Adam Doueihi #227

I would keep doueihi because he's the best attacking 5/8 we have.

He is our best running 6 but clearly our our second best 6. Brooks is a much better all round player.

I'd keep him as well but he is massively overpaid and appears to be looking to sign post November which sounds like someone wants a contract upgrade.

He isn't worth retaining on the current dollars he is on. I'd offer him and Brooks a maximum of 500k each and only for a couple of seasons.

These are the tough decisions that we have to get right. We can't be played by player managers.

Eat a fat one Bogan!

Forum leader my expletive deleted!!

Give yourself a ban for personal abuse dunce!!

View attachment 2358
Not a mod anymore ya dud.

Personal abuse would also include calling someone a [This word has been automatically removed]wit I'd imagine, I suppose the Pinot Noir has impaired your cognitive abilities.

Last edited:
He is our best running 6 but clearly our our second best 6. Brooks is a much better all round player.

I'd keep him as well but he is massively overpaid and appears to be looking to sign post November which sounds like someone wants a contract upgrade.

He isn't worth retaining on the current dollars he is on. I'd offer him and Brooks a maximum of 500k each and only for a couple of seasons.

These are the tough decisions that we have to get right. We can't be played by player managers.
Why offer him anything if he just not good enough. We probably did not enter the race for Hynes because we had Douehi. What a mistake that was. Let him go and compete for someone that can play 5/8.

Can agree with most of it, but an experienced first grade half is getting more than half a million a season.

I would put the pressure on Adam , sign now , we are not prepared to wait until World Cup is over , it’s on our terms and if you want to be hear then get it done , it’s bullshit they need to wait

Why offer him anything if he just not good enough. We probably did not enter the race for Hynes because we had Douehi. What a mistake that was. Let him go and compete for someone that can play 5/8.

There are a couple of reasons to retain Doueihi:-

1. He is a great runner of the footy with some skill and he may end up a quality edge backrower.
2. Have him as a stop gap measure at 6 until we can recruit or develop a 6.

If we are to persist with him there should be an honesty session which will probably result in him leaving anyway. You have to tell him you aren't performing in the halves and don't appear to have the ability plus your defense is a massive liability.

I can't see us getting a new 6 right now but your point is valid. This is where we need Shines and co to make the right decision. I know that the wrong decision is signing him up on a long term contract on good dollars.

For gods sake no. Sooks like him are part of the problem. Let him go.

Who says he is a sook in a bad way. I mean getting upset over his performance to me is acceptable.

I think letting him go may be the best decision for us. We definitely shouldn't be making him a priority signing.

I'm getting more and more concerned though about Shines and co getting this team back on track.

Let Douhie go and tell Brooks it is 500k take or leave with the long player discount that drops to around 300k or 350k on our salary cap.
Sign Hastings at worst he plays 7 if we can't find a 6
We should have with douhie gone and Brooks reduced salary 1.2 million to spend, go buy Dylan Brown or Moses or Munster
13. Hastings
7. Brooks
6. Brown
or
13. Hastings
7. Moses
6. Brooks
or
7. Hastings
6. Brooks
go find a 13
or
13. Hastings
7. Brooks
6. Munster

There are a couple of reasons to retain Doueihi:-

1. He is a great runner of the footy with some skill and he may end up a quality edge backrower.
2. Have him as a stop gap measure at 6 until we can recruit or develop a 6.

If we are to persist with him there should be an honesty session which will probably result in him leaving anyway. You have to tell him you aren't performing in the halves and don't appear to have the ability plus your defense is a massive liability.

I can't see us getting a new 6 right now but your point is valid. This is where we need Shines and co to make the right decision. I know that the wrong decision is signing him up on a long term contract on good dollars.
This is the club that has persisted with Brooks for all these years, just because.....

I don't think they have the strength to make these tough calls.

He'll likely be given the keys, a decent contract and a guarantee of starting 6.

We don't have to like it, but it's how it is.... basing on history of the club & its ineptitude.

Brooks should go to England, the Tigers are the only club willing to pay the inflated dollars his manager wants and he's not worth it, even if we had a superstar pack he just doesn't get what's required of a half back in the NRL, a very fit individual and not lacking in courage but as a game reader is poor, I don't think Hastings will stay if he has to guide Brooks and Doueihi around the park every game. Both are on big dollars and seemingly with no responsibility because they would never be dropped. Last night's fiasco would have happened even if we had our best 17 available, the Rorters outgunned us in almost every position and that's including those not available.
Next year we get to destroy the careers of 2 really good players because the club can't or won't give them decent back up.
Hastings is our best and he wouldn't run on in the top sides, we have 30 bench players and each week 13 of them have to run on.
At least Oliver Gildart didn't score

Let Douhie go and tell Brooks it is 500k take or leave with the long player discount that drops to around 300k or 350k on our salary cap.
Sign Hastings at worst he plays 7 if we can't find a 6
We should have with douhie gone and Brooks reduced salary 1.2 million to spend, go buy Dylan Brown or Moses or Munster
13. Hastings
7. Brooks
6. Brown
or
13. Hastings
7. Moses
6. Brooks
or
7. Hastings
6. Brooks
go find a 13
It's not fantasy football mate...