Adam Doueihi #227

Why is it seen as arrogant & cocky for a player to say he aspires to be captain? captain of a club where he was a local junior & a club he clearly has love for? If in my job I said I want to be a Manager because I aspire to be one & feel like I have decent leadership qualities is that arrogant/cocky?
I think there are very few people who think Douehi is arrogant for wanting to be club captain.

Why is it seen as arrogant & cocky for a player to say he aspires to be captain? captain of a club where he was a local junior & a club he clearly has love for?

I don't mind it. I think comparing him to Munster is a bit of a stretch though.

If in my job I said I want to be a Manager because I aspire to be one & feel like I have decent leadership qualities is that arrogant/cocky?

I'm not sure. It depends. It might be a bunch of things - delusional, nerdy, weird. I think it's a funny thing to say.

I'm nearly 50 so I'm old and cynical. I saw a little video of Andrew Tate today and he was telling people how to get out of the matrix and he was driving a sports car with fancy clothes. To me that is someone who has bought into the matrix massively. It's a bizarre world to me.

Sleeve has repeatedly harped on about
how Doueihi has an 'ego' and he's a 'ball
hog' and that he's 'greedy'. The guy has
an inherent hate for him. I wouldn't bother
with his commentary on this matter.
TBH it's become a bit draining, at least
Paws & Earl who are a bit bias in their own right have given some level headed analysis on Doueihi and the captaincy situation haha. Interesting next few weeks
I don't hate AD, i just don't think he is a 5/8. And yes he does hog the ball. And yes he has an ego, and so does Mitchell, and Munster and others, but at least they have performances to back it up''.
You should read your own biased posts, !

Our Captain has to have a few qualities:
  • Puts his mates before himself - every time and in every situation. This is the key to the second quality.
  • Leads by example on the field. On field performance is about attitude. Doing the 1% that inspires action in others. Sets the standard for the team. Leaves nothing in the tank and never has to wonder - what if.
  • Courage - the courage to take the shit carry is one thing, but I'm talking about the courage to pull your best mate up. The courage to stand up to Sheens and Benji if need be.
  • Finally he must understand that the things he lets go is that standard that he accepts - not just for himself but for the whole team. If he walks past a mate not doing the right thing he has to pull him up and show him how to do it right. This starts at training and is demonstrated on the field. He doesn't have to be a tyrant; good leaders aren't. He needs to have empathy and be willing to nurture but also inspire.
I'm not a fan of AD for captain - but arrogance has nothing to do with it (for what it is worth). I wish I had better insight into what goes on behind the scenes and how much respect (or not) the playing group has for AD. I am happy that AD has put his aspirations out there, but we (the great unwashed) can really only base our opinions from what we see. In AD I see some fundamental flaws that he needs to address before he could realistically be considered captain material.

The most glaring of the flaws is his consistency. Unless he has improved drastically over the off season he fades in and out of games too often. When he is on he can be great. But for me - simply too hot and cold. This goes for attack and "defence" (which at times has been deplorable). This is an attitude related issue. Attitude sets standards and the captain can expect no more from the players he leads than the standard he sets.

Based on what I have seen (and we can really only go on last season) the candidates that jump off the page are Joffa and Klem - one of them is a ring-in and Sheens has all but ruled that option out. My support is behind Joffa.

Don't get me wrong AD has potential - but the same things that let him down as a 5/8 in my mind let him down as Captain material. If he has worked hard on his deficiencies, and he sets the standard this year I'm all for it for 24. I don't think he has the runs on the board for 23 though.

As for Munster - a grub with a great football brain - not captain material in my book. Although his 2022 season was less grubby than previous years. Maybe, like AD, there is hope!

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Last edited:
I think there are very few people who think Douehi is arrogant for wanting to be club captain.

The vocal minority thankfully. They
don't like his haircut or ethnic back
ground im beginning to think haha

I don't hate AD, i just don't think he is a 5/8. And yes he does hog the ball. And yes he has an ego, and so does Mitchell, and Munster and others, but at least they have performances to back it up''.
You should read your own biased posts, !

We all have hold certain biases,
this is true. It's all good though imo
we all go for the same team and one
thing we can agree on is wanting us
to do well & team winning games bro

• Puts his mates before himself - every time and in every situation. This is the key to the second quality.
  • Leads by example on the field. On field performance is about attitude. Doing the 1% that inspires action in others. Sets the standard for the team. Leaves nothing in the tank and never has to wondering - what if.
  • Courage - the courage to take the shit carry is one thing, but I'm talking about the courage to pull your best mate up. The courage to stand up to Sheens and Benji if need be.
  • Finally he must understand that the things he lets go is that standard that he accepts - not just for himself but for the whole team. If he walks past a mate not doing the right thing he has to pull him up and show him how to do it right. This starts at training and demonstrated on the field. He doesn't have to be a tyrant; good leaders aren't. He needs to have empathy and be willing to nurture but also inspire.
I'm not a fan of AD for captain - but arrogance has nothing to do with it (for what it is worth). I wish I had better insight into what goes on behind the scenes and how much respect (or not) the playing group has for AD. I am happy that AD has put his aspirations out there, but we (the great unwashed) can really only base our opinions from what we see. In AD I see some fundamental flaws that he needs to address before he could realistically be considered captain material.

