OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

If we weren't favourites for the spoon before we are now. Club better get moving, all this talk about working towards the future and we look like we will go backwards again next year at this rate
 
On the positive side (not very positive) it does create that room to test out what Hastings can bring to the halves without the problem of what to do with brooks. This way the two of them get a good crack together and hopefully Hastings makes up for Brooks deficits (leadership, footy IQ) and brooks for Hastings (speed, defence). Maybe I’m being too positive. I must admit I was not 100% sold on Douhie at 6 (he’s basically wighton but less athletic and with a poorer kicking game).
 
Hope he has a full recovery with no restriction in movement. We need him back at his best and better.
 
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.
 
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455444) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455433) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for the team.
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

You might be right, he’s definitely a competitor, I just don’t know how he’ll adjust to NRL and I think Taylor might be sensible as a contingency. Putting all our eggs in Hastings/Brook is pretty risky IMO. AD is a huge loss

It's unfortunate for him as he's really stood out this year.

Agree we need to adequately fill Mbye's and Walters' spots.
Don't know what to think - in terms of what's best for the direction of the team anymore, but when our own fanbase are identifying them and perceiving their value in the competition at its lowest position, enough is enough.
The one thing that frustrates me is that until every single member of the organisation (players, coaches, management) are more focused or aligned in achieving our vision/goals, we pretty much stay stagnant.

Is there a list of off contract players on the forum?
I wouldn't have minded a Connor Watson or Chanel Harris Tevita type tbh but seeing as Watson went back to the Roosters and I don't know who else is actually available, maybe Taylor is the only realistic option at this point.

I saw a little old lady run fast to stop her shopping trolley from rolling away at woolies the other day, I think we could sign her up to adequately cover for Mbye next year! ??
 
@diedpretty said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455475) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.

Just like his dad, he was a fair player as well!
 
@tigerneddyk said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455489) said:
@diedpretty said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455475) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.

Just like his dad, he was a fair player as well!

Did we sign his dad?
 
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455494) said:
@tigerneddyk said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455489) said:
@diedpretty said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455475) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.

Just like his dad, he was a fair player as well!

Did we sign his dad?

To replace Mbye? Yeah I would take him! ?
 
@tigerneddyk said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455495) said:
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455494) said:
@tigerneddyk said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455489) said:
@diedpretty said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455475) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.

Just like his dad, he was a fair player as well!

Did we sign his dad?

To replace Mbye? Yeah I would take him! ?

See that it the issue I have with releasing Mbye as I doubt we are going to use the extra cap money it frees up anyway.
 
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455494) said:
@tigerneddyk said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455489) said:
@diedpretty said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455475) said:
@lauren said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455431) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455422) said:
I’d be definitely picking up Ash Taylor now. Hastings is an unknown quantity and if he doesn’t work out we’re stuffed.

**I'm starting to think having a dominant alpha male type player like Hastings could help tilt the scales. IMO he only needs to show he's team driven or goal oriented to be deemed a succesful recruit for us.**
It's nothing against Ash but coming to a club like ours just might not be the best option for him (to get back to his best footy).

That's terrible news for Adam. All the best in recovery.

I agree - if nothing else Hastings has always been a competitor. We need guys in the team that hate to lose. Douehi at the moment is the only one who shows any emotion over losing however he does seem to drift in and out of games whereas Hastings always seems to be in the thick of it.

Just like his dad, he was a fair player as well!

Did we sign his dad?

No ...wanted more money and wanted to join a club with potential ...said his son has lower standards and might sign though
 
ACL reco x2 loading…
Thanks for a great season & all the best with recovery. We all miss you already. You’ll be back better than ever to lead us to the finals next year.
 
the news of Doueihi out for 9 months, coupled with the worst recruitment drive in history has convinced me we are specials for the spoon. can anyone prove me otherwise? feeling rather down at the moment.
 
@cqtiger said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455608) said:
@upthetigers said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1455607) said:
Crikey as if this season couldn't get any worse!

We’re talking next season

That is what makes this worse. Our best player is potentially out all pre-season and maybe some games into next season.
 
I guess the silver lining is now we know Hastings will definitely be in the halves, so he can train their all pre-season, and hopefully him and Brooks can come out firing as a pairing round 1.
 
Back
Top