Blake Lazarus

madunit

Blake Lazarus has offered to play halfback for the Tigers for free this year.

Thoughts?

He announced it on his twitter account tonight.

He made a tweet about it a week ago, seemed to be half serious and half joking.

Didn't he come from Newtown?

In the end he went to France for a bit.

If Potter thinks Brooks is too green and Benji (obviously,) isn't the answer, give the lad a go.

IIRC Sheens didn't give him the best of starts.

He was serious about it, i think the club should accept the offer.

Who next Fitzhenry Glen Air ,Buettner, Ben Black

We need to find someone from within the squad to play 7 or find someone from within the transfer period

We should of perservered with Humble in my opinion ,but the uncertainty with not knowing what was going on forced many fringe players hands unfortunately

Don't see any other option pick someone for this week and then bring Brooks through , don't want to ,but what other option do we have ,seriously

Not sure is Lazarus is the full quid these days.

Is he even playing any footy at the moment?

Ah yes, most business deals are offered via Twitter in 2013\. Had a look at @WTManagement's pursuit of Pritchard via tweets; very compelling stuff!

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 3 May
**Hey mick potter check out my footage http://youtu.be/kW28XD91ciM ill slot back into the tigers nicely, and ill play for free #ifneeded**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 3 May
@abesj **that's footy ay few years ago now,if I can help happy to put my hand up but if not all good**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 8 May
**Good little snip @RLW_Mole the offer still there just waiting for that call pic.twitter.com/zTGrodIpWL**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 7 May
**Waiting for the call**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 9 May
**Excited to get another opportunity if I'm needed surely if I offer to play for free u may as well chuck me in what have they got to loose?**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 8 May
**@RLW_Mole the offer is there will just have to wait and see**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 9h
**I'd be happy to help just give me another opportunity,I've been there before and still got the same plays from what I see,offer still there**

Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 8h
@AndrewRLP **yeh if I can help as I said been there before but will wait and see,I'd play for free and work no need for 2nd tier cap**
Blake Lazarus ‏@blakelazarus 2h
@Greg_Camilleri I**m pretty sure it's allowed don't want anything got nothing to loose just wanna work and play all they gotta do is put me in**

@Anthony83G @AndrewRLP **played outside him before don't see why I wouldn't again**

@AndrewRLP **still got good young kids and with Farrah Fulton woods and Galloway got plenty to build with, but yeh that's footy sometimes**

His page also says he's been working & playing in a QLD.
A local comp there.

This says a lot about the kid, willing to play for free.
Stranger things have happened - I would be making the call ASAP.

I'm sure he'll surprise a few and have a real go, all at the price of $0…

Just a guy looking for another shot,
Vince Papali style.

Lets do this.

@Cultured Bogan said:
If Potter thinks Brooks is too green and Benji (obviously,) isn't the answer, give the lad a go.

IIRC Sheens didn't give him the best of starts.

Another that didnt get much of a go here…didnt get a go at all tbh iirc.

He seems serious looking at Demps quotes

Play him in state cup for a couple of weeks see how he goes sounds like the boys got a point to prove which is better motivation than others on the team

Thinking back over the halfbacks that have been excluded from actually doing their job by our senior playmakers over the years is a real worry.

Bringing someone like Lazarus back is literally raising the dead. If they even contemplate doing it ASADA should be testing management (perhaps they should anyway).

I think we should get him and give Marshall until the end of this year to find a new team. We would be looking at

6\. Brooks
7\. Lazarus

That would be for 2014, then for 2015 we will bring in Moses and drop Lazarus to the bench as a utility

6\. Moses
7\. Brooks

14\. Lazarus

or

6\. Brooks
7\. Moses

14\. Lazarus

This would be pretty good IMO, Lazarus can take pressure off Brooks and Moses. They are both still young when coming up to firsts and Lazarus can sub with one of them during the game just to take off a little bit of pressure on our halves.

@madunit said:

Thoughts?

you have got to be kidding with lazurus,he was another overated hack that never looked anything other than a park footballer.

@jimmyz said:
@madunit said:

Thoughts?

you have got to be kidding with lazurus,he was another overated hack that never looked anything other than a park footballer.

Mate he is offering to play for FREE and you are talking him down.

Back