Apisai Koroisau #263

The media is beating this up and IMO Hagipantelis overreacted in contacting Api's management. It's hard for a player to stay mature when drunk and hanging out with a team full of giant egos.

I think Api will be fine once he gets into pre-season. It will be great to have a top drawer hooker again!

What about the fact he is a cheating scumbag adulterer? I know we are desperate for players however let's have some sort of conscience.
I hold my own values quite high in this regard. However I’d lose half my staff if I hired using this as a deal breaker. They are all women too.

Facts as i see them…

- he has been nothing but honest and respectful since he signed with us
- his sarcastic laugh thing wasn’t professional but it wasn’t the end of the world
- he is part of a team that as a whole is full of douches and have no respect
- he was probably on his 53rd beer and was playing up to his fans in a euphoric moment for himself and his team
- if he says something along the lines of he regrets it and he shouldn’t have done it im happy with that

What about the fact he is a cheating scumbag adulterer? I know we are desperate for players however let's have some sort of conscience.
I don't like what he did either, but at the end of the day it has nothing to do with me or you. Only his wife need be concerned and it has nothing to do with his footy. IMO you don't refuse to sign one of the best hookers in the game because he upset his wife

This is so true from first place and a long way In front of everyone else to last place we all know why he is coming it's no secret he could have stayed at Penrith and most likely win again next year and make $400K or come to the mighty Tigers for $700K and setup his family and he said he hopes he will win and we all know that's a joke everyone knows we don't have a hope in hell and even someone in another country who has never watched rugby league would not bet on us

So many snow flakes buying into the click bait
True but I’m wondering about how his new teammates think. I know they’ll possibly laugh on the outside, cause that’s the blokey thing to do,but subconsciously has a bad precedence been set. Ie we can’t possibly win a comp, even our major signing is saying we can’t.
Whether he was half full or not I personally don’t think it was necessary or appropriate.
And I for one applaud Lee for contacting his manager about it.
So call me a snowflake if you want but my thoughts for the WT run deeper than that.

He can think whatever he likes but it is seriously stupid to bag your future employer before you even set foot in the place. Seems par for the course though for the bogans at Penrith based on their post GF conduct. Talent is one thing; class is quite another

I watched 360 last night i dont usually because Kent and Braith are flogs but.... Kent hit the nail on the head not just with the Api & Fisher-Harris things but with the Panthers in general.
They are bad winners and carry on like 16 yr olds not only do they disrespect their opponents as a group they do it individually.
Theres no doubt they are a good team and probably will be for many years to come but they are far from humble, they even disrespect their own club saying they are the best Penrith team ever.
One day that culture will bite them on the arse, all it takes is a couple of ACL's or a few recruitment blunders and they come back to the pack.

I watched 360 last night i dont usually because Kent and Braith are flogs but.... Kent hit the nail on the head not just with the Api & Fisher-Harris things but with the Panthers in general.
They are bad winners and carry on like 16 yr olds not only do they disrespect their opponents as a group they do it individually.
Theres no doubt they are a good team and probably will be for many years to come but they are far from humble, they even disrespect their own club saying they are the best Penrith team ever.
One day that culture will bite them on the arse, all it takes is a couple of ACL's or a few recruitment blunders and they come back to the pack.
Well I think a few of them have shown their roots in what’s gone on . The 5/8 is carrying on like a goose, so much for their Christian values at the Samoan Cathedral in St Mary’s, or wherever, and prayer sessions after the games.
And the Mt Druitt effect is rising to the surface .
I’ve met and dealt with a lot of island people in my business and personal life and most are humble and respectful of all things. They don’t normally do what I’m seeing.
Sometimes the footy gods have a way of dealing with things so Penrith, remember the old saying “ pride cometh before a fall”.

True but I’m wondering about how his new teammates think. I know they’ll possibly laugh on the outside, cause that’s the blokey thing to do,but subconsciously has a bad precedence been set. Ie we can’t possibly win a comp, even our major signing is saying we can’t.
Whether he was half full or not I personally don’t think it was necessary or appropriate.
And I for one applaud Lee for contacting his manager about it.
So call me a snowflake if you want but my thoughts for the WT run deeper than that.
But the reality is if we try to get out of the current mess with nothing but players with a deep and burning desire to play for the worst team in the comp we can forget about the free agent market. At the moment, the only reason for an in-demand free agent to come to the Tigers is for the money.

The club can try to convince them it's not going to be a laughing stock, and the players can promise to be professionals and do their job to the best of their abilities. But we're not going to sign good players from the likes of Penrith and Parra on the basis of culture.

Koroisau could have been more subtle but he's just saying what anyone would be thinking. We just have to hope he doesn't treat it like a retirement fund. Ultimately, he's signed for three years and he has a role to play in making sure that time is enjoyable and successful - he can either play that role or spend three years losing and being miserable.

I reckon it was wishful thinking given they were talking about his premiership success.
And as soon as the words came out of his mouth he had an embarrassing chuckle.
Part of me thinks he accidentally suggested he will pick up another ring at the Tigers and was embarrassed for making the statement.
Deep down he probably hopes we win it.
I don’t believe the whole thing was said purposefully to mock us.

Well I think a few of them have shown their roots in what’s gone on . The 5/8 is carrying on like a goose, so much for their Christian values at the Samoan Cathedral in St Mary’s, or wherever, and prayer sessions after the games.
And the Mt Druitt effect is rising to the surface .
I’ve met and dealt with a lot of island people in my business and personal life and most are humble and respectful of all things. They don’t normally do what I’m seeing.
Sometimes the footy gods have a way of dealing with things so Penrith, remember the old saying “ pride cometh before a fall”.

I have known many religious people from many diverse religions in my life and to be honest most of them talk their religion on every occasion but don't follow it when it applies to themselves on many occasions.

I know i am being cynical but i am also being honest when i say that many god botherer's don't practice what they preach

I reckon it was wishful thinking given they were talking about his premiership success.
And as soon as the words came out of his mouth he had an embarrassing chuckle.
Part of me thinks he accidentally suggested he will pick up another ring at the Tigers and was embarrassed for making the statement.
Deep down he probably hopes we win it.
I don’t believe the whole thing was said purposefully to mock us.
I agree, just a bit of harmless banter with his teammates, some people are just desperate to be outraged.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back