OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

Doueihi extends stay with Tigers until 2029​


Author Wests Tigers
Timestamp Fri 13 Mar 2026, 10:30 AM

The Wests Tigers are thrilled to confirm that Adam Doueihi has extended his contract with the Club through to the end of 2029 NRL season.

Doueihi – who signed a two-year deal in August 2025 – extends his stay at Concord for a further two years, which will see the 27-year-old amass a decade of service to his boyhood club by the end of his contract.

The Lebanese international has a strong connection to the Wests Tigers, having played his junior footy for the Balmain Tigers.

Doueihi has played in a variety of backline positions throughout his career, most recently settling into halfback ahead of the 2026 season, building important combinations across the spine throughout pre-season.

In 2025, the Balmain junior was influential in several key moments for the Tigers across a variety of positions, no more so than when he assumed the role of halfback towards the end of the regular season.

The announcement of Doueihi’s extension comes on the eve of the Tigers first game of the 2026 campaign, as they host the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval.
doueihi_a_winning_field_goal_celebration_2plp6603.jpg
Doueihi said he was thrilled to have secured his future at the Tigers.

“I’m really excited to be locked in with the Tigers for the next four seasons. It’s a special place for me and my family. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be,” Doueihi said.

We're building something special here amongst this group and I’m looking forward to ripping in this year and putting all our hard work into practice.

Adam Doueihi

“I’m loving playing alongside Romey in the halves and working with Benji. We’re in a great position as a group to continue growing and improving.

“I’m grateful to Benji and the Club for the faith they’ve shown in me over the last few years, I’m looking forward to repaying that on the field.”
dsc_3328_2.jpg

Marshall welcomed the confirmation of Doueihi’s extension.

“Really happy for the Club that we get to extend Adam until the end of 2029,” Marshall said.

“It’s a credit to Adam’s character and work ethic to bounce back from injuries and put himself in a position to sign an extension with us.

Not only do we value what Adam brings us on the field, his leadership and influence off it are just as important.

Benji Marshall NRL Head Coach

“We're so pleased to have Adam and his amazing family stay on with us.”
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2026/03/13/doueihi-extends-stay-with-tigers-until-2029/
 
Yeah, Latu is concerning especially if this season is plagued with injury again, is he going to be one of those players that spends most of his career in rehab.

Then what is the club to do, they have his brothers to keep happy this can be the drawback, but you can't overpay for a player that's hardly on the park.
I’m worried Latu may be another Toa.
Even his Mum said he was injury prone.
But I hope he fully recovers and delivers.
 
No idea why this was necessary.

I like him as a player but you don’t sign people coming off 3 ACL injuries on long term contracts.
I wonder if say for instance he has a 4th ACL and that's the end of his playing career, will insurance cover him or will it be on our cap considering he has that previous injury history.

Any experts in this area out there.

Incidentally I wish him the best and hope it doesn't happen even though I have been critical of a couple of his contract extensions in the past, I currently have nothing but admiration for his resilience and determination.
 
Maybe AD and BM know Bula leaving and he may return to Full back next season.
Only guessing though?


That's the sour patch I use to laugh my ass off when the guy hit the board and falls and then the sour patch comes out from behind the bush holding a band-aid

Hay we have AD but lost Bula


 
I wouldn't have made the decision to add another couple of seasons to the recent 2 year extension until much later in year, but it's done, so I hope that we get a lot more than the 50% odd availability for selection at WT over previous years.
 
Im a fan of the latest low hanging fruit signings of late ,length of terms not so much .
Helps to give a clear view ,if a future top liner, and we have many about to blossom, itch about an extra 50 thou
 
I think Latu has his work cut out for him if hes any chance of replacing AD at 7.. atleast in the next 2 years.. Latu doesnt lead the team around the park the way Douhei does. Maybe its just his age and lack of confidence to tell older more mature players what to do ..
 
I think Latu has his work cut out for him if hes any chance of replacing AD at 7.. atleast in the next 2 years.. Latu doesnt lead the team around the park the way Douhei does. Maybe its just his age and lack of confidence to tell older more mature players what to do ..
Think Latu needs to worry about stringing together 6 months of football. If he can he could be anything, ceiling is significantly higher than Doueihi
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top