A Wrap For Thurston

system

I don't like the guy on the field at all and think he is a sook and a germ.

But with the entire stand giving him a serve at the end of the match he saw a Cowboys fan with a texta and a jersey to sign and walked right to the front of the mod hurling abuse and signed the jersey and gave the kid a smile and some nice words.

That makes him a real class act for mine. He went out of his way to make that kids day a little more special

He's an incredible footballer & the heart of that Cowboys team.

For mine, Thurston's competitiveness sometimes gets the better of him, but if that's his greatest failing, he's alright.

I'll say one thing- the Cowboys as a whole have an attitude problem.

Remember back in 05 when they lost to the Tigers in the GF? They enjoyed every week, every game & you could see that in the way they played.

Now they play angry.

And it doesn't work for them.

Theyre only angry at us.
Face it, if the result went the other way that night in Oct 05, we'd be angry with them too.
Good to see he realises where his money comes from.

Should be more of it, good on him that is a classy thing to do.

IMO they have no right to be angry with us…

a team that gets flogged 50-6 in the first week of finals doesnt deserve to be IN the grand final...

thurston is still a cat...

@innsaneink said:
Theyre only angry at us.
Face it, if the result went the other way that night in Oct 05, we'd be angry with them too.

Yeah….I don't necessarily agree.

Bowen has not been the same player since. How often do you see him smiling on the field now?

They don't play....'happily' any more. It used to be like watching kids play when you watched the Cowboys- hooting & hollering & high fives & trick plays.

Now.....well, it's different.

@Chadman's Ghost said:
@innsaneink said:
Theyre only angry at us.

Yeah….I don't necessarily agree.

Bowen has not been the same player since. How often do you see him smiling on the field now?

They don't play....'happily' any more. It used to be like watching kids play when you watched the Cowboys- hooting & hollering & high fives & trick plays.

Now.....well, it's different.

That is awesome. We are responsible for the Cowboys attitude. If only we can do that in the grand final this year to the dragons or bulldogs :stuck_out_tongue:

I would just like to say Thurston maybe a sook and all that but is a great footballer and make no mistake that guy hit the wall yesterday and lucky for us he did, and still had time for the kids i wont knock him

@Geo. said:
Yeah fairy clap for him ….Still a cat though.....

Hahaha

I almost felt a form of guilt for the 80mins of abuse i hurled his way when i saw that…... i think a few around me did as well... Boy was he still coping it thought while he was there, showed character but it was then i realised, no matter what he does he'll always be a grub in my eyes... a grub of the highest order..

@innsaneink said:
Theyre only angry at us.

yeah good call ink…..

Good stuff from Thurston. In reality whatever the crowd says is probably water off a ducks back. He has copped it all and it probably doesn't phase him anymore.

@norm said:
Anything to heighten kids intrest in the game is a positive thing in my eyes, it keeps them in rugby league and we don't lose them to soccer or gay F L.

I bet that kid can't wait to get abuse hurled at him by 18,000 screaming Tigers fans when he grows up! :laughing:

I dont mind Thurston as a player but he always seems to whinge against us
lol heres some proof
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/gallery-e6frextr-1225751563642?page=16

He's a great player and a great person. He plays the game hard and pushes everything to the limits. This upsets a lot of people.

Personally I don't think that any bloke who plays top level footy is a cat. I can't understand how some people do.

@smeghead said:
I don't like the guy on the field at all and think he is a sook and a germ.

But with the entire stand giving him a serve at the end of the match he saw a Cowboys fan with a texta and a jersey to sign and walked right to the front of the mod hurling abuse and signed the jersey and gave the kid a smile and some nice words.

That makes him a real class act for mine. He went out of his way to make that kids day a little more special

That's really good to hear. Having seen other "stars" behave in the exact opposite way towards little kids, this kind of restores faith in the big names and their attitude towards the kids who adore them. Well done.

he is my most despised player but then it goes to show that you dont see the real person when you are just watching them on tv. i really respect him for doing that and there is now a (remote!) possibility i will look at him differently on the field.
also, fair dues to you smeg for creating this post acknowledging this….

Back