3 wins and we should make the top 4

The only team that scares me is the Broncos this year…

They are young and play a very upbeat style of game and appear very motivated.

@Spartan117 said:

We can take them Spartan Probably in the GF the way my calculator worked out as welll
Will be great to give to all those Broncos supporters up here as well

@Spartan117 said:
That would be horible…

I can see the 3 hour pre game show being all about Lockyer.....

Make it so much sweeter when we win Spartan Don't you think ??

I like for Wests Tigers to continue winning games and go into the finals with momentum. Also no new injuries would be good.

Hope Utai is dropped for Lote.

Lawrence will be a big plus when available.

If results go our way we could finish as high as 4th with a home final.

As long as we can avoid 7th and 8th position we are a great chance.

Melbourne and the Broncos are the 2 teams I fear. Happy to face the other sides.

Love finals time expecially when WT are part of it.

I believe it will be Warriors v Tigers in week 1 of the finals.

We can beat the Warriors.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@LARDS said:
By my reckoning we finish 5th , with an away semi at either townsville or NZ (unfortunately).

I'd sooner play in Townsville or Auckland than Melbourne or Suncorp.

I agree there. I think if we avoid the Storm at all costs and then the broncos i'll be happy.

I also dont want the bunnies in the 8 as they always seem to find an extra gear (or a miracle field goal) against us if we did get to the business end of the finals series.

@Muffstar said:
@TheDen said:
At least by Sunday with Storm v Dragons, Souths v Cowgirls on Friday and Panthers v Warriors on Sat

we will know if we can leap a few teams with a win over the Eels. Could be the extra motivation we need to avoid complacency especially if the Dragons, Cowboys and Warriors all win

I have not seen the Parra v Manly game but it seems that Parra put in a much better effort - so we will have to play better than we did against Penrith.

watch the 2nd half

@Spartan117 said:

Yeah, I agree with that, Spartan. Brisbane are playing extremely well - they have talent across the park and Lockyer's impending retirement is a huge motivator. Surprisingly, Melbourne don't concern me as much, despite their imposing form, because I think the Tigers can worry Melbourne a bit, no matter how well they're going.

We certainly have the measure of the other teams, on our day, but I would love it to be the Cowboys first up and it doesn't matter where we play - we have a pretty good record over them in finals football :wink:

I am a terrible tipster, but I came up with: Tigers 4 v saints 5, Brisbane 3 v warriors 6, manly 2 v nthqld 7, melb 1 v knights 8.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

The game against parra is the danger game as they allways give us trouble. I just hope we aim up.I beleive that we can finish 4th if we win the next 3 games. G o the mighty Tigers.

@habibsta33 said:
Either way the chances are were going to play st choke at the sfs, Whether we finish fifth or fourth soo i dont really think it matters to much besides the fact that it sounds and looks good to finish in the top 4 in a pretty a strong comp this year. Either way bring on the semis!! :slight_smile:

If we were to play St George would it be at the SFS or Homebush? Given the crowd last year I think the NRL might opt for Homebush if these two play in the finals. A game between us and Saints should be looking at 55,000 plus crowd.

I like this.. I didn't realise we were so close to the top 4 & with the reasons stated here (having the 3 teams above playing each other) is a huge bonus.

Big chance…

@Spartan117 said:
It id very likly that we may find the Tigers in 5th place next week.

Warriors dont travel that well and If the Panthers get a few players back…You never know

Warriors beat Melbourne in Melbourne so you can't really say this (and they also came insanely close to beating Brisbane in Brisbane).

@sunshine coast tiger said:
If we were to play St George would it be at the SFS or Homebush? Given the crowd last year I think the NRL might opt for Homebush if these two play in the finals. A game between us and Saints should be looking at 55,000 plus crowd.

well it should be at homebush because if it was at sfs some people would miss out

I'm hoping the team use the next few matches to consolidate where they are at mentally. Basically, we are pretty much in the semi finals so that goal has virtually been achieved.

The next three games when you are expected to win will be good mental tests. If we play switched on then it won't be a problem.

Each of these final three games is quite capable of tripping us up if the attitude is wrong.

COME ON TIGERS!

@alien said:
@sunshine coast tiger said:

well it should be at homebush because if it was at sfs some people would miss out

If there are 2 Sydney teams in the 4 I would think the NRL would schedule Manlys home semi at the SFS and either WT or Saints would be at Homebush - should Manly be the only Sydney team in the 4 it would come down to what agrreements the NRL have with Homebush and SFS for end of season games i guess.

Geez I think we are all getting a little ahead of ourselves!

I've just worked a few different scenarios into the finals calculator and if we drop all three games and other results go against us (Knights and Souths winning) we drop out of the 8\. If we win one of the three than we are certainties of securing a finals place. Knowing the tigers track record and thier performance against a depleted Panthers side, losing all 3 is a real possibility. I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'm just hopeful we win at least one of the games and keep our best form for the finals!

Back