Another Quick Forum Update

@beejay said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508329) said:
@kul can you let us mods know who has been removed from the mod team and who hasn't. Bit rough if some of us have been shafted without any communication after continuously being mods since the forum was officially linked with the clubs website

Hey Beejay

I never knew the forum was officially linked with the club website. I always thought it was an independent fan forum.

Just wondering what influence does the club have over content? Is there a direction to limit certain discussion that is negative for the club? Does the forum have to maintain a certain family friendly vibe to maintain this affiliation?

This might also explain why someone like the Pom is continually allowed to post despite having a very close link to the club. That’s what they want people to know. I know a previous club insider who use to post and they were told to stop.

Anyway interesting times ahead I’m interested to see what changes are made.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508341) said:
@kul can you let us mods know who has been removed from the mod team and who hasn't. Bit rough if some of us have been shafted without any communication after continuously being mods since the forum was officially linked with the clubs website

Hey Beejay

I never knew the forum was officially linked with the club website. I always thought it was an independent fan forum.

Just wondering what influence does the club have over content? Is there a direction to limit certain discussion that is negative for the club? Does the forum have to maintain a certain family friendly vibe to maintain this affiliation?

This might also explain why someone like the Pom is continually allowed to post despite having a very close link to the club. That’s what they want people to know. I know a previous club insider who use to post and they were told to stop.

Many many many years ago the forum started independently, but then got linked to the club and access was through its website, due to it being linked to the club it necessitated having an admin and moderation team, at the time I believe some comments were made on other clubs forums against public figures (Ray Hadley from memory) and legal action was being taken.
A few years After that the forum went independent again and has gone through a couple of incarnations to what we have today.
Majority of the mods have been around since those early days with some coming and going.

As a mod we've never been asked to be influenced by the club itself or have a particular direction from the club to follow. Were all just fans like you all are.
The moderators were brought into to ensure that this place could be used and accessed by a wide demographic and originally keep it family friendly. (other forums were and still are not an inviting place for everyone to participate in).
As a mod team our goal has basically been keep everyone on topic, minimise swearing to encourage as many users as possible and keep the peace as much as possible if things did deteriorate.

@beejay said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508348) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508341) said:

Hey Beejay

Many many many years ago the forum started independently, but then got linked to the club and access was through its website, due to it being linked to the club it necessitated having an admin and moderation team, at the time I believe some comments were made on other clubs forums against public figures (Ray Hadley from memory) and legal action was being taken.
A few years After that the forum went independent again and has gone through a couple of incarnations to what we have today.
Majority of the mods have been around since those early days with some coming and going.

As a mod we've never been asked to be influenced by the club itself or have a particular direction from the club to follow. Were all just fans like you all are.
The moderators were brought into to ensure that this place could be used and accessed by a wide demographic and originally keep it family friendly. (other forums were and still are not an inviting place for everyone to participate in).
As a mod team our goal has basically been keep everyone on topic, minimise swearing to encourage as many users as possible and keep the peace as much as possible if things did deteriorate.

Cheers mate. I appreciate the information.

@jc99 said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508312) said:
Excited for the forum to come back to being a fun place where you can chat footy like you're talking to your mates at the pub!

If by pub talk you mean a place like The Kennel or One Eyed Eel, you can keep it. Because this is what this place is slowly descending into.

@mikey said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508339) said:
May not have agreed with every view/ decision Willow or Cochise made but they are only human. It's extremely difficult to not have viewpoint bias when doing what they were.
I have purposely wound back my posting because this forum has degenerated into a whingefest over the last couple of years but it's not their fault.

I agree i found them to be good at their job like the rest of the moderators.

@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508350) said:
If by pub talk you mean a place like The Kennel or One Eyed Eel, you can keep it. Because this is what this place is slowly descending into

This is a place that is full of people I consider friends.

We need to protect our ability to share wat we think and feel in a safe place.

