OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

@Needaname said in [Doueihi](/post/1224797) said:
^ was wondering the same thing re: Doueihi as a goal kicker.
More than the performance which was pretty exceptional.
What motivated the change?
Why was Doueihi 1st choice kicker last night?
A role that you would think a whole off season required to perfect and within a week they make a change and Doueihi hits them like he was kicking all year.
Anyone got any info regarding this?

Doueihi admitted on CH9 that he was pretty lucky with the kicks. Hasnt been doing much kicking because of niggling leg injuries, just did it as Mbye said he was feeling a bit tight. When asked about the final kick he said he was nervous as he had a very similar one against the dogs last season to win in the exact same spot and missed it.
 
The intro to his interview said he'd only kicked 17 goals in his NRL career. He said he hasn't really kicked much at all in the past month because of niggles. Get him practicing and lock him in.
 
@willow said in [Doueihi](/post/1224322) said:
He certainly looked more dangerous with the ball in the centres. **He's an interesting player because he's easily our best under the high ball, and has made plenty of kick return metres, but lacks the outright speed to be a constant threat at fullback**. His build and running style is more suited to the centres but I think he could make a go of it at 6.

It's obvious that Reynolds is on the outer and with Benji gone next year, there's an opportunity for Doueihi at 6 - I think we have enough centres on the books that we'll see him at 6 next season.

Doueihi's goal kicking got us the win in the end and that's an area of his game that most of us wouldn't have realised existed.

I agree on your assessment of Doueihi. He does some things really well, but other parts of his game are lacking to consider him invaluable to the team. Defence is still not up to scratch and assuming he is not injured, speed needs work.

His height is certainly an asset and Madge is obviously trying to use that. The question remains whether the height is best used in attack as a centre or in defence as a fullback. His speed and defensive issues worry me at centre though.

I'm not sure I've seen anything that qualifies him to play 6 in the team though.
 
@weststigers said in [Doueihi](/post/1224819) said:
@willow said in [Doueihi](/post/1224322) said:
He certainly looked more dangerous with the ball in the centres. **He's an interesting player because he's easily our best under the high ball, and has made plenty of kick return metres, but lacks the outright speed to be a constant threat at fullback**. His build and running style is more suited to the centres but I think he could make a go of it at 6.

It's obvious that Reynolds is on the outer and with Benji gone next year, there's an opportunity for Doueihi at 6 - I think we have enough centres on the books that we'll see him at 6 next season.

Doueihi's goal kicking got us the win in the end and that's an area of his game that most of us wouldn't have realised existed.

I agree on your assessment of Doueihi. He does some things really well, but other parts of his game are lacking to consider him invaluable to the team. Defence is still not up to scratch and assuming he is not injured, speed needs work.

His height is certainly an asset and Madge is obviously trying to use that. The question remains whether the height is best used in attack as a centre or in defence as a fullback. His speed and defensive issues worry me at centre though.

I'm not sure I've seen anything that qualifies him to play 6 in the team though.

Very good post mate.
 
Doueihi has been great the last few games and wanted to congratulate him on his goal kicking..Won it last week for us and kept us in the game tonight.. really like this kid and he looks like he is starting to enjoy playing for us even though we are losing.

Leilua - This guy has impressed me big time for his first full season and playing 80 mins a game. This alone has Madge's fingerprints all over it.. Not many coaches could of turned him around like this so quick and he tries his guts out every game. He covers defence very well and if there is a break in our line he is close by to help shut it down. Another off season and more experienced forwards around him will only help.

Side note - We need to set up a go fund me page for Cameron Smith as he needs to play on so we can have a crack at harry. I know its a pipe dream but he has fitted into our team system so well and with the roster changes Madge is doing he would deep down want to continue with us..
 
If he doesn’t spill that ball , I reckon he would have gone close . I went up early I have to admit . He looked like the try line was coming .
 
@GNR4LIFE said in [Doueihi's Kicking and L Leilua](/post/1229339) said:
Lucy was ok last night, but for the most part has gone missing the last few weeks.

