Blake Austin

The way th halves player market is. We can't keep the 3\. Austin Moses brooks Imagine raiders wanting Austin. There is not many players that can create opportunities. He is very talented. And we need to lock him up especially our constant injurie toll

@galea#11 said:
The way th halves player market is. We can't keep the 3\. Austin Moses brooks Imagine raiders wanting Austin. There is not many players that can create opportunities. He is very talented. And we need to lock him up especially our constant injurie toll

Yep I can see Austin going to Raiders or Sharks long term.

We also have Martin coming through who will play plenty of first grade barring injury.

Nice problem to have.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@southerntiger said:
@galea#11 said:

Yep I can see Austin going to Raiders or Sharks long term.

We also have Martin coming through who will play plenty of first grade barring injury.

Nice problem to have.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

This is my worry too. He's a bloody handy player to have laying around especially when the inevitable happens.

I'd let Moltzen go to keep him.

Austin is enjoying his football and I doubt he would if he went to Canberra

We gave him a chance and I think he will do the right thing by the club

Austin is a talented player.

At this stage he over plays his hand a bit and runs more than he should (albeit effectively)

Perhaps a Jamie Lyon style centre might be the answer.? Solve a couple of problems

How he pays is not too dissimilar to Lyon ball playing centre who still takes on the line.

It is handy to have extras, rarely is everyone available at any club.

I think in a months time when Blake has established himself at 6 he will be the staring 6 next season….. Moses needs a few extra kilos before taking on that roll ,no doubt Moses will be a huge part of this team for years to come. I don,t think we have seen yet what Austin can do give a month to settle on !

I appreciate some of the intelligent posts on this thread.

My solutions like others have stated is to move Teddy to the Centres. Played there in the world cup. Is a great ball runner and defender.

Moses to fullback and Austin to five eight.

Lawrence to be converted into a forward given our likely injuries.

Injuries at least have allowed us to bloody Moses and Austin which will give them experience leading into 2015.

I'd probably rather move Austin to centre than anyone else.

I see him as that Shaun Berrigan style player, even a touch of Jamie Lyon as someone else mentioned above.

His greatest strength is running the ball. Let him focus on that, but he could also chime in at centre, setting up his outside/inside man. He's played in the forwards and with some work on positioning his defence should go alright and he does have a bit of speed.

1\. Tedesco
4\. Austin
6\. Moses
7\. Brooks

I feel we will lose Blake after next season if Moses has a big off season. I am a huge fan of Blake's and he is too good a player to remain a utility, and it seems Moses is destined to be our long term 6.

Plenty of clubs will be lining up to sign a quality half like Blake.

My query is whether Austin will be happy if he's not the choice #6\. He came here for an opportunity, he's now getting it; we have until end of the season to see what the current spine gives us. But long-term?

Austin's greatest ability is, as Eddie said, his busyness and energy. He's a probing footballer, so he needs a lot of touches to unsettle the defence, to then pick his best moment to attack. He loves a staggered line, clearly likes to back himself from close to the chalk, improves as a match matures.

He can't play this game from #14\. If he rides the pine, how does he get involved if Farah, Brooks, Moses, Teddy are all still on the field? Reads like too many cooks for me.

I agree with weststigers, ball-playing lock doesn't exist anymore, that is an old position for tackle-machines who could pass a bit and create some play when the opposition pack tired. Modern interchange and the use of the the ball-playing fullback has turned the lock into a 3rd second-rower.

I think Austin could develop into more of a ball-runner, he certainly likes to attack the line. His passing game is conducive to playing in tight where he relies on short balls more than cut-outs. He'd probably need to put on a bit more weight.

He could be groomed into this running capacity, question is whether he wants to be? Does he want to touch the ball less and save his energy for hitups? I think Austin is too good for the bench and currently too light for a lock; doesn't run straight enough for a centre.

I can't see him staying behind Brooks and Moses forever.

But for now, not a problem with Teddy and Anasta out, and a nice headache for 2015.

he is an interesting player to evaluate.
not much of a passing game on the edges and then does a nice little double pump to put bodene through.
but his strength is his running game.
he makes poor choices on the last.has come up with the ball in his hands way too often or tried something that wasn't on and put us under pressure.

for me it is a teddy,moses,brooks ,farah spine.

so what do we do with austin.
have to find a way to get his defense ready for 2015.
if he can defend the right edge he will be lethal with moses feeding him.
and don't underestimate the potential yardage from dummy half.
has all the versatility when injuries hit.

can he defend at centre is my only concern,and if he can,our backline is as good as you can get for the budget ,with genuine threats on either side of the field.

Latest posts

Members online

Back