that doesn't augur well with being a leader
I saw him walking latenin a game an opposition player with the ball ran past him
.. The game and season. Was. Long gone but it was something that surprised me... His off season absences also don't sit well.
I know the player he CAN be I've seen it before but I haven't seen it with us... But if Benji thinks it's the way to go then less go.wit it

Glad to hear Rowdy is back.. This guy is class and people like Chris is how yiu get a great culture going again, this player alumni seems to be maybe addressing this. Pat and Hollywood are also well respected.. Good work. Club culture is something we really need to build on.
Agree with all of this, Ink. Especially the last paragraph. WT need these kind of people on board.

I want to get the hat

“Make Wests Tigers Great Again”

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson addressed the audience and made a pledge to ‘do’ all he could to help make Wests Tigers great again
What’s this “again” stuff?
Just kidding…

Latest posts

Members online

Back