Adam Blair cleared to play in Four Nations

Adam Blair cleared to play in Four Nations
AARON LAWTON
Last updated 05:00 26/09/2011
>
The New Zealand Rugby League has successfully lobbied the NRL to allow Adam Blair to take part in this year's Four Nations in Britain.
>
The Melbourne Storm star was suspended for five weeks in late August after his involvement in an ugly brawl during his side's loss to the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval in Sydney.
>
Blair has already missed three matches – including Saturday night's shock 20-12 loss to the Warriors in Melbourne – but still has two weeks to spend on the sidelines.
>
Before the Four Nations starts, the Kiwis are scheduled play the Cook Islands in Rarotonga on October 6 and Australia in Newcastle 10 days later.
>
Although missing both matches should, in theory, complete Blair's ban, NZRL boss Jim Doyle was led to believe that neither was going to count.
>
That would have kept Blair out of action for the first two matches of this year's Four Nations and prompted several discussions between officials from both sides of the Tasman to determine whether such a scenario was fair.
>
Eventually, thanks to Doyle's persistence, common sense prevailed and on Friday the NRL finally confirmed that the "warm-up" tests would count towards Blair's ban.
>
Doyle said the dispute had been a simple misunderstanding rather than a suspect attempt to cost Blair a place in the Kiwis' Four Nations squad.
>
"The initial concept was that the ban would continue at the start of the Four Nations," Doyle said.
>
"But when they realised that we had scheduled two tests before that tour – against the Cook Islands and Australia – they agreed that those matches needed to be considered."
>
- Fairfax Media

So if the warm out matches count she should now be able to have a full off season with the Tigers plus our trial matches.

Good news!
 
Game against the Cook Islands was cancelled I believe, so he'll still miss the opening match of the 4N.
 
@Danos said:
Game against the Cook Islands was cancelled I believe, so he'll still miss the opening match of the 4N.

Yeah it was, NZ claimed they were missing their top 30 players or so and therefore did not see the point of the test match. I would have liked in to be on regardless, we should be doing whatevers possible to grow the game and its competitiveness internationally
 
he has generally played for nz at prop

i dont care if he plays the tests, as long as he is right for our trials thats all that matters!
 
G Stewart may very well be playing him in this series. I hope they leave it, don't want Blair copping a game for us
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED
 
@tigertye said:
G Stewart may very well be playing him in this series. I hope they leave it, don't want Blair copping a game for us
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Good point - will be interesting to watch!
 
@helmesy said:
@tigertye said:
G Stewart may very well be playing him in this series. I hope they leave it, don't want Blair copping a game for us
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Good point - will be interesting to watch!

The sook pulled out of the tour replaced by Beau Scott
 
@happy tiger said:
@helmesy said:
@tigertye said:
G Stewart may very well be playing him in this series. I hope they leave it, don't want Blair copping a game for us
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Good point - will be interesting to watch!

The sook pulled out of the tour replaced by Beau Scott

woaaaah
nice.
 
Back
Top