From my point of view i appreciate everything that Willow and Cochise have done over the years and helped make this forum a far better forum than the cesspits that the independant dogs and eels forums are.Those forums are poisonous

This is a sad day for the forum. I’ll show my cards by declaring I’m a good mate of @cochise . Hi is a passionate, dedicated mod who puts hours into helping maintain standards. @willow I don’t know but he does the same. The standards on this forum are due to our mods. It’s largely a pleasant place because of them. The way these two mods were treated including the lack of communication around the changes was unprofessional and poor. They both deserve better.
I, like many, have posted less and less over the past 6 months because of the drop in standards and increase in negative and personally abusive posting. I fear this will increase. Very sad I think.

@spartan117 said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508355) said:
@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508350) said:
If by pub talk you mean a place like The Kennel or One Eyed Eel, you can keep it. Because this is what this place is slowly descending into

Agree Gnr

This is a place that is full of people I consider friends.

We need to protect our ability to share wat we think and feel in a safe place.

?

The best thing we can do is support @Kul with the changes going forward...

"A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it."

This place isn't without moderation, just personell changes. It will not become like the Kennel and one eyed eel is the worst name for a forum ever.

@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508357) said:
This is a sad day for the forum. I’ll show my cards by declaring I’m a good mate of @cochise . Hi is a passionate, dedicated mod who puts hours into helping maintain standards. @willow I don’t know but he does the same. The standards on this forum are due to our mods. It’s largely a pleasant place because of them. The way these two mods were treated including the lack of communication around the changes was unprofessional and poor. They both deserve better.
**I, like many, have posted less and less over the past 6 months because of the drop in standards and increase in negative and personally abusive posting.** I fear this will increase. Very sad I think.

This, I agree.

@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508350) said:
@jc99 said in [Another Quick Update](/post/1508312) said:
Excited for the forum to come back to being a fun place where you can chat footy like you're talking to your mates at the pub!

If by pub talk you mean a place like The Kennel or One Eyed Eel, you can keep it. Because this is what this place is slowly descending into.

By pub talk I mean just having fun, chatting footy (or whatever topic) and having banter. Obviously personal attacks and anything like that shouldn't be allowed but people should feel open to speak freely and have a bit of fun without the threat of posts being deleted, topics being closed and being banned (unless severely deserved)

Forum was always going to be negative this off season, we had an awful season with not much to look forward to. I've noticed since the Papali'i signing it's already improved ?

It's a bit ordinary if Cochise and Willow weren't personally consulted about their demotion prior to being publicly dropped in this thread.

@roar_power said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508365) said:
It's a bit ordinary if Cochise and Willow weren't personally consulted about their demotion prior to being publicly dropped in this thread.

I’m not sure how word got out, but this wasn’t the first indication that they were dropped. I saw two posters in seperate threads doing a victory dance in an albeit subtle manner a couple hours earlier. Kul’s post only confirmed it.

@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508357) said:
I, like many, have posted less and less over the past 6 months because of the drop in standards and increase in negative and personally abusive posting. I fear this will increase. Very sad I think.

The standards on this forum are due to the mods.

The standards have dropped over the past 6 months.

Conflicting.
Anyway, change is as good as a holiday.

@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508367) said:

I’m not sure how word got out, but this wasn’t the first indication that they were dropped. I saw two posters in seperate threads doing a victory dance in an albeit subtle manner a couple hours earlier. Kul’s post only confirmed it.

Victory dance ? Lol that’s sad ! What could they possibly have done to anyone with all the regulations and rules on here .

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508372) said:
@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508367) said:

Victory dance ? Lol that’s sad ! What could they possibly have done to anyone with all the regulations and rules on here .

Rules and regulations have dropped off significantly the last 6 months, so ?‍♂️

Sounds like the lunatics are going to run the asylum. Its a sad day when the high standards set by @willow and @cochise and the other mods are being thrown away.

@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508357) said:

He's

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508341) said:

Hey Beejay

"I know a previous club insider who use to post and they were told to stop"

I'd say it was a mod decision to ban. Hopefully this is whats getting looked at to improve.

Members online

Back