Another thing to love about Leichhardt

system

Half time break

Wandering around the back of the grandstand to get back to my seats and apart from the cancer cloud of smopkers there were three elderly gentlemen at the windows behind the Cows dresssing room telling abuse to Thurston and Watts through the vent mesh atop the frosted glass.

Than to hear Neil Henry yell out "someone get security to get rid of them"

I love Leichhardt

@smeghead said:
Half time break

Wandering around the back of the grandstand to get back to my seats and apart from the cancer cloud of smopkers there were three elderly gentlemen at the windows behind the Cows dresssing room telling abuse to Thurston and Watts through the vent mesh atop the frosted glass.

I love Leichhardt

:laughing:

That's gold!

It must absolutely do the oppositions head in having to play there and put up with that. Shame we only have that home ground advantage 3 times a year…

And then after the game you can stand round the back and listen to the team song.

Just imagine 6 games a year. *dreeeeeeeeeams*

And night games there should be BANNED. Compare a Friday or Monday night crowd there of 14,000 against an 18,500 strong Sunday afternoon crowd against an INTERSTATE team. Gives you goosebumps dunnit?

But geez they make it cramped in the grandstand!

Food there is reasonably priced too. Got a hot dog w/ cheese for $4.50\. The sausage was twice the size of the bun haha. At SFS you get this measly little excuse for "food" and it costs you minimum $5.

Plus you got the bloke on Mary St before and after the game selling "Hot Dog a Hot Dog get your Hot Doggies"

You got to love the place!

And dont the opposition hate it???

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/henry-seeks-away-consistency/2009/07/19/1247941827596.html

All sides like to play at home and the further the opposition have to travel the more confident the home boys enter the field of battle. The Cowboys, who haven't won in Sydney since round 22 in 2007, never looked like shaking their hoodoo yesterday — especially once the Leichhardt Oval crowd roared to life.
>
Maroons centre Willie Tonga, playing his first game at Leichhardt, was surprised by the noise.
>
"It's a lot more vocal than I think I've experienced. You can really hear if someone is yelling out your name. Even though you're trying to block it out, it's always there," he said.

It was my almost 3yo daughters first time at Leichhardt yesterday.

She was so excited, though it took it out her. About half way through the second half she looked to have a little kip, so made herself comfortable under her Tiger blanket. She then looked up at me and said "Dadda, can you make the Tigers quiter????". I had to laugh. :laughing:

Here she is just before full time:

[![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/jumphonner/th_JaydeatLeichhardtOval1.jpg)](http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v112/jumphonner/?action=view¤t=JaydeatLeichhardtOval1.jpg)

@smeghead said:
Half time break

I love Leichhardt

That is a great story from a great day yesterday. :laughing:

@smeghead said:
Half time break

I love Leichhardt

Love it. :laughing: and Leichhadt on a Saturday or a Sunday arvo.

We would have put away those close games if we were playing them at Leichhardt.

If we had 6 and 6 we would be up in the top 8 easily.

@tiger sean said:
if we played 6 games at leichardt and 6 at campbelltown.
It would make a huge difference to our season.

Could not agree more….look at the crowd that turns up and we are 11th....

@Geo. said:
@tiger sean said:
if we played 6 games at leichardt and 6 at campbelltown.
It would make a huge difference to our season.

Could not agree more….look at the crowd that turns up and we are 11th....

The fact it was a Sunday too I think helped.

Had it been a night game or at worst a Saturday night game I think we wouldve been lucky to break 15,000.

Its great sitting in the grandstand and looking over to the hill and not seeing one patch of green, just a sea of orange.

Back