Biggest team selection in years?

Tigerdale

well, is it?
\
\
i don't think i have looked more forward to a Tuesday afternoon in recent memory.

regardless of who gets named, there will be some unhappy people who disagree with sheensy, but to realistically have 21 or 22 players who could be named today only shows how strong we are as a club in 2010 :smiley:
\
\
i feel for those who miss out, but i look forward to cheering on those who get named
\
\
go the tige's

The team wont look that different to the one that last ran out!…I expect McKinnon to be named at FB and Galloway to return..they would be the major changes only.

Not really IMO. I'd imagine the only changes in first grade could be the possible inclusions of Mckinnon and Galloway. The hype around Lazarus made some selections earlier the year more exciting.

I'd say Moors might be very unlucky if Galloway is back.

r u saying ayshford won't walk straight back in if he is fit?

and 2-3 changes for a tigers side is like replacing the entire 17 :laughing:
\
\
PS - moors WILL NOT be dropped

Sheens has a full squad to choose from, I'm not a Fitz knocker I personally think he is a lot handier utility than most ppl give credit for but there is no way Sheens could justify his selection this week.

Fitzy's hammy is still feeling the stain me thinks…

Apart from Sauce ...why change a winning team.....

that was part my point geo.

leaving out players like ayshford, mckinnon, galloway, fulton, or making the decision to change a winning side and bring them back in makes this arvo's decision an exciting one :slight_smile:

Its a good position to be in ….for a change. If it motivates the guys who miss out, even better

Maybe Sheens should give Ellis a rest this week after his trip home to play for the English Side. Galloway to prop and Payten back to second row. I would love the bench to be Moors, Fifita, Dwyer and Ashyford (to cover the back and forwards). Flannagan, Fitshenry and Brown would miss out on the 17.

I cant shake the feeling that Im going to be disappointed.. but thats normal for a WT fan on a tuesday I guess. I'm expecting 1-17 from a fortnight ago, maybe some late changes @ Leichardt, but nothing on paper today.

@everett said:
Maybe Sheens should give Ellis a rest this week after his trip home to play for the English Side. Galloway to prop and Payten back to second row. I would love the bench to be Moors, Fifita, Dwyer and Ashyford (to cover the back and forwards). Flannagan, Fitshenry and Brown would miss out on the 17.

I like your thinking here.

@Spartan117 said:
@everett said:

Can't see Sheens resting Ellis given the Tigers are up against a big Raiders pack with their Origin troops back this week. Plus with the forecast of rain for Sunday, it almost ensures another MOM performance from Ellis.

@Danos said:
I cant shake the feeling that Im going to be disappointed.. but thats normal for a WT fan on a tuesday I guess. I'm expecting 1-17 from a fortnight ago, maybe some late changes @ Leichardt, but nothing on paper today.

One thing that Sheens has proven in his time here is that he is a poor selector of his teams. If he gets it right we can go real well but that is often not the case.

@willow said:
@Spartan117 said:
@everett said:

Can't see Sheens resting Ellis given the Tigers are up against a big Raiders pack with their Origin troops back this week. Plus with the forecast of rain for Sunday, it almost ensures another MOM performance from Ellis.

Agreed. Only possibility is Ellis getting some longer spells on the bench if he is a bit tired.

@tiger05 said:
@Danos said:

One thing that Sheens has proven in his time here is that he is a poor selector of his teams. If he gets it right we can go real well but that is often not the case.

And yet amazingly he won a premiership and has the side coming 3rd this year…

So Galloway in (we hope), but who will be out? Surely not Moors, Fafita or Dwyer. Could we see the bench back go for the first time this year? This is exciting.

@Yossarian said:
@tiger05 said:
@Danos said:

Incredible, ain't it?!

@Yossarian said:
@tiger05 said:
@Danos said:

He won a premiership when? Oh yes 2005 and has not been in the semi's before or since. We are no certainties to make the semi's this year either. Wise up.

@magpiecol said:
@Yossarian said:

He won a premiership when? Oh yes 2005 and has not been in the semi's before or since. We are no certainties to make the semi's this year either. Wise up.

That record might not make him a great coach but it doesn't make him a terrible coach either. Take your own advice and wise up - things aren't always black or white despite what your user ID might indicate!!

I don't overlook the man's failings but I also give him some credit and you don't win a premiership if you are "proven" "Poor selector of teams"…

Back