Andrew Fifita

M

macca

Does anybody know how long of a contract this kid has?

Because he is a gun and I don't think he would be out of place in first grade now.

We need to sign him up for a long term deal before somebody else does.

I'm sure both Fafita boys are in the plans…...This crop of 20's is brimming with talent.....McDonnell and Sheens do get some things right....

they both go great ,,, as does young woods…but its a huge step up to first grade....woods work rate is huge for an 18 yo prop...

The Fifita brothers and Woods are all in the WT future plans. Woods as we all know can still play in the 20's next year, and may well start there but he will be promoted to the WT top 30 or 25 I believe. Same goes for the Fifita brothers, who will likely turn out for BRET or Wests and work their way to FG that way. Both boys are big units who stand at around 6"4 and weigh between 108kg and 113kg according to the Tigers website, so with some hard work in the offseason and toughening up in the State Cup, they could possibly work their way onto the bench next year depending on injuries and form etc.

Have been very impressed with Woods and Andrew Fifita however I also agree that a spell in the NSW Cup is on the cards before throwing them into the lions den.
Sheens likes to blood his props not throw them in the deep end.
Be paitent with these guys as they can be the backbone of our pack in years to come.
Sometimes as Fans we are too hasty in sending young talent out into 1st grade when they are cleary not ready.
Remember there is a huge difference between Youth Cup and 1st grade.

Fifita boys owned yesterday.

For any prop I think time with BRET or the Magpies is essential.

From the current U20s I'd promote Lui, Woods, Fifita bro's, Schirnack, Dwyer and Hyland to the top 25 and give em a run in the State Cup.

@alex said:
Fifita boys owned yesterday.

For any prop I think time with BRET or the Magpies is essential.

From the current U20s I'd promote Lui, Woods, Fifita bro's, Schirnack, Dwyer and Hyland to the top 25 and give em a run in the State Cup.

in the second half they did …. but i thought woods was the dominant prop in the first 40 ....

@Bay Runner said:
IMHO i think Wests Tigers need to sign Mullaney from the NYC. He has great support play, he kicks goals and has a bit of ball playing.

I'd have to disagree there, I think he's lucky to hold down his spot in the NYC. He's good and evasive in attack, but he's terrible under the high ball and cleaning up short kicks. He's also the smallest bloke in U20s, I think Gallant probably has 10 kilos on him. If Towney was found out in state cup, Mullaney will really get found out.

All those mentioned have nothing on Al Schirnack, Beetham, Stolk, Pritchard, Farlow and Gower.

I wouldn't call playing in a touch footy competition as a good stepping stone to the NRL.

Unfortunatley the NRL have ruined the natural progression for forwards in our game.

There will always be some backs that get away with playing NRL early but forwards is a different thing.

Even Dwyer who played ok in his first game and didn't offer much in his second should have been behind Gower and Akeripa in calculations.

But the glorified oztag is exciting to watch so it is the undercard

i knew his cousin my brother played with him at enfield federals ,his[andrew] dad john fifita played for st george in the 80s i met him,remember it well because the other guys dad passed away and his mum and mine where good friends he was huge john just hope his boys play for us not elsewhere

His dad had a similar running style. Head up, straight aggressive running that didn't take a backward step.

both the fifita boys have the same running style. they aint twins for nothing. what separates andrew from david is attitude.

Aren't the Fifita boys John's nephews, not his sons?

I think they're also related to former axeman Solomon Haumono.

@Geo. said:
I'm sure both Fafita boys are in the plans…...This crop of 20's is brimming with talent.....McDonnell and Sheens do get some things right....

I think McDonnell cops it unfairly on this forum. Isn't it mostly his job to identify and recruit junior players and young talent? And rather Sheens is the one who goes out and gets the first graders. I might have it wrong. But if not, Warren is doing an outstanding job and most of the blame for first grade recruitment lies with Tim.

Back