Another Quick Forum Update

@lee-s-fedora said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508952) said:
What happened ? One second i made a thread then it went black

Solar flare and/or disturbance in the matrix. You’ll be fine.

Probably.

@pascoes_barber said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508954) said:
@lee-s-fedora said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508952) said:
What happened ? One second i made a thread then it went black

Solar flare and/or disturbance in the matrix. You’ll be fine.

Probably.

Stay on topic please.

One thing I would suggest is having the forum set to private, not a huge deal but might help get a few new members in and only formers can see the content keeping it in house. Thoughts?

I note your @formerguest earlier @Demps and will get back to it, plus as earlier I still believe it was "unwittingly" that this started and got to this stage.

I have read a bit more of this thread just now and it has further reminded me of the vision and words of this week in and around Melbourne.

A group of angry agitators have gotten together with others they have riled up to the point that they have arranged their virtual gallows to execute those that don't allow them free rein and the overall leader has said that it is okay to take out their frustrations whether real, perceived or otherwise.

I don't agree with what has happened and how it has occurred, nor hate any of you individually, but collectively you have been part of a coup to remove two people in @willow and @cochise that have given a lot to this forum. And yes, the former was stricter and as a copper rubbed some up the wrong way, but that was often a two way street and that this has become gang like to remove him is just plain wrong.

@formerguest said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508964) said:
I note your @formerguest earlier @Demps and will get back to it, plus as earlier I still believe it was "unwittingly" that this started and got to this stage.

I have read a bit more of this thread just now and it has further reminded me of the vision and words of this week in and around Melbourne.

A group of angry agitators have gotten together with others they have riled up to the point that they have arranged their virtual gallows to execute those that don't allow them free rein and the overall leader has said that it is okay to take out their frustrations whether real, perceived or otherwise.

I don't agree with what has happened and how it has occurred, nor hate any of you individually, but collectively you have been part of a coup to remove two people in @willow and @cochise that have given a lot to this forum. And yes, the former was stricter and as a copper rubbed some up the wrong way, but that was often a two way street and that this has become gang like to remove him is just plain wrong.

What are you like with tea leaves?

Complex.
I'm sure @Kul can confirm the validity of your theory if you ask him.

Either way, not really in the business of continuing justifying what may or may not be true, no matter how far outlandish and confusing those claims may be.

I'm here for the Tigers... and the brothers.
Always got ya backs.

I wish you would both just PM the other a version of events and split it somewhere down the middle... go from there and repair this place!

This thread would have been only 10 pages if we had the downvote option.
Everyone wants the last word.

Let's have a middle finger option. Upvote, downvote and up yours.
That would leave the grumpy satisfied.

Nominate me for the Nobel Peace Prize.

@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508886) said:
@selena said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508808) said:
@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508805) said:
@selena said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508796) said:
@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508788) said:
@atown said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508755) said:
Jesus, I hate to say it but a lot of you blokes take these forum politics way too seriously.

Is it that complex a thought that people could just come on here and have spirited conversations about all things Tigers?

Also I hate to break some of your bubbles, but 90% of posters barely recognise your username, so your forum ego is kind of pointless.

It may seem to beg to differ , but I personally don’t care . I just straight up feel bad for willow and Cochise and think it was a bad way for them to find out . It’s not about politics but rather they put a lot of effort into this forum . And surely they deserve a bit better go .

My god, they haven’t died…Quit the melodrama, it’s sickening.
Destructive influences have been removed. The forum will thrive now.

Lol ? yea ok mate . There’s no melodrama . Just a few of us who see the effort others put in , and have empathy for thier situation .
It’s kind of hilarious to me . Guys got banned , and now they went on a rampage . Others eg. Myself got banned , and laughed it off , because we knew we were breaking the rules when we did it .

Anyways I can’t wait to read your , any others like you , pearls of wisdom moving forward . Zzzzzz

I didn’t break any rules.
I had a crack at two protected species on here the other night, beat them soundly, then got banned…presumably for embarrassing them?
I can’t find out now because the heroes who banned me have sooked off and ran for the hills.
I must admit it is funny to see the perpetrators of power hungry bullying get their comeuppance and their supporters sulking all day long is the cherry on top.
My popcorn container has got a real workout today ?????????

Ran for the hills? It has been made clear that my contribution is no longer welcome here so I will no longer be posting here. That is what adults do, I won't go running and complaining to higher ups about it, and I won't be showing up on other sites slagging off people here.

Good to hear.
See you later.

@tiger5150 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508914) said:
This is getting ridiculous.

When it all boils down, change is afoot. Im not a fan of it and I think Willow and Cochise were treated shabbily.

This place for me was a forum I've always enjoyed for the discussion of the Tigers and other topics and genuine interesting friendship on the forum. Its changed and is changing further. By the attacks and doxxing etc, its also clear that this place is no longer a place where Im welcome. No doubt Im responsible for a percentage of that, and there is stuff Im not responsible for. The break up is irrelevant, it doesnt matter, this place is what it now is and Im not a part of it.

