A Defining moment in the History of our club

I love this kid. I just like him as a person. He seems to me like a good guy. I like seeing Indigenous players do well. At the same time I've been pushing for a better fullback for a while. I just didn't think he was coming on enough.

He did everything right out there. So many special plays. Running wide of Brooks and passing to Naden to score. He got smashed playing that role early in the game but kept doing it. He also followed Doueihi for the should have been winning try and again gave a great pass.

Awesome stuff.
Well said Earl.
People have to put things into perspective.
Last year having come from the Panthers he showed some glimpses of being a good buy. He and AD were our attacking hopes but AD got injured and in the end so did Laurie.
Laurie came back this year and has taken a bit more time to hit his straps with that knee....he is only a little fella heh.
Now I believe he doesn't think about that knee and is running freely.
He was criticised for taking time to go to his rellies funeral and also celebrating his old panther mates GF victory.
He acknowledged that this was a bad look and so be it, but it does say something about how much mates and family mean to him.
Gardiner said tonight how much he jokes and laughs at training and how much he's liked at the club.
Hopefully that bond is infectious and we get some brotherhood happening moving forward.

It’s time to get out the Roy Masters playbook.
We are the downtrodden underdogs on the wrong end of town. Hate from Refs, the NRL and the Media.
Time to bunker down and drive that as our future call to arms. Worked for Roy and his merry men and after all we are the offspring of that lot.
That's funny.

Last night I watched Matty Johns interview Roy. I realized how much I had back then.

And now with our possible threat of litigation reminds me of 78 very much a kid a believer of justice when the day before the PF against Manly a young Dennis Fitzgerald was at Philip st arguing his case late on the Friday night after Parramatta got robbed on 7 tackle tries and I'm waiting for the 11pm news on radio to see if the Wests v Manly PF goes ahead before we get robbed having 3 fair tries disallowed and being penalised on 3 separate occasions of incorrect play the ball whilst on attack in an era when teams would never get penalised for incorrect play the ball.

The face slapping started next year and my belief in justice ended well before high school.

Maybe this will put a further rocket under our membership.

To be fair, when I say move on, I want them to kick up a massive storm, get angry and frustrated in the media but don't stress too much about it internally. As Payten said, what goes around comes around, I want this to come around in a year which actually means something.

To be fair, when I say move on, I want them to kick up a massive storm, get angry and frustrated in the media but don't stress too much about it internally. As Payten said, what goes around comes around, I want this to come around in a year which actually means something.

No it doesn't

Members online

Back