Arthur sacked

It depends if Richo rates his coaching or not. He wont hesitate to punt him if he thinks its the best option going forward.
The question is, if Benji wasn’t one of the clubs favourite sons, would he already be under the pump? I doubt he’d see past next season if we didn’t get out of the bottom 4, I think he’s given lots of leeway.

The Sydney Morning
I’m not bitter’: Arthur opens up on Eels sacking
Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

May 21, 2024 — 2.06pm

Former Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has expressed his gratitude to the club despite being sacked on Monday but insists he still has more to achieve in the game.
In a statement sent out on Tuesday afternoon, a positive Arthur spoke highly of the Eels and understood the club’s decision to part ways after another disappointing performance against the Storm over the weekend.

1716275599538.png
Parramatta legend Peter Wynn has thrown up Billy Slater as a potential next Eels coach after Brad Arthur was sacked.

“I’m not bitter, I’m grateful to the club for the opportunities that have been given to me,” Arthur said.

“In 11 years I’ve been able to look after my family, made lots of great friendships, learnt so much about rugby league, learned a lot about managing people and expectations and most importantly got to experience the excitement of an NRL grand final week and game without getting the desired result.
Advertisement

“I understand it’s a results-driven business and our performances weren’t where they needed to be recently. I’m extremely grateful to the playing group for the respect they’ve shown me and my family and I wish them all the best for the rest of the year and I know they can turn it around.”
The decision to part ways with Arthur came after a 48-16 loss to the Melbourne Storm at Magic Round. Arthur’s assistant, Trent Barrett, will take over as interim coach for the rest of the season.
Brad Arthur during an Eels match.

Brad Arthur during an Eels match.CREDIT:NRL

Arthur took over at the club as an interim coach in 2012. The high point of his tenure came when the Eels reached the 2022 grand final, which they lost to Penrith 28-12.
Having failed to make the finals last year, the Eels slumped to their sixth loss in their past seven matches at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, in a performance Arthur labelled “embarrassing”.

The former coach made special mention of his skipper Clint Gutherson in a fitting tribute to the club’s No.1. He also revealed his desire to return to NRL coaching in the future.
“I’ve loved having the privilege of shaping young family’s lives,” he said.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...-eels-style-present-ever-20240521-p5jfcg.html
“It’s really satisfying that as a club we’ve been able to help some players reach representative honours. Thank you to the many people who’ve reached out to me to show their support. I’m overwhelmed with everyone in the playing group reaching out to thank me.
“After a short break I look forward to new opportunities and challenges. I feel I still have plenty to give. I know I’ve made mistakes but I feel like I’ve got a few things right too. I don’t want to single any players out but it would be unfair to not thank Clint Gutherson for the years of torture he put his body through for me.”

I would expect that a roster like theirs will be given a decent clean out under any new coach. It was a roster that was never built to win a comp IMO. Always felt it was overrated overall.

A club built around Moses, Talagi & Brown.

Can we get Joffa back now?
imagine joe with us now

I'm really surprised that BA lasted as long as he did, but to sack him the day before his 50th b'day shows how slimy the slimmers club is.

Poor form, at least sack him the day after.

Eels haven’t kept their own juniors for years recruiting from other clubs with a huge nursery. Sione Katoa, Reimis Smith, Josh Curran, Stefano Utoikamanu, Fonua Blake, Josh Aloai, Alex Twal, Trey Mooney, Daniel Tupou and probably the whole Eagles roster since the early 2000s. They are on par with us even Moses left and came back and Galvin is at Tigers.

More powerful club but a similar issue to Tigers.

Eels haven’t kept their own juniors for years recruiting from other clubs with a huge nursery. Sione Katoa, Reimis Smith, Josh Curran, Stefano Utoikamanu, Fonua Blake, Josh Aloai, Alex Twal, Trey Mooney, Daniel Tupou and probably the whole Eagles roster since the early 2000s. They are on par with us even Moses left and came back and Galvin is at Tigers.

More powerful club but a similar issue to Tigers.
The ones that came to us world beaters thats for sure!!!

Guys I put my hand in the ring for this position and made some direct enquiries via a cousin and was told I didn’t have anywhere near the experience they need.
He didn’t even look at the excel spreadsheets I made with my game plans, visions, targets and that.
Although truth be told I think that was to be expected.
However,
They did let something slip during the chat and that Brian McDermott from the knights is either their number one target or is being highly considered.

Back