Ill do you guys a solid and depart a few hours early. Lots of cool people here and I genuinely hope it all turns out good for the forum.

Thanks for the big sign off.
Take care.

By the way, it's only an internet forum, but as I am always an open book I am not ashamed to say that collectively, a lot of you guys here have been associates of sorts and a modern form of friends. I have only met a few in person at a Campbelltown event years ago, but know a little of the lives of many on here, be that location, travels, career, partners and children, illnesses or even a Twitter handle.

Just now before my son went to bed he asked me "what's up dad"? He returns to school tomorrow having spent two weeks suspended because he jumped in and stood up for a couple of boys that were being attacked, so I explained to him that I was upset that something similar was occurring on here. Basically, in a world where many on here meet or date people online, l/we know each other to varying extents, so to see a group gathering over time in this virtual playground now turn into a gang to bully others is upsetting as it parallels to his physical encounter.

The now former Mods don't need me to come to their aid as my son did to his schoolmates that were getting bashed, but I cannot understand why others here felt the need to join together to hound them or others out.

@formerguest said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508999) said:
By the way, it's only an internet forum, but as I am always an open book I am not ashamed to say that collectively, a lot of you guys here have been associates of sorts and a modern form of friends. I have only met a few in person at a Campbelltown event years ago, but know a little of the lives of many on here, be that location, travels, career, partners and children, illnesses or even a Twitter handle.

Just now before my son went to bed he asked me "what's up dad"? He returns to school tomorrow having spent two weeks suspended because he jumped in and stood up for a couple of boys that were being attacked, so I explained to him that I was upset that something similar was occurring on here. Basically, in a world where many on here meet or date people online, l/we know each other to varying extents, so to see a group gathering over time in this virtual playground now turn into a gang to bully others is upsetting as it parallels to his physical encounter.

The now former Mods don't need me to come to their aid as my son did to his schoolmates that were getting bashed, but I cannot understand why others here felt the need to join together to hound them or others out.

I’ll take things that never happened for $100, Alex.

No trying to have the last word...

But it’s been more constructive, at least, for the past couple of hours. Checking out now, wishing La Familia a blessed night

@Kul i would like to nominate for the moderator position.

In terms of skills and experience I have held a long term role as a social media content moderator for the people’s republic of China. If references are required I am sure that Peng Shui will be happy to provide one. She may be difficult to contact, if there are any problems let me know & I am sure that she will post something on support.

The forum will operate under simple rules:
1. The Wests tigers are great and undefeated premiers every year. If this doesn’t occur it is the fault of poor officiating or an NRL conspiracy.
2. No criticism of players or coaches will be tolerated. Our players are the best, if we are not winning see point one.
3. Not withstanding points one & two, Luke Brooks is fair game. It doesn’t matter whether he is playing or not, how he performs and how other players perform The burden of failure is his to carry alone.
4. Justin Pascoe is a style guru, a fashion icon and the games greatest administrator. Any questioning of this will have severe consequences.
5. Tim Sheens is the messiah.

In all seriousness I don’t know what is happening behind the scenes, but if the removal of mods was notified via this post, that is pretty poor form.

The tone of conversation and denigrating of other supporters in this thread does not bode well for ongoing discussions.

I have not been banned, but have had posts deleted in the past. I am curious about what outcomes are being sought with the changes.

@harvey said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509009) said:
@Kul i would like to nominate for the moderator position.

In terms of skills and experience I have held a long term role as a social media content moderator for the people’s republic of China. If references are required I am sure that Peng Shui will be happy to provide one. She may be difficult to contact, if there are any problems let me know & I am sure that she will post something on support.

The forum will operate under simple rules:
1. The Wests tigers are great and undefeated premiers every year. If this doesn’t occur it is the fault of poor officiating or an NRL conspiracy.
2. No criticism of players or coaches will be tolerated. Our players are the best, if we are not winning see point one.
3. Not withstanding points one & two, Luke Brooks is fair game. It doesn’t matter whether he is playing or not, how he performs and how other players perform The burden of failure is his to carry alone.
4. Justin Pascoe is a style guru, a fashion icon and the games greatest administrator. Any questioning of this will have severe consequences.
5. Tim Sheens is the messiah.

Mate we all needed a good laugh after all that today and i think kul would be in stitches as well.

@conepuncher said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508912) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508898) said:
; you don't have to do much to stay in the good books and still offer your opinion.

Isn't this part of the problem that we should have to stay in "good books"? Moderation is not about playing favorites and bringing personal views into it. Moderation should be an impartial role with very little interference, which it has not.

"Good books" may be an inaccurate term. "Stay out of trouble" is better.

It shouldn't be hard to avoid being banned is my point. I don't care who you are and who the moderator is, if you start kicking up a stink and get a warning, and you go on with it, you have to have a long hard look at yourself. And have a think why you have chosen an internet hill to die on.

Latest posts

Back