Anyone else sick of....

S

summers

is anyone else sick of all the media and former players comparing the eels to the team of the 80's. there not even in the finals let alone the 8 . i just find it some what arrogant on their part

nope as long as they focus on 9th place parramatta they forget 5th place wests tigers, which is better for us i think :smiley:

of course the former players who were in the eels teams of the 80's are going to say, that the current can go all the way.
they believe in the team and the players.

if the 2001 eels team and the 2005 eels team couldnt then this one has no chance in hell of doing it

@summers said:
is anyone else sick of all the media and former players comparing the eels to the team of the 80's. there not even in the finals let alone the 8 . i just find it some what arrogant on their part

For one i'm happy for Daniel Anderson i went to school and played MCS footy with him and i wish him all the luck this year!! But thats where it ends hahaha
How could they compare Parra from the 80,s What because they have a Morrimer ,Groth, etc in their side hahahaha

Parramatta,s Year will end on Friday night with a bloody thrashing!!!!

As a nervous Wests fan, i'm happy for Parramatta to have all the gloss and media coverage. The less limelight on the Tigers, the better. Beware the underdog….

Also heard on the radio today a newsreporter mention that the Parramatta Eels, hot off the back of a 5 match winning streak comes up against the Wests Tigers, who have also won a couple in a row….......................a couple in a row!!! are you kidding me. Are we that under the radar?

Parra stories are probably outnumbering ours by 3 or 4 to 1 this week. I'm happy with that right now…

I was laughing at how they said is there anything Jarryd Hayne can't do and then back heels the ball whilst behind him over his head after a stray pass and acts like hes done that 1000000000 times. You think the whole world is against us seriously. The media people need to get a life because thats not really going to scare the Tigers :laughing: what a joke!!

@izotope said:
nope as long as they focus on 9th place parramatta they forget 5th place wests tigers, which is better for us i think :smiley:

Yes. Exactly right! The less talk about the Tigers the better. They can keep writing about Parra all week as far as Im concerned.

yes sick of it apperntly their going to win the comp from out of the 8

team of the 80s?? are you kidding me 6 weeks ago their fans were making fun of their team and Robson now they say Robson is Peter Sterling and are going to win the comp

this is the definition of a Parra fan and the media

That from November to March all you hear from Eels fans and the media is that their gonna win the comp.

Then from April to July all you hear is that their garbage, coach and players all need to be sacked
and then for the last two months of the season it's all about how their gonna win the comp again. and they always fold right at the end.

If we win this one, we will become the media spotlight for the rest of the season

@supercoach said:
If we win this one, we will become the media spotlight for the rest of the season

I was about to post the same thing.The spotlight will turn to us if we beat the eels & I think we will revell in it once we have made the eight but at the moment its in our favour that we are under the radar somewhat even though it's the second time this week we are on the front page of the telegraph

Very, thought about this a lot and recon at the end of the day you just have to take the top team as the benchmark and go from there. Measuring one team against another from a different error I don't think is valid as they were playing a completely different style of footy back then and the game was only semi-professional back then. All these so-called greats obviously have another agenda here and I hope it backfires on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back