4 weeks for Sezers hip drop

I think Annesley did a pretty good job of explaining this one - not a hip drop but still a dangerous tackle. Semantics I know but should have been in the bin. Length of the suspension is due to Sezer being a repeat offender - he has three strikes in relation ot dangerous contact and the length of the penalty is related to where he sits on that table.

100% with you Demps.

Klem and Seyfarth should be praised for being sent off.
If were not going to get a fair share from the Refs, lets play rough and be known for playing rough.

Definately have the right roster for it now.
Yeah brilliant, let’s get guys marched every week and guarantee a hatrick of spoons.

The difference is the pistons were physical in a non contact game. It’s a full contact game and we don’t haven’t can’t make other teams hurt.
A non contact sport which was played with a lot of contact for basketball. I’m all for the Bad Boy Pistons style.

Seyfarth is actually growing on me. From memory, it was just going to be a massive hit if he connected - not illegal.

You get penalised for tackling too hard these days.

100% with you Demps.

Klem and Seyfarth should be praised for being sent off.
If were not going to get a fair share from the Refs, lets play rough and be known for playing rough.

Definately have the right roster for it now.
Wouldn't be a good thing for Fainu's development who has demonstrated controlled aggression. Need the experienced players setting a good example.

"It was the locking of the leg"....
Ok I just read that it was almost exactly the same as Nathan Cleary’s one on Walters from a few years back where he gets charged with a fine.
Fair enough as Annsley said the priors affect the length of suspension but it was graded a grade 3 dangerous contact.
If it’s not a grade 3 hip drop is it a grad 3 dangerous contact.
Once again the club ly down and get walked on.
Fight it ffs what’s an extra week when your already sitting out 4?

Rules on the run. Every tackle made can be deemed dangerous it's a collision sport and none more so when trying to prevent a player from scoring.
Now not a hip drop because we we could have defended that and also supports ref not sending him to the bin - instead just dangerous with a severe grading and justifies 4 weeks suspension..Annesley must lie awake every Sunday night creating the mop up script.

Wouldn't be a good thing for Fainu's development who has demonstrated controlled aggression. Need the experienced players setting a good example.
Agreed.

If we’re going to lose though you want to teams battered and bruised after playing us.

You want them to think they’re walking on egg shells if they accidentally elbow one of our guys for example.

I’d be inclined to give Sam Fainu permission to go rogue and just start bullying guys.

Surely the club has to fight this. There was nothing to suggest that Curran was hampered in anyway from that tackle and it is not a hip drop so what is it - another discretionary ruling??
Sezer has already taken the early plea so no fighting it TT. Looks like they accepted it, no doubt after due examination and advice.

Hang on a minute.
Sezer got a 4 week suspension due to loading on previous indiscretions around a hip drop. So presumably the club took the early guilty plea on the initial ruling on the hip drop charge. NOW that the referees boss has ruled that it wasn't a hip drop, the charge and the length of the suspension MUST be revisited by the NRL or at the very least the Wests Tigers should be given a please explain and an option of fighting the farcical charge.
I will go back to the good Friday clash where Latrell Mitchell knocks out JAC as he is trying to score a try...I know what the more dangerous tackle is out of these two, not to mention Crichton coming in like a kamikaze pilot into exposed ribs of Sezer with two blokes already holding him up on Saturday.
Pretty sure it doesn’t matter what the offence is. Loading is loading.

Not surprised he got suspended but NRL 360 suggesting that izac Tago got more harshly treated for what they said was an identical tackle don't seem to do their sums
Tago 10 in the bin +1 week = 90 mins of game time
Sezer 4 weeks = 320 mins of game time

Back