Am I the only one...

Black_Orange_White

who didn't feel anything after the titans game? Sort of like an exasperated feeling, but not disappointed.

I mean in 06 I felt horrible, I wanted to get another premiership and go back to back :laughing: and wanted to make sure Skandalis got sent off with a real high. Finishing out of the 8 was unacceptable.

07 was even worse. We were 4th midway through the season. 4th! We had the bloody easiest run home and failed to capitalize. We lost to the worst team that season, Newcastle in the last round. I couldn't watch that match. No way.

08 was better, but not by much. We did suck most of the year and it was shameful when Cronulla smashed us at Leichardt. The only positive was Benji's game against the Titans in Round 26.

09 was really bad after the eels game. Basically all my friends were eels supporters. I knew we were gone after that game. No way the results would go our way.

Anyone else?

each year it gets harder to take because we think .. okay, it's been 2, 3, 4 years since we made the finals, it's bound to happen next year.

last night really hit me hard because a team that boasts talent like benji, farah, ellis, moltzen, galloway SHOULD be able to play consistently throughout the year. yes we've had our injuries, but farah played majority of games, benji missed one due to illness, moltzen and ellis missed 2 or 3, KG was out for a while, so we've had our core group of talent there but we still fail to produce results.

but i try and look at the positives … if we came 8th, the 'pressure' (if there is any) on Sheens wouldve been relieved. if we finish out of the 8 im hoping the board can put some of the blame on him and his coaching staff.

no other club would persist with such medocrity in the coaching ranks when they have a squad with the guys mentioned above.

as alex said, way to much talent to miss out on the finals.

i felt alot, i was disgusted that my top man (farah) [This word has been automatically removed]ed 2 games up in a row.

He was trying to win it i understand, but we had 10 minutes.. and he went for the 2 minute play.

and the look on his face afterwards, he knew what he had done.. then came the comedy of errors.

Not the nicest way to bow out of the season.

i'm on the same boat.

I wasn't expecting a win. Last week was our grand final, this week' was more like a late-season trial match. Fun, but means nothing…

I felt empty during the game as well. I should have been pumped but I think most out of us realised we needed to keep winning and the lose to the Eels pretty much ended it.

yeah I had the feeling afater the eels game.. last night it wasnt there I knew we were gone last week that was our grand final then

Its because you are used to the "same old" crap we dish up.

Sad state of affairs when you expect your team to lose all the time.

Walking out of the SFS last week wasn't a good feeling at all I knew we were gone once again, feel depressed, down, slightly empty knowing that for the 4th year in a row since we won the grand final we would once again not play in the semi's..
Didn;'t even bother listening to the game yesterday as to me we blew our season last week..

well after the eels loss, the injury toll, and playing titans at skilled i knew we were at long odds to make the 8.
so while the loss yesterday wasnt really surprising to me, i was still gutted. just gutted. and the disappointment is getting stronger with each passing year, for me anyway.

@farahfan said:
well after the eels loss, the injury toll, and playing titans at skilled i knew we were at long odds to make the 8.
so while the loss yesterday wasnt really surprising to me, i was still gutted. just gutted. and the disappointment is getting stronger with each passing year, for me anyway.

Mate i think even if we played at one of our homes we would of played the same like everyones saying the Boys look stuffed ,The parra game, losing our star winger
its a crying shame because even all the TV commentators wanted to see the Tigers!! get to the finals because they love how we play a very entertaining game..

I felt empty too.

Not as down as previous years, I dont know if its because the boys really did put in this yr, or if it was because we lost the week before, or if it was because we have missed out so many times ive almost grown immune to it, i dont know.

I felt worse after the parra game because of all the injuries, a tight loss, a crucial loss, and maybe even possibly because our family cat died. So the parra game was a horror night and the Titans loss wasnt as bad in a way.

To be honest, I felt relief that I didn't have to go through worrying about next weeks game, and the stress of will we, or wont we!

I wasn't overly concerned because i didn't think we would have done anything in the finals even if we got there. Titans weren't that good and we didn't play that bad. If we had gone into a 1 vs 8 or 2 vs 7 game we'd have our ass kicked.

On the positive side I thought Lui was good and also think we missed Bryce Gibbs on the weekend which is a great thing because there have been times when we wouldn't have missed him at all.

bring on 2010

I Complely agree it was strange after the game not really being gutted, but I think realistically deep down I knew we were gone after the Parra loss. Kudos to the team for hanging in there this season a lot longer than most of us expected, they deserve a lot of credit for the character shown this seasonm something most of us wouldn't be used to. But yeah it was always over after the Parra game. Some good things this year though which makes a change but same old result.

Our season basically ended when Tuiaki got injured. Maybe even when Gallant got injured. We did well to compete after that but we just didn't have enough. Other guys have played injured in these games, knowing that a loss would end the season. The trouble was that if we had made the finals, their injuries would just get worse and worse and we would be blown away in the semis.

Before these injuries, I had confidence we could beat any team going around. With the injuries, we just couldn't compete. I just hope that everyone takes the time to get strong for next year. 2009 has been a fun ride, but I am glad it is over now.

Mind you, we are still playing good footy, and are probably better than a few other teams still in contention. Have a look at what Parra did to Penrith on Friday night, and Penrith could still make it! Manly barely managed to beat Cronulla. St George have lost their last 3 games. If Parra can keep going over the next month, nobody will come as close to beating them as we did…

I had no feeling before, during or after the game. Don't even remember it.

Back