Adam Blair To Broncos (CONFIRMED)

Bennet = overrated. Goes where the money is. I won't deny that certain players do lift for him. The St.George project brought a premiership, but he's left the place in tatters.

@VanillaThunder said:
Blair is the club captain for the next three or four years at least, if he goes then we've got absolutely no chance of making the eight

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

You over rate him….Blair ran for 33M in the 4 nations final...gives away too many penalties...he does not bend the line...his best attribute is he is "busy"....there are plenty of "busy" workers in the forward we can get for a lot less than we are paying Blair!....

@Furious1 said:
@Flippedy said:
Seriously??? Yeah let's pillage the team that is struggling and has very little quality players in it to begin with - piss off Bennett! Go and find yourself a 'dream' forward from one of the stronger clubs, FFS![/

Just proves to me Bennett is overrated. Sure he is a good coach, but he is only a super coach when he had the cream of the crop playing for him. It's time the salary cap is scrapped in favour of a points system, that way things like the Thoroughbreds, with their backdoor top up of contracts won't come into play so much. Very few people have faith in the cap these days.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5_

I agree
Especially about the salary cap I've been screaming to change it for a while now.

Like many here I was not at all impressed with our big money purchase when Blair first arrived. I now regard him as an experienced, pivotal player with our young squad. I would like to see him stay, but I don't think he owes us anything and could easily walk.
I just keep in mind that it is the off season, the 4 Nations is finished and NRL stories are hard to come by. They'll be scratching for something to write.

He needs to stay. Blair has always been able to play when switched on. Eg vs melb , for the kiwis etc. We now have a coach that may be able to motivate him to produce more often. Potter hardly the inspirational type.

_Posted using RoarFEED_

He needs to stay. Blair has always been able to play when switched on. Eg vs melb , for the kiwis etc. We now have a coach that may be able to motivate him to produce more often. Potter hardly the inspirational type.

_Posted using RoarFEED_

In the final year of his contract there's no incentive for us to release him. He will have a big year, like most of our off-contract players do.

A year or two ago would be a different story…

I was on the "sack Blair" bandwagon in his first couple of years at the club. However, these days, I consider him as a key to the forwards performance. Keep it up please & take a leaf out of Martin Taupau's recent test match guide book.

Latest rumour is a three way swap which would involve us losing Blair and getting SKD…...i wouldnt be adverse to this.

We need Blair for this year IMO. Next year he can go where he wants

How the hell can the bronco's fit Blair under the cap,are we the only club who is not rorting.

The first two years he was here cost us $1,000,000 for very little return. Now he is hitting his straps we are entitled to reap the benefits on his final year with us (if it's true he is leaving). Either that or the Broncos or whoever, pay through the nose for his services….

@simonthetiger said:
Latest rumour is a three way swap which would involve us losing Blair and getting SKD…...i wouldnt be adverse to this.

Knowing our luck we'll lose Blair and SKD will sign with Cronulla!

@simonthetiger said:
Is he hitting his straps??…..he was ok.

Really??? Wow, you know everything Simon….What would we do without experts like you to guide us through life.... :laughing:

@Snapper said:
I think 2015 will be a big year for Adam. He will be playing for a new contract for 2016\. He has been under achieving for the last three years. He is experienced and owes Wests Tigers a big year.

I agree, Blair will have a great year next year for us.

And after that great year, we should not re-sign him.

Wests Tigers release Adam Blair
Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the Club has granted Adam Blair a release from the final year of his contract.
>
Blair has played 192 NRL games since debuting for the Melbourne Storm in 2006, with the New Zealand international joining Wests Tigers for the 2012 season.
>
At Wests Tigers Blair played 71 games, missing just one match during his time at the Club, including not missing a game in the last two seasons, with the 28 year old scoring four tries during that time.
>
Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor thanked Blair for his commitment to the Club and wished him well for his playing future.
>
“On behalf of Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Adam for his effort and commitment both on and off the field during his time at the Club,” said Taylor. “It’s impressive to note that during three seasons with the Club Adam didn’t miss a game through injury, sitting just one out through suspension.
>
“Adam played an important role in Wests Tigers’ Leadership Group and we wish him the best of luck for the 2015 season and beyond,” he said.
>
Taylor also stressed that while Wests Tigers had released a number of players since the finish of the 2014 NRL season the Club won’t be making any major signings ahead of 2015.
>
“By releasing Adam and a couple of other players recently we have had some relief in the salary cap,” said Taylor. “But I need to make it clear this doesn’t mean that we’re going to be signing up players between now and the start of the 2015 season.
>
“We’re planning for long-term success here and any decisions regarding signing new players will be made with this in mind,” he said. “We have a great group of young players coming through the Wests Tigers system and from what I’ve seen of them so far I’m confident that they will develop into a strong group of NRL players.
>
“I can assure Wests Tigers Members and supporters that we have a clear recruitment strategy and we are committed to building a successful Club that will challenge for premierships,” said Taylor.

Back