Bench Rotation..?

Ryan

Can someone please explain to me what the deal is with our bench rotation? Who is responsible for making the changes?

When Fitz went into the starting side today, I was pretty happy that it allowed us to have 4 forwards on the bench for once. But how wrong I was…

It's bad enough when we leave a back a back on the bench for the first 78 minutes, but today we only used 2 players in the first half and 1 of our interchange props only got 10 minutes all game!

How the heck are we supposed to compete with a monster rep pack when we don't even use our bench forwards. This is not the time in the season where it is excusable to leave players out on the field to help their fitness for the year ahead.

We really need to win these games and cement our top 4 position or we will slide down the ladder and risk missing or just scraping into the 8, and I really can't see the Dragons repeating last years poor finals appearance in the first week.

@Tiger Watto said:
I'm may be wrong Ryan, but I think the bench is controlled by Royce?

Thanks Watto.

Well he doesn't have much else to do during the game but he still manages to screw it up.. I understand most coaches have a set interchange time plan for each week and only make other changes if necessary through injury but it's like he gets caught up in the excitement of the game and just forgets we have a bench or doesn't even know who is on there.

we were always going to struggle vs manly with such a weak bench. as soon as their bench came on, they piledo n the points. i think its been our problem all year. instead of skando, give schirnack a crack. or some other young gun whos enthusiastic.

@Torbizlo said:
we were always going to struggle vs manly with such a weak bench. as soon as their bench came on, they piledo n the points. i think its been our problem all year. instead of skando, give schirnack a crack. or some other young gun whos enthusiastic.

The bench wasn't the problem. It was the lack of rotation. Sheens still thinks that it's 1984 and would rather his team carry an injured player than make use of the bench. Sheens should start viewing the team as 17 players, and utilize the bench as best he can.

@travis_bickle said:
@Torbizlo said:

The bench wasn't the problem. It was the lack of rotation. Sheens still thinks that it's 1984 and would rather his team carry an injured player than make use of the bench. Sheens should start viewing the team as 17 players, and utilize the bench as best he can.

the bench could have done with moors !! skando is a past legend of the tigers. sorry skando and fitzy you both should volunteer to go back to state cup for the good of the team. i thought the idea of a bench was to use all of them to keep the players as fresh as possible. instead why do we bring on skando with 10 to go ?? waste of a bench spot :deadhorse:

Hopefully ellis & ryan come back this week & lote is fit, i would like to see our bench being any of these five. Moors, Fifita, Fulton, Dwyer, & Shirnack i thin anyone one of these four would give us more go forward.

Back