Benji Marshall begins life as Wests Tigers coach as the joint venture searches for something to believe in

That's not how it works.
Maybe in the forwards, it works a little like that, tackle harder, train and be stronger.

In the backs, we need people aware and focused. People who are thinking Position, and thinking about what's going to happen, not what's happening.

Case in point, Wayne Gretzky. Often the smallest player on a hockey field. He said he never watched where the puck was, he moved too where the puck was going to be.

Ofcourse our training needs to increase in intensity and we need people who can solidly tackle. Our energy is down. Madge tried flogging the squad hard at training, it did not work.

Instead we need to think more Adious Huxley style. Create hard training environments that players enjoy.

Yep Benji is gone. However I hope the board is skillful with getting rid of him. New Zealand need a coach and I would like to convince Benji that he could coach NZ for a year or two then come back.

Brad Arthur is the man we should target, Else lock up John Morris.
Strongly Agree with part A.
Disagree part B.

From all reports he was coaching halfway through last season.

On all the evidence so far, it doesn't look good - our attack is the worst it's been in 20 years, we literally have no game plan.
I think B and R are overwhelmed and obviously Bomber is in no position to lay down the law.
Whichever way you look at it we are no better than we’ve been for at least the past two years,so despite all the hoopla about coaches, players and even CEO there’s been no appreciable change.
Just watching the Titans today was so exciting, several of their best players out, they just kept giving and giving.
Something that we do rarely do.

I think B and R are overwhelmed and obviously Bomber is in no position to lay down the law.
Whichever way you look at it we are no better than we’ve been for at least the past two years,so despite all the hoopla about coaches, players and even CEO there’s been no appreciable change.
Just watching the Titans today was so exciting, several of their best players out, they just kept giving and giving.
Nope, no appreciable change. We’re caught in a time loop, like beaver day. Back then we had 2 stars coming, Api and Papalii. And once again we have another 2 stars in Luai and Turuva on their way to save the day.
Hal I watched the final 30min of the Titans game, they played like the jersey meant something. It was designed by the mum of one of the players’ so the win would have been appreciated on a few levels.

I don’t agree Hal.
I think we’re giving and giving too but we don’t have the cattle pure n simple.
You’re right about the effort of the Titans but I reckon they’ve got enough skill in that side to make some kind of difference, we don’t

True, we just don’t seem to have the players but let’s not forget that the Titans had many players out with injury so it was an 80 minute effort.
We can only go 60 at best and still don’t think we play at high intensity. The Broncs would have beaten us, even allowing for their issues as well.
So it all keeps coming back to recruitment

I don’t agree Hal.
I think we’re giving and giving too but we don’t have the cattle pure n simple.
You’re right about the effort of the Titans but I reckon they’ve got enough skill in that side to make some kind of difference, we don’t
It’s a cop out for any coach or club administrator to say we’re losing because we don’t have skilled players. It’s a team game and no coincidence that the bottom 2 on the ladder have given 30 plus players a run already. Do Souths have the cattle?

Forget comparing us to the bottom clubs they will be consistently inconsistent and jag wins against better sides on off days. If you want to be successful you need to measure yourself against the top clubs and then reality of how far behind we are, sinks in.

Forget comparing us to the bottom clubs they will be consistently inconsistent and jag wins against better sides on off days. If you want to be successful you need to measure yourself against the top clubs and then reality of how far behind we are, sinks in.
I doubt there‘s a Tigers fan anywhere who doesn’t grasp the reality of our situation. Measure yourself however you like, but while you’re doing all this benchmarking keep in mind that you can learn from any team or player regardless of where they stand on the ladder.
know yourself, know your enemy.

I doubt there‘s a Tigers fan anywhere who doesn’t grasp the reality of our situation. Measure yourself however you like, but while you’re doing all this benchmarking keep in mind that you can learn from any team or player regardless of where they stand on the ladder.
know yourself, know your enemy.
Insightfful. Let's just sack the coach that should work.

Insightfful. Let's just sack the coach that should work.
Well, they've been trying that for 12 years and there would be many people saying its not working LOL. If I may compare the behaviour of 2 clubs? Both Tigers and Eels sacked their coaches only to be rejected by the coach they were clearing the runway for. Needless to say, both clubs are at the bottom of the ladder atm.

Well, they've been trying that for 12 years and there would be many people saying its not working LOL. If I may compare the behaviour of 2 clubs? Both Tigers and Eels sacked their coaches only to be rejected by the coach they were clearing the runway for. Needless to say, both clubs are at the bottom of the ladder atm.
Arthur has had more to work with than our current coach and those we have sacked before him - sure he has had the worst possible injuries atm. Parramatta never have been a club to struggle with recruitment. Not sure how their juniors are placed at the moment but always have great resources and their own modern stadium. Great gig if you can get it.

I think he can coach but can't argue with moving a coach on after a period of time and in their current position. Don't think it's the last we will see if him.

It’s a cop out for any coach or club administrator to say we’re losing because we don’t have skilled players. It’s a team game and no coincidence that the bottom 2 on the ladder have given 30 plus players a run already. Do Souths have the cattle?
I reckon pound for pond we’re going better than Souths given their squad.

But is our desire as strong ???
Would API and Stef have said no thanks to Madge like Mitchell and Wighton did ?
Warriors and GC showed you must stay in the fight, and then win it !
I just don’t think we have that in us, unfortunately.

But is our desire as strong ???
Would API and Stef have said no thanks to Madge like Mitchell and Wighton did ?
Warriors and GC showed you must stay in the fight, and then win it !
I just don’t think we have that in us, unfortunately.
The “and then win it” part I agree with. The stay in the fight part I think we do this year so far. Not sure how capable we are of the win it bit.

Featured on another site.

Admission from Benji he’s making mistakes.

It’s not the best optics he’s headed overseas during what is a crisis of sorts.

Yes, we are in a perpetual crisis I guess.

Unless his trip is for a personal tragedy or signing new players, as a member, I must say, I have some concerns.

An extra week to think about the team, teach and plan is precious.

His main task is to get the playing group at optimum. He hasn’t been to get there yet consistently.

I want him to succeed, but atm, who are we going to beat?

Last edited:
True, we just don’t seem to have the players but let’s not forget that the Titans had many players out with injury so it was an 80 minute effort.
We can only go 60 at best and still don’t think we play at high intensity. The Broncs would have beaten us, even allowing for their issues as well.
So it all keeps coming back to recruitment
Penrith seem to think we have the players they jumped on. Papalii quicker than a seagull on a hot chip... I think they know a thing or two.
Blore
Brooks
Garner just a few all doing better than when they were here.

So we have... Or rather HAD the players but we just feed the other clubs

Penrith seem to think we have the players they jumped on. Papalii quicker than a seagull on a hot chip... I think they know a thing or two.
Blore
Brooks
Garner just a few all doing better than when they were here.

So we have... Or rather HAD the players but we just feed the other clubs
It doesn’t make sense right? Particularly when we continue to pay them. Brooks is nailing it at Manly.

Back