Blake Austin

NJLM78

With injuries today and the form he showed in the NSW Cup game, surely they need to find a spot in first grade for him next week.

@NJLM78 said:
With injuries today and the form he showed in the NSW Cup game, surely they need to find a spot in first grade for him next week.

Where ?

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Centre (a mate of mine suggested this but it works)
& it's not his first time
" The Australian Schoolboys representative played in the centres during a recent trial against Parramatta"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/panthers-splash-out-700000-on-rising-star-20120303-1u9mw.html#ixzz2xKW1FKVv

Wouldn't say no to Austin and simona but would prefer him in 6

Problem is Anasta won't be dropped and I don't want Braith shifted to the pack - that has been a proven failure!

@softlaw said:
" The Australian Schoolboys representative played in the centres during a recent trial against Parramatta"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/panthers-splash-out-700000-on-rising-star-20120303-1u9mw.html#ixzz2xKW1FKVv

So what he played a trial in the centres,one game in the centres, they must have had injuries that day for Blake to go there.
Absolutely no to him in the centres

Manly have top 1/2 and 5/8 combination as well as centres. We have to hold them otherwise they will tear us apart. Lawrence is definitely a no-no.

He didn't do too much in NSW cup until the end. His kicking game was solid but he was quiet in patches.

On the other hand I thought Moses was class in a losing NYC team. I don't know when he will get a chance but I can't wait!

Anasta is playing OK but Austin by the look of him will put the opposition in 2 minds especially with Brooks on the inside .I see the logic at this stage why Anasta is there and he is going OK but with Austin the future and not to distant looks really good.

Anasta is a 6 or in reserves and for the minute he is doing well as a foil for Brooks. Keep him at 6.

If the choice is Lawrence or Austin in the centres I will take Austin every day.

Lulia's defence has been good and so happy to keep him there. Our points come from other areas.

IF Tedesco doesn;t play next week then we have Simona, Nofo & Koro to cover fullback, 1 centre and 1 wing.
With Koro's defence I would far rather not have him at wing. So Nofo at 1, Simona at wing and Austin at centre.

Seriously… Why won't anybody drop Anasta?
He's too good for NSWCUP, is he?

He'd probably do well there.
Austin > Anasta @ #6 in the NRL.

Has to happen.

@tigerlogic said:
@softlaw said:

So what he played a trial in the centres,one game in the centres, they must have had injuries that day for Blake to go there.
Absolutely no to him in the centres

He played centre against us last year for Winsdor Wolves in rd 1 at CSS and had a blinder. Scored 3 tries and kicked 6 from 8

Austin to centre is a great idea.

In the past laurie Daley, Steven Ella and Brett Kenny could all play centre and five eight.

Give Austin a chance and I think he would take it with both hands.

Lawrence has been crued by injuries and unlikely to improve.

Ashyford was worse for Cronulle today. Had 3 tries scored on him.

Blake Austin in NSW Cup 2014

Rd 1 - 3 tries, 5 goals
Rd 3 - 2 tries, 4 goals
Rd 4 - 2 tries, 2 goals

3 games, 7 tries, 11 goals, 50 pts

He carries the team. like he did for the Windsor Wolves last year if Austin wasn't there then the Wolves don't make the Grand Final. And the only reason they lost the GF last year was because most of the Oppositions squad consisted of First Grade players Peachey,Towsend,Moors,Lichaa,Wright,Mills,Stapleton,Gardener. (P.S How bloody hard is it find the Sharks Nsw cup GF line-up it dead set took me over 30 mins to find it and I found it deep in a Sharks Forum I looked everywhere!.

Talented player but BLAKE you have to do something with the hair mate….it driving us crazy seems to have a life all of its own. Could there be some suggestions by the younger and hip generation what Blake to do with his hair just seems to top heavy!.

@everett said:
Austin to centre is a great idea.

In the past laurie Daley, Steven Ella and Brett Kenny could all play centre and five eight.

Give Austin a chance and I think he would take it with both hands.

Lawrence has been crued by injuries and unlikely to improve.

Ashyford was worse for Cronulle today. Had 3 tries scored on him.

How would West Tigers have been with a centre combination of Ashyford and Lawrence last Saturday.

His form in NSW Cup alone just about warrants selection on the bench. With the new concussion rule I don't think it'd hurt to have a utility on the bench.

I would love to see a back line like
1\. Teddy
2\. Nofo
3\. Lulia
4\. Sirro
5\. Richards
6\. Austin
7\. Brookes

@Fraze23 said:
His form in NSW Cup alone just about warrants selection on the bench. With the new concussion rule I don't think it'd hurt to have a utility on the bench.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to realise there is a drawback to having four forwards on the bench. I used to curse Sheens's utility bench player but it was always useful when a back went down injured. I recall in one game the back on the bench was on the field in about 5 mins after someone went down.

@monkey said:
I would love to see a back line like
1\. Teddy
2\. Nofo
3\. Lulia
4\. Sirro
5\. Richards
6\. Austin
7\. Brookes

Love leluia really sirro is not a centre where is Simona. Mate you have no clue sorry but true.

Back