OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

Maybe AD and BM know Bula leaving and he may return to Full back next season.
Only guessing though?
This kinda makes some sense.

If Bula leaves we have:

Ad, Luai and Latu Fainu floating around with a spare Madden.

I don't see AD shifting from halfback, but it's a possibility.

Likewise is shifting Fainu into fullback. Particularly as he is a developing playmaker and giving him time at Fullback will develop his playing skills. So if there is a plan to move Bula on, I suspect it would be to put a younger Fainu at Fullback and let AD/Madden stay in the fulltime squad. AD at 7, Madden 14.
 
St George would be one team looking for a half, Perth, PNG
Latu's manager.would.be stupid not to listen to offers, like katoa he had to move from pe rith system to dolphins to get a run at 7.
I get latu wants to play with his brothers however if his path to 7 is blocked he would likely look end of 2027 so coke november 2026 he cant start fielding offers.
if he does get fit (made.of glass it seems) i reckon St George will get desperate for a signing and make a good play for Latu
 
St George would be one team looking for a half, Perth, PNG
Latu's manager.would.be stupid not to listen to offers, like katoa he had to move from pe rith system to dolphins to get a run at 7.
I get latu wants to play with his brothers however if his path to 7 is blocked he would likely look end of 2027 so coke november 2026 he cant start fielding offers.
if he does get fit (made.of glass it seems) i reckon St George will get desperate for a signing and make a good play for Latu
Nope, St George are not looking for a half...

Shane Flanagan is not looking past Kyle. There is Zero chance of the Dragons signing Kyle F, maybe AD but really that was just tire pumping.

As people are saying in the Bula thread.. Latu or ad may be moved to Fullback. Suddenly everyone fits if Bula is gone.
 
I think AD demonstrated on the weekend that he has addressed many of his defensive issues - including his ability to not fade in and out of the game.
I think he demonstrated last year he has improved many of his defensive issues.
I don't think he demonstrated anything on the weekend other than he is capable of playing the odd game of footy at a high level, which we already knew.
Can he lead the team around when we are losing the ruck?
Can he change games with his kicking?
Can he isolate a defender for a lead runner?
Does he know how to run one play to set up for the next?

His ball running and effort in attack is elite as seen by his try and his return from in goal which lead to another. But again we already knew that. I'm not sure he actually answered any questions regarding other aspects of his game.
 
Nope, St George are not looking for a half...

Shane Flanagan is not looking past Kyle. There is Zero chance of the Dragons signing Kyle F, maybe AD but really that was just tire pumping.

As people are saying in the Bula thread.. Latu or ad may be moved to Fullback. Suddenly everyone fits if Bula is gone.
latu is not a fullback he is a 7 or 6 st george will make a play Anderson and saints will force flanno's habd re kyle
 
I think he demonstrated last year he has improved many of his defensive issues.
I don't think he demonstrated anything on the weekend other than he is capable of playing the odd game of footy at a high level, which we already knew.
Can he lead the team around when we are losing the ruck?
Can he change games with his kicking?
Can he isolate a defender for a lead runner?
Does he know how to run one play to set up for the next?

His ball running and effort in attack is elite as seen by his try and his return from in goal which lead to another. But again we already knew that. I'm not sure he actually answered any questions regarding other aspects of his game.
I think he answered a lot of questions defensively. Really had a go.
 
I think he demonstrated last year he has improved many of his defensive issues.
I don't think he demonstrated anything on the weekend other than he is capable of playing the odd game of footy at a high level, which we already knew.
Can he lead the team around when we are losing the ruck?
Can he change games with his kicking?
Can he isolate a defender for a lead runner?
Does he know how to run one play to set up for the next?

His ball running and effort in attack is elite as seen by his try and his return from in goal which lead to another. But again we already knew that. I'm not sure he actually answered any questions regarding other aspects of his game.
I think you took the comment in isolation without reading the post it was related to. I had commented just prior to this on his average to just above average kicking game for an NRL half. One of the poddy guys labelled his kicking game as outstanding - clearly it wasn't at that level.

I am very much in the wait and see with AD and argued that he should have been transitioned over the off season to 13. Benji and his team don't see it that way though and it is hard to argue based on the team's performance on the weekend.

The questions you have posed are similar to some that I still have - although the biggest change for AD, and it has been my problem with him as a player in general, is his ability to remain engaged in the game, on both sides of the pill. I am hopeful, and given that Benji appears to be all in on AD as a 7 at present, I trust that he changes my opinion completely. At the moment I am still on the fence.
 
I think you took the comment in isolation without reading the post it was related to. I had commented just prior to this on his average to just above average kicking game for an NRL half. One of the poddy guys labelled his kicking game as outstanding - clearly it wasn't at that level.

I am very much in the wait and see with AD and argued that he should have been transitioned over the off season to 13. Benji and his team don't see it that way though and it is hard to argue based on the team's performance on the weekend.

The questions you have posed are similar to some that I still have - although the biggest change for AD, and it has been my problem with him as a player in general, is his ability to remain engaged in the game, on both sides of the pill. I am hopeful, and given that Benji appears to be all in on AD as a 7 at present, I trust that he changes my opinion completely. At the moment I am still on the fence.
Probably did take it in isolation, sorry mate. When I've not logged on for a bit I usually skip forward a few pages at a time so didn't see any lead up conversation.
My point more was (again sorry if already discussed) I think his defence last year was very good by anyone's standards, exceptional by his standards historically.
So I don't think he answered any questions on the weekend. Maybe will be continue to defend well? But that is an ongoing question, not answered after one game.
 
I think you took the comment in isolation without reading the post it was related to. I had commented just prior to this on his average to just above average kicking game for an NRL half. One of the poddy guys labelled his kicking game as outstanding - clearly it wasn't at that level.

I am very much in the wait and see with AD and argued that he should have been transitioned over the off season to 13. Benji and his team don't see it that way though and it is hard to argue based on the team's performance on the weekend.

The questions you have posed are similar to some that I still have - although the biggest change for AD, and it has been my problem with him as a player in general, is his ability to remain engaged in the game, on both sides of the pill. I am hopeful, and given that Benji appears to be all in on AD as a 7 at present, I trust that he changes my opinion completely. At the moment I am still on the fence.

I think Ad's kicking game is average at best and will come under huge scrutiny against the top team when we have little momentum. He is too rushed too often for liking.
 
Obviously love that Tigers are saying tightness for Doueihi, but far out everything else didn’t look great. Started the game with no compression, then got compression on it before half time, obviously could barely walk at full time and was grabbing high up on the hammy which is typically worse for recovery time. Hoping he somehow avoided a strain but not counting on it

- @nrlphysio
 

Latest posts

Back
Top