OFFICIAL *Behind The Roar Official Wests Tigers Podcast*

Listening to the Pat Richards and Chris Lawrence episode.

Host Chris Warren has teased a future episode with Ray "Rabs" Warren in the future.

Really looking forward to it...

I find Warren really lame. How does he spend 40 minutes salivating over a single regular season win like it's a grand final triumph? Only at the tigers. We won a game, that's it. Sure discuss the beauty of it but put it into perspective. Insight into brooks is that he thinks a lot about cooking and didn't talk much anything interesting like why his form has improved or give any insight into how his or the tigers game has progressed or perhaps insight into different approaches to coaching. Its all just Warren trying to be chummy and no one saying anything, like a poor man's bloke at a bar.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but brooks seemed to care a bit too much about his 200th. I like Bennett's approach which is to talk about others when he was coaching his 15th thousandth game. Not really Brooks' style. Also seemed pretty indifferent when asked if he wanted to stay. Not holding that against him, just think the podcast is a bit too soft and cuddly and could use a bit of grit.

I don't get why people don't understand why clubs don't/can't delve too much into the coaching. Do we want to give away any tactics or approaches just to appease members?

And damn @watersider, in 23 years, we have not scored that many points. Such a buzz kill man. You must be real fun to have at a party...

I don't get why people don't understand why clubs don't/can't delve too much into the coaching. Do we want to give away any tactics or approaches just to appease members?

And damn @watersider, in 23 years, we have not scored that many points. Such a buzz kill man. You must be real fun to have at a party...
Its not about divulging tactics, just general talk about emphasis, training routines etc. That stuff isn't sensitive. Sheens himself discusses this.

I liked the win, it's just 2 points. I'd rather the players move on to focus on the next game. As a club we tend to indulge in what we did last week and we should have bigger aspirations than winning the occasional regular season game.

But yes, I'm pretty average company at parties. I'll be out the back enjoying some fresh air and looking at the sky.

Its not about divulging tactics, just general talk about emphasis, training routines etc. That stuff isn't sensitive. Sheens himself discusses this.

I liked the win, it's just 2 points. I'd rather the players move on to focus on the next game. As a club we tend to indulge in what we did last week and we should have bigger aspirations than winning the occasional regular season game.

But yes, I'm pretty average company at parties. I'll be out the back enjoying some fresh air and looking at the sky.
Most would be out the back enjoying the fresh air if the rest of the party was full of the Brooks ass lickers that have come out of the woodwork the last 4 weeks. Very very silent the last 10 years. Let's see how silent they become yet again after Brooks goes back to his usual form.

Most would be out the back enjoying the fresh air if the rest of the party was full of the Brooks ass lickers that have come out of the woodwork the last 4 weeks. Very very silent the last 10 years. Let's see how silent they become yet again after Brooks goes back to his usual form.
Earl will change his name and begin shit talking him again by round 20.

Yeah, that's ok, but I feel that's already been discussed enough. It's all high-level anyway. I remember Klem just talking about how sheens is really big on fundamentals - stuff like that.

I work delivering projects and there is a psychological aspect about celebrating wins when they come. Otherwise, you just drain the tank of your team. After all that Luke has been through, that aspect is even more important.

We can see how confidence is key - even as members, we should encourage that or we can hurt ourselves.

Yeah, that's ok, but I feel that's already been discussed enough. It's all high-level anyway. I remember Klem just talking about how sheens is really big on fundamentals - stuff like that.

I work delivering projects and there is a psychological aspect about celebrating wins when they come. Otherwise, you just drain the tank of your team. After all that Luke has been through, that aspect is even more important.

We can see how confidence is key - even as members, we should encourage that or we can hurt ourselves.
Hope the approach works, not against celebrating. Just think there's a genuinely interesting angle on the club from brooks, and how he sees his career, and how his game has progressed through the coaches and halves pairings and the hour long format allows for depth into that.

And instead they spend the majority of time just talking about one match. And I feel like we're so embarrassed about our lack of success that we can't just recognise the past, not like sad and begrudging but just what he's learnt, and instead we put our heads in the sand and treat a regular season win like success. But brooks, as a junior talent and an up and down career within all that should be more interesting.

John Bateman is fascinating to watch. The way he contorts his body while he runs so that he keeps a pass and kick option alive is great. 'Footy genius' may be too big of a hyperbole, but he's not far off it.

Was one of my favourite players to watch when he played for Canberra. Loving seeing him in our colours.

Members online

Back