The most glaring of the flaws is his consistency. Unless he has improved drastically over the off season he fades in and out of games too often. When he is on he can be great. But for me - simply too hot and cold. This goes for attack and "defence" (which at times has been deplorable). This is an attitude related issue. Attitude sets standards and the captain can expect no more from the players he leads than the standard he sets.

Based on what I have seen (and we can really only go on last season) the candidates that jump off the page are Joffa and Klem - one of them is a ring-in and Sheens has all but ruled that option out. My support is behind Joffa.

Don't get me wrong AD has potential - but the same things that let him down as a 5/8 in my mind let him down as Captain material. If he has worked hard on his deficiencies, and he sets the standard this year I'm all for it for 24. I don't think he has the runs on the board for 23 though.

As for Munster - a grub with a great football brain - not captain material in my book. Although his 2022 season was less grubby than previous years. Maybe, like AD, there is hope!

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Agree with your captaincy points Jols
We should find out soon who will be
our captain. I'll be backing who
ever the coach picks regardless

• Leads by example on the field. On field performance is about attitude. Doing the 1% that inspires action in others. Sets the standard for the team. Leaves nothing in the tank and never has to wonder - what if.
  • Finally he must understand that the things he lets go is that standard that he accepts - not just for himself but for the whole team. If he walks past a mate not doing the right thing he has to pull him up and show him how to do it right. This starts at training and demonstrated on the field. He doesn't have to be a tyrant; good leaders aren't. He needs to have empathy and be willing to nurture but also inspire.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
For 2023...J'Offa would make a good captain.

I don't mind it. I think comparing him to Munster is a bit of a stretch though.

I'm not sure. It depends. It might be a bunch of things - delusional, nerdy, weird. I think it's a funny thing to say.

I'm nearly 50 so I'm old and cynical. I saw a little video of Andrew Tate today and he was telling people how to get out of the matrix and he was driving a sports car with fancy clothes. To me that is someone who has bought into the matrix massively. It's a bizarre world to me.
#FreeAndrewTate

• Finally he must understand that the things he lets go is that standard that he accepts - not just for himself but for the whole team. If he walks past a mate not doing the right thing he has to pull him up and show him how to do it right. This starts at training and is demonstrated on the field. He doesn't have to be a tyrant; good leaders aren't. He needs to have empathy and be willing to nurture but also inspire.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
Good post. A lot of thought has gone into it.

Sleeve has repeatedly harped on about
how Doueihi has an 'ego' and he's a 'ball
hog' and that he's 'greedy'. The guy has
an inherent hate for him. I wouldn't bother
with his commentary on this matter.
TBH it's become a bit draining, at least
Paws & Earl who are a bit bias in their own right have given some level headed analysis on Doueihi and the captaincy situation haha. Interesting next few weeks
Sleeve is pretty even handed when it comes to our halves. He is also pretty positive about matters which is refreshing.

The coaches are in the best position to determine who the captain should be. No doubt who ever they give the job to will be for good reason, and some fans will think it's a good choice and others wont.

I have no issue in WTs improving its team. Players have to come from some management company. I am pleased a player manager is willing to direct his clients to our club.

I have massive issues with dealing with someone who has a history of showing a lack of ethics in his business dealings and who is then trying to do something unethical again.

difference is they might restructure Brooks deal and spread it out over 23 24 25

I don't see the point in not paying the purported back ended amount this season to get it out of the way. Unless of course there is a need for creating 2023 cap space for a big buy.

The vocal minority thankfully. They
don't like his haircut or ethnic back
ground im beginning to think haha

We all have hold certain biases,
this is true. It's all good though imo
we all go for the same team and one
thing we can agree on is wanting us
to do well & team winning games bro
I don't know if the ethnic background was aimed at me, but i assure you that is not the case. I love Demps support of the Lebanese community, and have had friendly digs at him over time. I have and still do,have Lebs, Indians, Italians Maltese as friends, and my fishing mate Lenny is indigenous.
This ethnic thing, i hope mostly died out 50 yrs ago
The forum is about who we think will get the Tigers to the top, and who will not.
We agree to disagree constantly. Alls good mate!

Latest posts

Members online

Back