Ayshford to wing?

bbobb

After watching the game last night and with troops returning I wass wondering whether Ayshford should be moved. I am not sure how he is under the high ball but he certainly has the height, is defensively strong and can read the play and runs well from dummy half. I believe Blake was an outstanding lock when he was younger and sees himself moving closer to the ruck in the future. This would also assist that transition as he could take some hit-ups.

Another reason for the move is that he just doesn't seem to have the ability to set his wingers up. Initially, i thought it was because he had Fitz outside him but he is playing next to Lote and really is now starving him of the ball. Blake is a ball runner and not a ball player but when you have a weapon like Lote outside you really need to give him quality ball.

I really think Beau offers much more there.

I would like to see….

1) McKinnon
2) Ayshford
3) Ryan
4) Lawrence
5) Lote

I dont dislike the wing option but he has been solid at centre although like everyone I have concerns with his ability to set up his winger which has really showed up with Lote outside him although mayby because Lawrence is so good at it makes Ayshford look worse

We need Daniela in the team! I'd say push Aysford to the bench to cover for the backs instead of Fitzhenry.

1\. McKinnon
2\. Ryan
3\. Daniela
4\. Lawrence
5\. Tuqiri

17\. Ayshford

Probably won't happen cause Sheens is obsessed with Fitzhenery but it would make a much stronger team.

He is quicker than Ryan and better under the high ball. But Coat Tails Ryan will never see lower grade football again

@smeghead said:
He is quicker than Ryan and better under the high ball. But Coat Tails Ryan will never see lower grade football again

Really? I've found Ryan very safe under the high ball his only mishap was the game against the Roosters. I'm not sure about the speed though. The thing I like about Ryan along with others is he plays with a lot of passion and desire. It's very rare to see players like that these days - it is really great to watch.

I would like to see Ashysford play off the bench at the expense of Fitzslippery. Ryan adds morale and passion to our side and appears to be a good winger. Daniela to take Blake's spot in the centres. Ashyford would make a good lock and maybe Heighington to second row and Payten to front row and Big Red off the bench in the prop rotation with Fifita and Moors.

@smeghead said:
Anyone suggesting Blake is ready for the forwards is having a lend.

I agree - he is a quality player but I think that at this point Daniella is the better option for us. I think that Ryan is a better option on the wing than Ayshford as well.

I am not sure where he should be - maybe wing in state cup.

He would be a centre in State Cup.

If Tim wants to put him in State Cup I am sure Balmain would welcome him with open arms.

It is tough because Daniella has more pace but Ayshford has a beter motor.

For mine if he can handle the high ball Daniella to wing and Ryan to reserve grade

Ryan is a better winger on enthusiasm alone and is pretty handy but if Daniella can keep improving I see no room for Ayshford as I like him but has dissapointed this year.

I'm not really sure about Ayshford anymore. Is he really a good finisher? He bombed a try last night.

@alien said:
I'm not really sure about Ayshford anymore. Is he really a good finisher? He bombed a try last night.

if he works on his ofloads he will be great..he always seems to get through the first tacklers with his upper body but he doesnt look for the offload

Agree Aysford on the wing for Balmain ryde till he learns how to set a winger on his way if Lote does not come looking for a run he would get the flu with Aysford there how good is he when Lawerence is there

@tiger jim said:
Agree Aysford on the wing for Balmain ryde till he learns how to set a winger on his way if Lote does not come looking for a run he would get the flu with Aysford there how good is he when Lawerence is there

He's not a winger.

Members online

Back