Adam Doueihi #227

Besides which he obviously doesn't regard him as a halfback if he's looking to buy a replacement already.

Surely no one is viewing Brooks as the answer at 7 anymore. It's about who is the best 6 for the team.

The stats appear pretty clear cut that Doueihi is better.

I think the issue is contract cost. I know this doesn't sound right but it's not the current contract that is the issue but the next contract.

Last edited:
Surely no one is viewing Brooks as the answer at 7 anymore. It's about who is the best 6 for the team.

The stats appear pretty clear cut that Doueihi is better.

I think the issue is contract cost. I know this doesn't sound right bu it's not the current contract that is the issue but the next contract.
Not according to Marshall or Sheens.

Not according to Marshall or Sheens.

I'm not sure about this. I think Sheens tried to get Doueihi and Hastings to re-sign with us but then balked at the contract costs.

I accept that I've also heard Sheens talk about speed in your position as well.

aahh yes statistics ....
Brooks has won Dally M halfback of the year
Don't believe Douhie has...
Let's see if Brooks can do a restructured deal like Lawrence did if he can do that then his money can be spent on other players e.g. Moses
[This word has been automatically removed] me dead is that all people have to say "but but Brooks won dally M" so did Ben Barba in 2012 & what happened to him shortly after? anyone can have one good season which is what Brooks did, but has he backed it up since? no he hasn't. The past 4 years & majority of his career has been a resounding failure failing to lead our team to any sort of finals football.

Also I just want to point out the way the Dally M works Brooks getting halfback of the year doesn't necessarily mean he was the best halfback that season. It means he was the best player in a team where there were no other standouts so he was constantly getting the 3 points every week.

I'm not sure about this. I think Sheens tried to get Doueihi and Hastings to re-sign with us but then balked at the contract costs.

Earl Sheens wanted Hastings as a 13 not a 7, if he had wanted Hastings as a 7 he would likely still be at wests tigers.

Marshall determines who stays or goes for contracts extending into 2025.

Brooks will have to accept a revised contract to stay and play in the halves.

Moses will be the other half if he signs.

Doueihi will play another position if he stays and accept less $.

[This word has been automatically removed] me dead is that all people have to say "but but Brooks won dally M" so did Ben Barba in 2012 & what happened to him shortly after? anyone can have one good season which is what Brooks did, but has he backed it up since? no he hasn't. The past 4 years & majority of his career has been a resounding failure failing to lead our team to any sort of finals football.

Yup. BuT NeXt YeAr BrOoKs WiLl be GoOd.

Back