Yup it’s been his first season with long minutes and a lot of games. At times yesterday he was taking hit ups on both sides of the field on the same set. Needs a bit of help out there
 
I have been very happy with Doueihi's involvement. What about when he ran down Gagai! Not sure if he has picked up a bit in pace or if Gagai is getting slower, but it was good to see.
 
'I still like playing five-eighth': Doueihi eyes Benji's jumper
Christian Nicolussi
By Christian Nicolussi
September 14, 2020 — 3.51pm


Adam Doueihi sees himself as a No.6 but might have to wait until next season to get his wish as the Wests Tigers look set to recall Josh Reynolds for this week's clash against Melbourne.

Tigers fans will be split over who should replace the suspended Luke Brooks in the halves alongside Benji Marshall for Saturday's game. Reynolds, Doueihi and even rookie Jock Madden all have supporters.

Madden is no chance of being given a debut against a tough opponent like the Storm, so Reynolds appears the front-runner, despite some club greats last week hoping he would be overlooked for the rest of the year because of his Brookvale Oval walkout.

Doueihi said he would love to play five-eighth after being tried at fullback and, more recently, in the centres.


The 22-year-old was being groomed for Cody Walker's No.6 jersey at South Sydney over the summer until the club decided to re-sign Walker. He was then told to prepare for fullback before they signed Latrell Mitchell.

'I played all my junior footy and under 20s in the halves.'

Adam Doueihi
"I still like playing five-eighth, I played all my junior footy and under 20s in the halves,'' Doueihi said. "Long term, I'd like to see myself there but it's up to 'Madge' [Tigers coach Michael Maguire] where he sees me.

"We've also got Jock Madden coming up. I'm not sure if he's going to get a run [on Saturday] but if Madge gives me the No.6 or No.7 jersey, I'll definitely take it with both hands.''

At one stage last summer, Doueihi was linked to the Storm, only for the powerhouse club to baulk at the huge money he was on at Souths.

The chance to play alongside departing Tigers legend Marshall clearly had appeal.

"He's a freak of a player ... he's just an amazing bloke to play with,'' Doueihi said.

"He's a big leader in this club obviously. We have a young squad and we don't have much experience, for him to be around the boys at training and in the game ... he's a big name, has an aura about him around the club, loves the Tigers and you can see he's still got some footy in him.

"I think it helps [having someone with that aura], especially at our club. We're a young squad, not many boys have played finals footy or many first-grade games, so a big name does help us out.''

As for his first season at the Tigers, Doueihi said: "I'm happy with how I'm travelling. I've had a few niggles with the longer season and no byes this year. Everyone is carrying niggles now so you can't do many extras on the paddock at training, which is a bit disappointing.

"There's stuff I have to work on. It will be a big off-season for me to pick my speed up, get strong in the gym, get my endurance up. I haven't really done a pre-season. I've had surgeries the past few and the World Cup in [2017], so I'm looking forward to a really good pre-season next year and working on some things to fix up my game.''
 
AD centre all the way for me. Talau reserves all the way, if he shows be has improved give him a game again some point.
 
Doueihi is hot and cold at fullback, great under the high ball but his positional play and lack of speed is not an asset.
Centre at present seems to be his ideal position, could transition into a 5/8 but gives us at least a few back up options.

He is also still young and learning the game wants to improve, lets hope we lock down his position next season so he does improve in one role than being shuffled around.
 
I like the thought of doueihi in the halves...but he is a little limited....I feel madden would have more offer.....Grub is a definite no for me...madden,Mbye and doueihi are all better options
 
@WeststigsRdaBest said in [Doueihi](/post/1231322) said:
I like the thought of doueihi in the halves...but he is a little limited....I feel madden would have more offer.....Grub is a definite no for me...madden,Mbye and doueihi are all better options

I think Doueihi can slot into a lot of positions for us but I'd like to see him stay in the centres or at fullback. Mbye and Brooks as our halves. If we get JAC let's see if he can fill the fullback role. If not Doueihi gets it.

Reynolds shouldn't be anywhere near the top team if we are going to be competitive.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top