AFL - EXCITED ABOUT NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
All NSW grand final is a possibility. Will be more interesting than the NRL

@Harvey said:
If you want to talk garbage sports, try sitting through a game of union. One of the most pointless endeavours you could subject yourself to.

Yeah not much of a spectator sport… Was a good game to play though... Probably preferred it to league growing up... Maybe cause I was in a good union team and our league team was average
People going to the golf amuse me.... 10 seconds of "action" then walk for an hour......

Living in the NT its impossible to avoid AFL. When I was a bit younger I played a bit of casual kick around and enjoyed it. Most of my mates played in the local comp. But as a spectator sport it is dull as …..... Almost as pointless and boring as soccer. I don't waste my time on it.

@NJLM78 said:
RL is always my preference but I find the semi finals in AFL have it all over NRL. Massive crowds, huge atmosphere, typically close scores and no teams are favoured over others.

NRL semis have been great this year. Massive atmosphere at the SFS last night. Great to see all those Sharks fans get behind their team. The atmosphere at the Radiers games has been great to. And the Cowboys v Broncos was all time.

This bloke gets it.
100% correct sir!

FMD - I HATE that provincial pretend-sport garbage!!!

It is so shit as a spectacle of athletic prowess!!!

And the way they use - abuse and spit out talented indigenous kids from remote areas to make their crappy game watchable for TV while the corporates make big dollars from their lowest common denominator fanbase is something that went out in the 70s in rugby league!!

I suggest we shut this thread, there are minors on the forum and this topic isn't appropriate

*Melb United.
CORRECT NOW- but my historical reference proves my point!

Sydney Kings are still located in Sydney - while Melbourne lost their Tigers mascot when they merged.

Club location is critical to why MOST people support a team!

Having said that - I understand people do choose totem mascots and use that as their cross-code support justification.

Hence the NFL Bengals, Richmond Tigers and Collingwood Magpies etc crossover supporters on this forum and other social media.

For me as a kid in the Ryde district - we played under the Balmain juniors - so that was my local club in my eyes!

The vast majority of my school peers supported Parra (due to close proximity PLUS their first grade success in the mid 70s-80s) - so the club location was critical to those Parra sheep too!

It wasn't like they were crossover fans from the Enmore Eels!!

CORRECT NOW- but my historical reference proves my point!

Sydney Kings are still located in Sydney - while Melbourne lost their Tigers mascot when they merged.

Club location is critical to why MOST people support a team!

Having said that - I understand people do choose totem mascots and use that as their cross-code support justification.

Hence the NFL Bengals, Richmond Tigers and Collingwood Magpies etc crossover supporters on this forum and other social media.

For me as a kid in the Ryde district - we played under the Balmain juniors - so that was my local club in my eyes!

The vast majority of my school peers supported Parra (due to close proximity PLUS their first grade success in the mid 70s-80s) - so the club location was critical to those Parra sheep too!

It wasn't like they were crossover fans from the Enmore Eels!!

No matter how bleak it gets in tiger town, imagine if you’d gone eels. Gross. Hate even suggesting that.

No matter how bleak it gets in tiger town, imagine if you’d gone eels. Gross. Hate even suggesting that.
A lot of my mates are Parra men as well.
In our time they have seen their mob play 8 grand finals, winning 4 and I’ve seen ours play 3 grand finals winning 1.
They have also seen them secure 3 wooden spoons in that time…I will soon join them on that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back