BIG DAY AT LEICHHARDT OVAL NEXT SUNDAY

G

BIG DAY AT LEICHHARDT OVAL NEXT SUNDAY
By Wayne Cousins
13/06/2010 7:05:18 PM

Two teams in the top three, two tries off reaching a tryscoring milestone, and the return to one of the spiritual home grounds should see a massive crowd greet the Wests Tigers against Canberra Raiders at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, June 20.

Following their second bye this weekend, Wests Tigers sit third on the NRL ladder on 18 points, just four off competition leaders St George Illawarra.

The news is even better for the Wests Tigers U20s team with the side sitting on top of a congested competition ladder on 20 points. Wests Tigers are also very well placed in the race for the Club Championship title.

Wests Tigers will also attempt to record their 1000th try in the NRL since the club’s inaugural season in 2000\. Three tries in their last round victory over the Bulldogs place the Wests Tigers on 998 tries.

Five-eighth Benji Marshall is the Wests Tigers leading tryscorer with 48 tries in 115 matches since making his debut against Newcastle in 2003.

Given fine weather next Sunday, Wests Tigers officials are hoping for a huge crowd to be in attendance as the club plays its first premiership matches of the season at Leichhardt Oval.

The ground record for a Wests Tigers match at Leichhardt Oval is 22, 877, set against South Sydney in round 20 of the 2005 premiership winning season.

The day will also see Wests Tigers players wear yellow armbands in both matches as part of the club's Call To Arms campaign with The Cancer Council.

Wests Tigers is proud to continue their support of Cancer Council's ‘Call To Arms’ campaign since its launch in NSW in 2008\. The ‘Call To Arms’ fundraising campaign is to raise awareness and funds for cancer in men.

Match Day Details

Gates Open: 12.15pm

Toyota Cup kick-off: 12.45pm

NRL kick-off: 3pm

U Gotta Love Leichhardt…

Sausage on a Roll, the Cheergirls doing laps in the Crowd, and the Hill giving it to the opposite Winger...

Should play there every Sunday!!!
:wahoo:
:sign:

Mate, it was funny as last year when we played the Cowboys. Everyone was just kept giving it to the Williams pair all game. Venus and Serena was the call all game…

I have seats, but I prefer to stay on the hill...

@Tiger Watto said:
Mate, it was funny as last year when we played the Cowboys. Everyone was just kept giving it to the Williams pair all game. Venus and Serena was the call all game…

I remember when we started the "Thurstons a w***er" chant….

oh how i cant wait to be back at leichardt :righton:

Was the Cowboys game the one where Watts gave it to Robbie, and the players cleared the deck at the next scrum so he could extract revenge? That game was worth bottling. Can't wait till Sunday - wish BRET or the Magpies were playing first, then the footy would start at 10.15.

@tigergirlz said:
Was the Cowboys game the one where Watts gave it to Robbie, and the players cleared the deck at the next scrum so he could extract revenge? That game was worth bottling. Can't wait till Sunday - wish BRET or the Magpies were playing first, then the footy would start at 10.15.

That's the one….

It was also the game where Shannon Gallant tried to stare down Carl Webb behind the posts. Don't know what was in his water bottle, but I think it must of been Bundy :laughing:

The 20's also had some fun. Jason Shirnack stuck up for a few of the smaller boys a few times.

Must be Nth Qld. Brings out the best in everyone...

Looking forward to it.

Will be pretty chilly most likely, but hopefully the sun is out.

@KingOvKingz09 said:
@Tiger Watto said:

I remember when we started the "Thurstons a w***er" chant….

oh how i cant wait to be back at leichardt :righton:

Lol, and we're playing the cowboys at Leichhardt again this year, gee I can't wait for that game :stuck_out_tongue:

Back