3,2,1 discussion

king_sirro

I know the other thread is purely for voting and it makes it hard to tally when people put there thoughts behind their selections. But i like getting peoples views on why they picked certain players.

For me, i had

3.Marshall…....i know he made a few mistakes but i thought he was clearly the most dominant player

2.Gibbs.......unusual for a prop to figure in such an open game but i noticed Bryce all night. Thought he worked hard, took us forward and his clean up work was Glenn Lazarus like.

1.Farah....gave it to Farah just ahead of Ellis and Daniela. Thought it was a very polished game and had a hand in a number of tries.

Great idea for a thread KS! The only reason why I ask to keep it as a voting thread only is because I don't want to sift through pages of crap to count the votes. Sometimes people might post something else and most times I let it go because it's just here and there. The only thing that I find annoying is that after repeatedly asking to keep the count to 6 points people still give more, like they'll post 3 to whoever, 2 to whoever then 1 to this player and 1 to that player. Seriously, it's not rocket science. In saying that, having a thread like this will give me the opportunity to mention a few things about the voting like last week, Gareth Ellis polled the highest amount of votes of any play for any game this year. He got 145 votes and the second highest was 106 and that was for Chris Heighington who got 2 points for that same game.

Yeah me to…

3\. Heighington....took us forward during the flat times both in tight and out wide....defensively the best player on the park for mine..

2\. Fitzhenry...try saving tackle when we were under the pump....kicks for repeat sets...safe again under the high ball...chimed in to the attack when needed...big part of the best constructed play I've seen in ages putting Heghno away...

1\. Lui...became more involved as the match wore on...passing and kicking was quality and only getting better.....

In a game like that a lot of players could have got into the points....Benji was devestating but there was still things he can cut out of his game....caught on the first set in 2 minds...kicks out on the full...flick passes 5m out from your own line....

We didn't really have a bad player.....

For me
Daniella was MOM, he was directly involved in at least half our tries.
Ellis was second, worked his backside off, and was very effective in what he did
Fifita got the point, made some huge hit ups, and had some real spark. Just stood up over the rest, who all played very well.

Was hard to find a bad player out there tonight but I still dont see how Marshall gets votes in our top 3\. He kicked out on the full, was charged down, threw a pass to ground and a flick pass that was absolute rubbish on our line on the zero tackle. Sure he created some chances and line breaks but he made as many mistakes as Lawrence and he was just about our weakest out there tonight. Lui's kicking game, passing game and defence for me was superior than Benji's. Daniella 3 tries, 2 try assists, no misses in D, clearly superior IMO.

Anyway maybe I see the game differently, Im not saying he was poor but those errors can (and have been) costly in the past and he needs to get them out of his game. I reckon there was 8 TIgers in front of him today and he continually polls points and even MOM's with all those errors in his game, I just dont get it.

@Chris said:
Great idea for a thread KS! The only reason why I ask to keep it as a voting thread only is because I don't want to sift through pages of crap to count the votes. Sometimes people might post something else and most times I let it go because it's just here and there. The only thing that I find annoying is that after repeatedly asking to keep the count to 6 points people still give more, like they'll post 3 to whoever, 2 to whoever then 1 to this player and 1 to that player. Seriously, it's not rocket science. In saying that, having a thread like this will give me the opportunity to mention a few things about the voting like last week, Gareth Ellis polled the highest amount of votes of any play for any game this year. He got 145 votes and the second highest was 106 and that was for Chris Heighington who got 2 points for that same game.

Good stuff…would love to know how close or otherwise the voting is each week...also those players who just missed out on a spot in the Top 3...

i vote we take the newcastle's forum idea in the 3-2-1 of having 6 points so if u wanna do 2-2-1-1 u can or 3-3 or 1-1-1-1-1-1

because from that performance i cant pick out a 3-2-1!!

that is unless we already do LOL -.-

Izotope, you can do that. You can give as many points to whoever you want only thing is it has to add up to 6 and it has to be whole numbers not halves. The thing that I wont allow is something like 3-2-1-1 or 2-2-2-1.

Back