Adam Doueihi #227

I don't necessarily disagree with you but it sounds like a complete overhaul of our spine and I don't think that there is any way we will be able to buy an established quality half or fullback. It would have to be another development player.

I don't have an answer. My hope was AD proves himself a marquee type player but his defense is terrible and his attack isn't consistent.

I think the team has to revolve around Hastings but I'm not sure if he can play that 13/halfback role all season. I also feel he is playing that role because we have two halves that aren't up to it as halves in Brooks and AD. It might work though. Brooks and AD are both decent running 6's.

I'm not sure if our forwards or spine are the areas in our team that need the most amount of changes.
We played our best footy with JH at 7/13 and Brooks/Madden and AD at 5/8's. The role of 7/13 for Hastings was genius!

Been a few slower 6s in the game. Freddy, wade Graham.
Hopefully the King takes after these

We played our best footy with JH at 7/13 and Brooks/Madden and AD at 5/8's. The role of 7/13 for Hastings was genius!

One of the recent sheens interview he mentioned when Brooks was at 6 he had the speed to play both sides. Mentioned that play where they'd stand on one side and Brooks would quickly run to the opposite side and do a set play there.

Sheens mentioned when AD is at 6 they wouldn't play both sides because AD is a bigger body half and AD would just stick to the one side .

Regardless agree none of it works iwithout JH in the side with the one caveat that our attack did become predictable with him at 7 and a period there we were not scoring many points.

One of the recent sheens interview he mentioned when Brooks was at 6 he had the speed to play both sides. Mentioned that play where they'd stand on one side and Brooks would quickly run to the opposite side and do a set play there.

Sheens mentioned when AD is at 6 they wouldn't play both sides because AD is a bigger body half and AD would just stick to the one side .

Regardless agree none of it works iwithout JH in the side with the one caveat that our attack did become predictable with him at 7 and a period there we were not scoring many points.
We don't have the squad to play typical footy, just like we didn't in 2005. You need to be creative when you don't have the "talent". I think the NRL is ready for a new structure and that might just be the 13 being the new 7. It beat the Cowboys and Broncos.....

We paid $630k for someone unwanted at Souths. That’s not to say he can’t do a job for us.
He needs to hit the weights over the summer, build his upper body strength and learn how to win the collision.
Sheens will have him at 13 if he can do that. Alternatively, he can mope because he won’t get the 7 jersey, then get picked up by a club like Panthers who will play him off the bench.
Get a grip … no one would believe he gets that money 🤣
However we’re paying around a million for someone who needs someone to do his job.

"Can" and "Does" back up....
2 totally different things.

To be fair, If he hadn't come to the Tigers, He'd be playing ressies at the Roosters with Keighran...
Souths moved him and kept blokes like Marsters, Paulo, Graham....
He's had some decent games - Some utter shite..... Can't defend, Can't read defence
(Or just chooses not to be there - how far off he can get himself makes me wonder)

It's easy for him to stand out basically running a back rower play out wide and stream rolling defence - I don't know how that makes anyone a 5/8.
He thinks because he came through as a 5/8 (Like every other big kid with a bit of talent in the history of the game) that gives him first mortgage....
If he doesn't earn it - And work on the shit in his game.... Then let him walk!!

He's not going to play 5/8 in a top side.... He's just not.
Funny then how nearly every league expert in the media refers to him as our best player.
Doesn’t say much for the rest… including our million dollar man🤣

Toss up and dilemma

I also like many others consider AD the best player at our club. i see him as a future captain also.
Now the landscape changes. New season coming fast , player signings , players moving on, positions up for grabs, change of goal kicker and possible captain change.

How on earth do you work out an offer and get it right to keep AD ?
Not easy , then you have probably 15 more players to chat with .

AD is an interesting one as he appears to have all the attributes to be Captain one day.

What is his best position 5/8 or Centre. My two cents worth I would use him at Centre.

Not a modern day full back and Laurie appears to be warming to the role.

I would love WT to keep him as we need players like him that display passion and appear to want WT to be a better place.

AD is an interesting one as he appears to have all the attributes to be Captain one day.

What is his best position 5/8 or Centre. My two cents worth I would use him at Centre.

Not a modern day full back and Laurie appears to be warming to the role.

I would love WT to keep him as we need players like him that display passion and appear to want WT to be a better place.

If only he could play.

Too many on the payroll that can't

Toss up and dilemma

I also like many others consider AD the best player at our club. i see him as a future captain also.
Now the landscape changes. New season coming fast , player signings , players moving on, positions up for grabs, change of goal kicker and possible captain change.

How on earth do you work out an offer and get it right to keep AD ?
Not easy , then you have probably 15 more players to chat with .
If only his form matched his ego ! $300 to $400 thous. player at the most. Tigers often pay $200 thou, over for duds, and get gun shy paying overs for class. I only hope Sheens changes this pathetic trend.

Melbourne tried and failed to get Adam Doueihi on loan on August 1 but don’t be surprised if they come back for the Wests Tigers star on a more permanent basis should Cameron Munster opt to sign with the Dolphins after November 1.

The Storm’s priority is to keep Munster and they won’t rest while there is still hope that he could stay. However, if the Queensland and Australian superstar elects to leave, the Storm will need to explore their options and Doueihi is likely to be at the top of the list alongside Canterbury star Matt Burton.
Doueihi’s contract mirrors that of Munster - he is off contract at the end of next season. The lure of Melbourne might be too much to resist for Doueihi given how tempted he was to join the club when the offer of a loan came up a few weeks ago.

The Tigers ultimately prevented Doueihi helping Melbourne in the lead-up to the finals - David Nofoaluma joined the Storm instead.

Melbourne tried and failed to get Adam Doueihi on loan on August 1 but don’t be surprised if they come back for the Wests Tigers star on a more permanent basis should Cameron Munster opt to sign with the Dolphins after November 1.

The Storm’s priority is to keep Munster and they won’t rest while there is still hope that he could stay. However, if the Queensland and Australian superstar elects to leave, the Storm will need to explore their options and Doueihi is likely to be at the top of the list alongside Canterbury star Matt Burton.
Doueihi’s contract mirrors that of Munster - he is off contract at the end of next season. The lure of Melbourne might be too much to resist for Doueihi given how tempted he was to join the club when the offer of a loan came up a few weeks ago.

The Tigers ultimately prevented Doueihi helping Melbourne in the lead-up to the finals - David Nofoaluma joined the Storm instead.
Spot on mate. I feel like the guts is being eaten out of our side.
It would be ok if we had a complete change of guard, player wise, but thats not happening so far.
Adam is one of the few players that is quality in the making.
I've been critical of his defense lately but I'm confident that if our backline settles down he can deliver.
On his night he is a good goal kicker and his bombs are a work in progress even though he over does them in games.
AD and Hastings are our immediate future. Got to keep them.

Back