Boxing Discussion

Corrupt boxing….
Generate more money for a rematch.

The knock down looked good.

@ said:
I’ll have my money on Anthony Joshua to beat them both.

Gotta agree.

Gotta feeling the next fight will play out different.
Team Wilder still.

Based on that yeah. Wilder has the most dangerous punch but if he can’t get a KO he struggles. A poor man’s George Foreman.

‘Give me one more shot’: Anthony Mundine’s shock call-out to Jeff Horn for rematch
Maybe he’s been punched in the head too many times but Anthony Mundine doesn’t seem to remember how the last fight went.
FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 22, 2018 8:54PM

The first fight ended after just 96 seconds but could Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine get it on again? The Man certainly hopes so after calling out Horn for a re-match in an interview that will run in full on Fox Sports News 500 on Sunday.

‘I don’t want to die wondering, man. Just give me one more shot, Mundine has called jeff horn out for the rematch. Catch the full interview on @FOXSportsNews Sunday 9:30 AEDT.

Mundine was seeimgly knocked into retirement when he was floored by a left hook from Horn last month, causing him to declare that it was “time up” on his 18-year pro career. But he’s since had time to reflect on the loss, his ninth to go with his 48 wins (28 KOs).“I can’t go out like that. I thought it was going to be over after this one, too. But when something happens like that and you’ve had time to reflect on it, ”(He) just got me with a shot early." Mundine said.

Unfortunately for Mundine, there was no re-match clause in his contract to fight Horn. But he’s hoping the former world champion will still give him a shot at redemption. “I think people power can make this fight happen. If you guys start talking and start ramping it up … I believe I can win. Some of you might think I’m delirious or what not but that’s fine, I’m cool with that, because of what happened. The last one was over almost before it began.

The call-out is a far cry from Mundine’s immediate reaction to the loss in the ring, in which he acknowledged that his career was over and that was passing the baton to Horn.

@ said:
‘Give me one more shot’: Anthony Mundine’s shock call-out to Jeff Horn for rematch
Maybe he’s been punched in the head too many times but Anthony Mundine doesn’t seem to remember how the last fight went.

FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 22, 2018 8:54PM

The first fight ended after just 96 seconds but could Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine get it on again? The Man certainly hopes so after calling out Horn for a re-match in an interview that will run in full on Fox Sports News 500 on Sunday.

@FOXSportsNews Sunday 9 said:
Mundine was seeimgly knocked into retirement when he was floored by a left hook from Horn last month, causing him to declare that it was “time up” on his 18-year pro career.
But he’s since had time to reflect on the loss, his ninth to go with his 48 wins (28 KOs).
“I can’t go out like that. Period. I thought it was going to be over after this one, too. But when something happens like that and you’ve had time to reflect on it, you’re like, ‘Man, just give me another chance’,” Mundine said.

Unfortunately for Mundine, there was no re-match clause in his contract to fight Horn. But he’s hoping the former world champion will still give him a shot at redemption.
“I think people power can make this fight happen. If you guys start talking and start ramping it up … I believe I can win. Some of you might think I’m delirious or what not but that’s fine, I’m cool with that, because of what happened. “If I do win, and when I do win, this will be a story you can tell your grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, great grandchildren. So let’s try and make it happen. “I know what I can do. I want to give you two for one. Two for one meaning you’re going to get two shows for the price of one.”

The last one was over almost before it began. The call-out is a far cry from Mundine’s immediate reaction to the loss in the ring, in which he acknowledged that his career was over and that was passing the baton to Horn. “I’ve had a great career. Jeff proved tonight that he was a better man … with a better shot,” Mundine “(He) got me with a shot early.

As always Mundine is very mundane.Yawn

Mundine would not have made a dime if no one paid attention to him. Everyone who hates the guy made him rich. Hats off to him.

@ said:
Mundine would not have made a dime if no one paid attention to him. Everyone who hates the guy made him rich. Hats off to him.

I completely agree, doesn't make him any more likable though

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
He fought, he won. How is he an imposter? Mundine was the imposter in that ring last night, he had no business being there. You just don’t like the guy because he doesn’t carry on like an arrogant tosspot in public which you seem to value for some reason…

As I said…. Manny was robbed.
And as I've also said.. I've met Mundine on numerous occasions and he turns it up for the camera but has always been good to me... And u don't like him cos u believe the media hype.
Horn is a dud and will be exposed again.

He's a dud because he lost to one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world in Terence Crawford? Horn has got a record that very few boxers achieve regardless of the quality of some of the compeition he's fought. He's a talent and calling him a dud is just dopey and makes you sound like a fanboy who plays favourites. He's never going to be an all time great but he's very competitive on the world stage.

I don't like Mundine because of the words that have come out of his own mouth, it has nothing to do with media hype. I respect the talent he had as a boxer regardless of the fact I don't like him too. He's had some great wins over his career and fought against some quality boxers like Ottke and Kessler. Yeah he lost to them but he earned a shot at them just like Horn did with Crawford.

As for Manny being robbed I don't see how you can hold that against Horn, all he did was get in the ring and go the distance and the rest was up to the judges (and the judges on the review panel after that who confirmed the result).

I'm with Nelson , you are really knocking how good Terence Crawford is by bagging Horn

Agreed…. The pacman result was surprising.... Doesn't make horn a dud tho... Demps talking out his ring again

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
As I said…. Manny was robbed.
And as I've also said.. I've met Mundine on numerous occasions and he turns it up for the camera but has always been good to me... And u don't like him cos u believe the media hype.
Horn is a dud and will be exposed again.

He's a dud because he lost to one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world in Terence Crawford? Horn has got a record that very few boxers achieve regardless of the quality of some of the compeition he's fought. He's a talent and calling him a dud is just dopey and makes you sound like a fanboy who plays favourites. He's never going to be an all time great but he's very competitive on the world stage.

I don't like Mundine because of the words that have come out of his own mouth, it has nothing to do with media hype. I respect the talent he had as a boxer regardless of the fact I don't like him too. He's had some great wins over his career and fought against some quality boxers like Ottke and Kessler. Yeah he lost to them but he earned a shot at them just like Horn did with Crawford.

As for Manny being robbed I don't see how you can hold that against Horn, all he did was get in the ring and go the distance and the rest was up to the judges (and the judges on the review panel after that who confirmed the result).

I'm with Nelson , you are really knocking how good Terence Crawford is by bagging Horn

Agreed…. The pacman result was surprising.... Doesn't make horn a dud tho... Demps talking out his ring again

In and out of the ring Ink

You can only beat who you face , if Pacman didn't prepare properly , he is a fool

I reckon Horn should take up his offer… with one stipulation.
Winner takes all.
I wonder if Mundine would be so keen then?

@ said:
I reckon Horn should take up his offer… with one stipulation.
Winner takes all.
I wonder if Mundine would be so keen then?

Yeah that would be the right call but Mundane is definitely a step backwards for Horn

He needs to laugh in Mundane's face and ready himself for some battles in the next weight division

Who have you got to win this heavyweight showdown? Personally I think Gallen can come home with the win only because he's younger and he still plays footy so he's most likely fitter. Whereas Hopoate is getting on with age and looks to be getting pretty heavy.

[poll type=regular results=always public=true]
* Paul Gallen
* John Hopoate
[/poll]

I reckon Hoppa will waste him. Both very average fighters but I reckon all Hoppa needs to do is connect and it's goodnight Irene.

A good result is they punch each other at exactly the same time, knock each other into an extended coma and the world would be better for it.

Pair of tools.

…...but Id still like to watch it......

Latest posts

Members online

Back