Appointment of Scott Fulton to Wests Tigers

Checks and balances are fine. But they had enough rationale to discuss with Sheens directly.

To make a move in the football department, without including him, is deadset toxic and can create a hostile situation.

Can anyone imagine if your boss hired someone in your team without telling you?

Checks and balances are fine. But they had enough rationale to discuss with Sheens directly.

To make a move in the football department, without including him, is deadset toxic and can create a hostile situation.

I have seen it happen in high performing teams if a key talent becomes available within corporates for a function that needs an uplift. As a senior leader you need to be decisive and make quick decisions at times especially when it comes to personnel & an area that hasn’t delivered. Not everyone needs to be involved until after decisions are made.

One hand Pascoe and Lee cop it for not taking enough accountability (rightfully so) and when they do step up and lead they still cop it.

Sheens has his hands full coaching the team out of our biggest slump whilst training up Benji & Robbie. Who really thinks Sheens has enough time to also oversee scouting/recruitment/negotiations as well?

Might have been kept under wraps to complete the deal before the ventpod muppets could broadcast it to the world…

There’s still plenty of self servicing about the place…

I have seen it happen in high performing teams if a key talent becomes available within corporates for a function that needs an uplift. As a senior leader you need to be decisive and make quick decisions at times especially when it comes to personnel & an area that hasn’t delivered. Not everyone needs to be involved until after decisions are made.

One hand Pascoe and Lee cop it for not taking enough accountability (rightfully so) and when they do step up and lead they still cop it.

Sheens has his hands full coaching the team out of our biggest slump whilst training up Benji & Robbie. Who really thinks Sheens has enough time to also oversee scouting/recruitment/negotiations as well?

Happens plenty…
Big organisations will move a person of power, replace them - then discuss with the stakeholders what they’ve done and why…

Happens plenty…
Big organisations will move a person of power, replace them - then discuss with the stakeholders what they’ve done and why…

Then go to the media and give all the details of it in a way that makes them look defensive and disorganised and hostile to each other?

I like the that they got Fulton, I don't get why he's giving such in-depth information to the media. How about: 'we saw the chance to get him, we put together an offer and got the board approval'. Why does he need to go into all the stuff about Sheens being kept out of the loop? I'd guess little Lee wants to be seen as the big boy in the club. Remember he thought he was the best choice to hold the jersey of Raudonikis.

Correct, in fact, the less power sheenius has the better

For once Lee and his mate did the right thing. If Sheens had been asked he would have rejected the proposal because his mate Ronald was being shafted.

Fulton has runs on the board in the recruitment game and that is one of our major failings.
I reckon you've nailed it. Assuming the SMH article is accurate, the club couldn't tell Sheens or any if his team (same as telling Tim) because he'd have blackballed it straight away! Good hire!

Hartigan had runs on the board too and failed to make big inroads with recruitment now working with Gus at the Bulldogs.
I have no problem with the appointment but Sheens is the General Manager of Football and they completely left him out of the loop and now it's all over the media - that can't have gone down well.
They either back him to make decisions based on football or they dont. He is not one to cross and if he and Fulton don't gel who are Lee H and Pascoe going to back? Seems they suspected Sheens may baulk at it and made the decision anyway.

Good post MT. All fair points there

I think the biggest problem is the fact we and the media know every detail about it

Loose lips Lee needs to shut up seriously has any thing that has come out of his mouth over the last 24 hours helped the club in any way

Stop doing interviews

Yes

Hartigan had runs on the board too and failed to make big inroads with recruitment now working with Gus at the Bulldogs.
I have no problem with the appointment but Sheens is the General Manager of Football and they completely left him out of the loop and now it's all over the media - that can't have gone down well.
They either back him to make decisions based on football or they dont. He is not one to cross and if he and Fulton don't gel who are Lee H and Pascoe going to back? Seems they suspected Sheens may baulk at it and made the decision anyway.

Hartigan is a myth.

Your legacy in roles like that are the players you left the club with in first grade.

Where is his legacy? Bunch of juniors that did not make it and a bunch of first graders that had past it years ago... was really useless for our club.

The way they've gone about scot was disrespectful to Sheens. Maybe, like the players they go after, they thought that would not get him and Fulton would go to another club then we're caught off gard he actually came to our club.

Getting someone to replace Ronald is a good thing. He just needs to go... Not telling anyone isn't a great thing though, at least Benji
I think Warren has done a good job comparing the last 10 years. Juniors and first grade are shaping up well.

Why is Lee telling the media all this? I don't get the benefit of media knowing?
Gadget can't help himself, he just likes to hear himself talk and to be the centre of attention.

Doesn't matter if it's all shit and damages the club.

If he wasn't the major sponsor pumping in who knows how much money, (anyone have an idea how much we might be talking about?) surely you would tell him to shut up and show him the door.

How many other chairmen are constantly blabbing to the media and making bullets for them to fire back at us.

Staff online

Back