8- Point Try

Bismark

So I am very much against this decision, I thought it changed the momentum of the game, definitely the first half, and was undoubtably incorrect.

Disagree with me as you will, but what is with the resurgence of 8-point tries? Its like since Origin 3, when NSW got one, people actually remember the rule being around and feel the need to brandish it.

I know the commentators jumped straight onto the fact it could be an 8 point try, when in all honesty, last season it probably wouldn't have been considered.

Biggest "wtf" I've had in a while.

to me it looked like gibbs hit the ground first coz of the way his body jolted up after hitting the ground. had he connected with burt he would not have bounced up like that. i saw the replay at the game and it was not an 8 pt try. that was ridiculous. sheens pointed out he was pulling out of the tackle n replays prove that. def a big turning point n shift in momentum.
i wish burt was doing the kicking coz there is no way he would have buried them from the sideline like that goose inu did. he must have the record for the longest time to kick a ball. he took 5 kicks n they took a total of 10mins to convert. he dead set took forever.

didnt someone predict that a 1st half controversial call by the refs would prove the difference? well they were almost right, if benji had kicked straight we would only have lost by 2 points…the same bonus 2 points from the 8 point try.

I thought it was a fair call. You can't lead in with legs or feet to stop tries, and that's what Gibbs did. Stupid play and we paid the ultimate price for it.

I think Bryce got himself into a silly and awkward position. They happen each week and nothing ever happens. Penalty try was not needed.

Definitely not deliberate, but line ball whether it should have been penalised. I am happy enough for it to be penalised if every other case just like it is penalised. Is that too much to ask?

@Juro said:
Definitely not deliberate, but line ball whether it should have been penalised. I am happy enough for it to be penalised if every other case just like it is penalised. Is that too much to ask?

Than you have heaps more of them and they aren't the rare event which they seem to be.

How they award that a penalty try but not Slaters studs kung-fu stuff is a joke. One can break bones and is deliberate. Another is a prop getting himself into a silly position.

Gibbs is a fruit loop in all tight games he does something stupid and puts the team on the back foot and not just this season he lays in the ruck gets offside now he is giveing 8 point trys away in a game as important as last night the guys a boofhead

if luke burt didnt get injured it would never of been looked at

Hadley thinks he should have been sent off.

What more would you expect from a skirt wearing Parra fan who has never laced a pair of boots on in his life though

@Allan Towle said:
@Juro said:

Than you have heaps more of them and they aren't the rare event which they seem to be.

How they award that a penalty try but not Slaters studs kung-fu stuff is a joke. One can break bones and is deliberate. Another is a prop getting himself into a silly position.

I saw Slater make first contact with the knees in a Manly no-try today. Video referee looked at it. No try (because it wasn't), no penalty. Again, the fans go away scratching their heads…

There will be many more examples of what happened to Gibbs and Burt. Penalty try call was a joke. Its just one of those things that happen.

Back