Beau Ryan

alex

Thought he was pretty average tonight … Not his best performance and is far behind his form earlier in the year when first moved to fullback. Has been on a gradual decline for a while now and looks down on confidence.

Now that Ayshford's due back after the bye and Meaney is floating around, where do you think Beau stands?

Unlike his first few games at fullback, he is now playing like Moltzen was, i.e walking back from kick returns, running sideways and trying to link up with a winger instead of taking the metres on offer.

As much as love Beau Ryan, I think he will be going back to the wing while McKinnon will be taking the fullback position. I don't mind this move, I think it will be a win win situation.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about McKinnon hahaha.

Agree 100% with you Hybrid - he looked like Moltzen out there tonight, and not in a good way.

Beau is a winger playing at fullback.
His enthusiasm should keep him on the wing, don't underestimate the positive vibe factor.
I love him, even though he hugged Idris at the end of the game.

He will go to the wing when Mckinnons fit (dont no if theyll put Wade in asap) and fight it out with Fitzy/Meaney/Tuiaki/Brown/Potentially Daniella and anyone else for the Right Wing spot.

Your right though. When he first played 1 vs the EELs he charged his kick returns back like Karmichael Hunt (no exhageration). Now he strolls back like many of our players with the aim jjust not to get smashed

I thought Beau was a lower grade fullback with Saints but we have him playing on the wing…

Anyway, I thought he was our worst tonight. He needed to take the ball at fullback and sprint at the defence to chew up as many metres as he could. But instead he walked to the defensive line and looked for support. Disappointing as he had been in such good form.

How about "Beau does dropping the ball in our own half"....

He was safe in extraordinarily wet conditions. He lowered his centre of gravity on kick returns. He's slight, can get pushed into touch, or into goal if not careful.

Ive said it before,,, ryan is not a fullback///

He will struggle to hold his spot now with the absolute stella side we have shaping up….

I thought he was pretty good. Came up with the one error early on but otherwise he was safe at the back and did plenty of work. The 40/20 save in the first half was a big play too. He's not a genuine fullback, but he's making a better fist of it than Moltzen and Fitzy IMO. McKinnon is the wildcard, I'm interested to see how he goes in the Tigers backline if he gets a go.

I must have watched a different game tonight, he was always there to make good yard, was safe with kicks. Outside of one near error of judgement with the no try to Titdris, he had a pretty good game….certainly doesn't deserve any criticism.

I think Beau is playing to instructions with his kick returns.I think maybe Sheens has got him bringing it back at a steadier pace to stop the big collision at the end of the run especially on a wet night were the ball is slippery.

I thought he was good. Came up with one error but wasn't the only one tonight. I think he is of best service to the team on the wing. His spirit and enthusiasim is infectious.

196 metres with ball in hand is enough for me to say he had a good game. He made one mistake. He wasn't forcing his hand in attack but nobody should in conditions like that.

The saving of the 40/20 was great stuff….

We dropped it after and they scored but hey....who cares we won....

Beau Knows he's good....

He was fine….nothing brilliant but did a good job and doesn't deserve much criticism I would have thought. He's a handy player and he gets right into the contest.

I would expect Beau Ryan to hold a wing spot until when (and if) Tuiaki returns. Geoff Daniella can have right centre if he continues to play well. This leaves Ayshford at 14, everyone has always talked about him being a backrower some day so he's the perfect reserve. It's hard to consider dropping Fifita, Dwyer OR Moors; so I'm not sure where that leaves Todd Payten when Galloway returns. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Fullback should be either McKinnon or Meaney. Does McKinnon kick goals? Meaney does.

I hate to harp on this, but taking the shot for penalty at 12-12 was a good idea, handing the ball to Benji to kick it, was not.

I thought he was pretty good given the conditions and that 40/20 save was great to watch :slight_smile:

Staff online

Back