Anyone Completed a TAE Course?

OzLuke

Afternoon All,

Yeah a little boring I know, but just wondering if anyone here had completed it or is currently completing it? After some advice (to break up the monotony of waiting for Moses' decision).....

Training and Assessment Cert IV - for people who don't have a teaching qual and want to work in TAFE or an RTO.

What kind of training do you want to get into?

What kind of training do you want to get into?
I need to do it to become an instructor at work and it is the most boring, mind numbing thing I have ever undertaken...and has nothing to do with how to instruct at my work but it's a requirement....

I need to do it to become an instructor at work and it is the most boring, mind numbing thing I have ever undertaken...and has nothing to do with how to instruct at my work but it's a requirement....
I avoided those comments because i didn't want to put you off :) :) :)

Been working in my profession (teaching) for 35 years. Thought I might work in TAFE so signed up. Lasted 2 weeks - what a waste of time. 1st day was 4 hours of teaching me how to log into TAFE - FFS.
Having said that, could be good for young people who haven't much experience. Also covers your bosses arse.
What annoyed me even more was the TAFE course went for a year - and you had to upgrade constantly, at least every two years.

One of my colleagues did a fast track version...

Said it was 5 days in the class room.
Do a bit of home work each night and after the 5 days you're qualified.

I need to do a TAE for work was looking at Tafe nsw but would prefer a fast track version.

I need to do a TAE for work was looking at Tafe nsw but would prefer a fast track version.
Mate I am doing mine through Pinnacle Training, and I suggest don't go through them as a learn from home option...it's brutal.

Mate I am doing mine through Pinnacle Training, and I suggest don't go through them as a learn from home option...it's brutal.
oh ok I was going to go with pinnacle as I have done cert 4 and diploma ohs with them.
The tafe option you need to go to classes every Saturday

oh ok I was going to go with pinnacle as I have done cert 4 and diploma ohs with them.
The tafe option you need to go to classes every Saturday
The assessor I have at the moment is pretty good, but my last one took a good while to respond to my assessments, and it just seems very isolating and like there isn't much support and the info seems all very backwards.

The assessor I have at the moment is pretty good, but my last one took a good while to respond to my assessments, and it just seems very isolating and like there isn't much support and the info seems all very backwards.
that is what I heard from others
do you need to do video presentations and stuff.
how long will it take you to complete

Don't know when they did it but there is a lot more to it than that.

that is what I heard from others
do you need to do video presentations and stuff.
how long will it take you to complete
You get a year, but unless you're on top of your time management it's barely enough, or at least my limitations were exceeded. I'm currently doing an assessment where they send you the information, and you need to wait two weeks to book online classrooms. I have just completed a video how to deliver teaching on my ipad but the file is too large for pinnacle's website so I need to download a video compressor...

You get a year, but unless you're on top of your time management it's barely enough, or at least my limitations were exceeded. I'm currently doing an assessment where they send you the information, and you need to wait two weeks to book online classrooms. I have just completed a video how to deliver teaching on my ipad but the file is too large for pinnacle's website so I need to download a video compressor...
oh bloody hell it sounds like a disaster

oh bloody hell it sounds like a disaster
If you are all in and can devote good amounts of time to completing it, it would be ok, but if you're like me life gets in the way, and to sort any questions you might have you you have to talk with your assessor over the phone.

Latest posts

Back