Arana Taumata heading to North Queensland

I was told a week ago that he's been "allowed" to look elsewhere. Fair enough as he's clearly not wanted in first grade and he sees himself as an NRL player. I heard the Cowboys were one club very interested, so I'd not be at all surprised if he's gone immediately.

I've also heard David Fifita is looking elsewhere.

There was a story earlier in the year on david, he thinks he needs to leave us to make his own name…rather than ride his brothers coattails

Thread title needs editing imo

Thread title will need editing if it's not proven true.

I can tell you that Arana and David are both a chance to be elsewhere by June 30 and Taumata is pretty much 99% to be gone. I'd guess that the original poster is correct.

It's dissapointing if true as IMO he'd add a hell of a lot more as out number 17 than Mitch Brown off the bench.

That's alright, we've got depth in the halves…
Moltzen - out for the season
Lazo - tried but not ready yet
Lui - Doing well but first season in 1st grade

Although I suppose Sheens was looking at him as a centre anyway.
ummmmm...

**title edited**

hmmm, heard some rumours along these lines a few weeks back. Was hoping it would just pass over…

It makes sence. The way the squad has shaped itself aver the past month, there didnt seem much room in the squad for anyone else. Somehow we still gota find room for Tame, Keith, Liam, Blake and Wade.

If this is true, hopefully Arana will get some game time outside of Thurston. Lets hope we dont play them in the Finals!!!

@Tiger Watto said:
It makes sence. The way the squad has shaped itself aver the past month, there didnt seem much room in the squad for anyone else. Somehow we still gota find room for Tame, Keith, Liam, Blake and Wade.

If this is true, hopefully Arana will get some game time outside of Thurston. Lets hope we dont play them in the Finals!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Puffing the magic dragon, me thinks?

@Chris said:
Title edited. How's that?

Haha, yeah.

It's a shame, the guy had bucketloads of talent but I guess he just didn't fit in. Best of luck to him at NQ/wherever he goes.

If he was as good as so many (Including me) had hoped, he would have made his appearance during the Lui injury period.

I still recall the fan day in Feb where he was cionstantly skylarking and being pulled up by the training staff to settle down and train…

frees up some $$$$

@Spartan117 said:
If he was as good as so many (Including me) had hoped, he would have made his appearance during the Lui injury period.

I still recall the fan day in Feb where he was cionstantly skylarking and being pulled up by the training staff to settle down and train…

frees up some $$$$

He was injured at the same time from memory

@Chris said:
@Spartan117 said:

frees up some $$$$

He was injured at the same time from memory

Correct

Sheens should have given him a go by now,but his favourite kept getting in the team with less ability,hope he can get a go elsewhere,as he will prove to be another Sheens masterstroke. :cry:

David Fifita won't be missed IMO. As for Taumata, I would liked to have seen him in FG but it's not going to happen at the Tigers it would seem. Good luck to him if he does head north, but he really needs to get his attitude checked if he's going to become a regular first grade player.

@851 said:
Sheens should have given him a go by now,but his favourite kept getting in the team with less ability,hope he can get a go elsewhere,as he will prove to be another Sheens masterstroke. :cry:

Who are all these Sheens masterstrokes - Matthew Head (playing for Dapto Dogs) and Shannon Gallant (playing Queensland Cup) come to mind. Who have I missed???

@southerntiger said:
@851 said:

Who are all these Sheens masterstrokes - Matthew Head (playing for Dapto Dogs) and Shannon Gallant (playing Queensland Cup) come to mind. Who have I missed???

Matthew Head was better at halfback for us than John Morris was, even if he is a cripple.

@innsaneink said:
There was a story earlier in the year on david, he thinks he needs to leave us to make his own name…rather than ride his brothers coattails

Thread title needs editing imo

sorry mate, was just trying to get some info out before i headed out for the night.

Members online

Back