Adam Doueihi #227

Like all players, they all need the right cattle around them. AD return saw us being competitive, LB JM & JH had all year and done nothing.The only thing I can say is our form dropped after the JH injury. Doueihi has no one to work with at current, can’t blame him.👍

That excuse never flies for Brooks - Why does it work for AD?

Like all players, they all need the right cattle around them. AD return saw us being competitive, LB JM & JH had all year and done nothing.The only thing I can say is our form dropped after the JH injury. Doueihi has no one to work with at current, can’t blame him.👍
I dont think you can expect much of anything from someone coming back from a reco, i think after next preseason we will see the real AD and if we will cut it in the 6
You are both right - he has come off an injury and isn't behind a performing pack. His powerhouse running that is related to the injury aren't his major issues though.

Too often he either does not release the ball quickly enough to enable his outside players or he tucks it under his army and tries to break the tackle. His kicking game is average apart from the floating bomb which he can do but doesn't have much control over. He is clearly working on his defence but it is still not up to FG 5/8 standards.

These are basic skills that are not injury related. Can they be learn't sure - and he has an off season to do so. That is the only reason I'm not ready to write him off yet. Without Hastings directing play and giving him some space things appear too quick for him to react. He needs some one on one coaching to bring him up to speed.

Personally, I don't think he knows his deficiencies (going by his "demand" to play 6). Unfortunately for AD his skill set does not match the position requirements or his own opinion of his capability. Until he has had the hard discussion and fixes the technical deficiencies he will remain a wannabe. Can he be developed? Sure there is potential, but we could also buy a 5/8 and leave him in the centres!

Unless there are significant rule changes and the game moves to NFL style offensive and defensive players, AD has a lot of work to do.

I will forgive the clunky attack and poor kicks as part of the comeback from a knee reconstruction, but his defence has been continually atrocious. Bad one on one misses and doesn’t use the shoulder

That's crap....
He's had plenty of Poor games, Also had plenty of great games...

They just seem harder to remember for most here.
I agree with the guy you’re arguing with. Effort is always there’s from LB, it’s the confidence and execution that lets him down. Playing backfoot football is often part of the issue.

Unless there are significant rule changes and the game moves to NFL style offensive and defensive players, AD has a lot of work to do.

I will forgive the clunky attack and poor kicks as part of the comeback from a knee reconstruction, but his defence has been continually atrocious. Bad one on one misses and doesn’t use the shoulder
I’ll keep banging on - Our halves will continue to look substandard until we find a forward pack who can create time/space/momentum. Nothing harder than being a jockey behind a beaten pack. Name me a half who stands out behind a crap pack.

The defensive issues AD has would be magnified at FB.He would be the worst possible option imho
With the number of line breaks currently, you might be right. Laurie’s worth a shit load of points each week just by saving so many tries, but Doueihi looks lost in the defensive line. And if he wants to play in the halves he’s got to be much better. He might be better at tackling one on one in open play? Didn’t he used to be a full back?

Been thinking - what right does AD have to tell them club to play him at 6? Surely only an origin and international stalwart like Munster could do that. The guy has never even been considered for origin, demands we give him what he wants and then dishes up 3/10 performances in back to back weeks.

This sort of thing is why the club sucks. Imagine trying something like that with Robinson, Bellamy or Wayne as coach. Would never fly.

Been thinking - what right does AD have to tell them club to play him at 6? Surely only an origin and international stalwart like Munster could do that. The guy has never even been considered for origin, demands we give him what he wants and then dishes up 3/10 performances in back to back weeks.

This sort of thing is why the club sucks. Imagine trying something like that with Robinson, Bellamy or Wayne as coach. Would never fly.
The difference is , my personal opinion, he can back up his word. I love that attitude. I wish more players in our team put their hands up and do the same. It shows maturity and belief.
or we
get rid of the scum bag ?

Back