Boxing Discussion

Huni would be hoping Gallen can go the distance, same as Tsoye. I’m not sure he can, because Huni’s timing and technique will be improved from that, meaning a lot of those misses will land. That right uppercut on the back foot was impressive. He’s got some good variation and defensively sound, but I don’t like the gloves down, head out goading. He won’t learn anything from that.

@twentyforty said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374251) said:
Huni would be hoping Gallen can go the distance, same as Tsoye. I’m not sure he can, because Huni’s timing and technique will be improved from that, meaning a lot of those misses will land. That right uppercut on the back foot was impressive. He’s got some good variation and defensively sound, but I don’t like the gloves down, head out goading. He won’t learn anything from that.

The hands down style is a technique to maximise your speed. Deontay Wilder fights the same. It's fine if your opponent doesn't have much to throw back but against a more skilled fighter it spells danger. I think Huni will get found out in the Olympics due to this.
Gallen is a massive goose but I really think he will make a good fight of it vs Huni. His supreme fitness is without question and he is one hell of a tough mongrel. If he can navigate the first 3 or 4 rounds and physically wear Huni down it could get very interesting. Also remains to be seen what having 2 fights in the space of 3 weeks does to Huni, it would be a delicate balancing act you would think as far as training and preparation goes.

@fade-to-black said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374273) said:

The hands down style is a technique to maximise your speed. Deontay Wilder fights the same. It's fine if your opponent doesn't have much to throw back but against a more skilled fighter it spells danger. I think Huni will get found out in the Olympics due to this.
Gallen is a massive goose but I really think he will make a good fight of it vs Huni. His supreme fitness is without question and he is one hell of a tough mongrel. If he can navigate the first 3 or 4 rounds and physically wear Huni down it could get very interesting. Also remains to be seen what having 2 fights in the space of 3 weeks does to Huni, it would be a delicate balancing act you would think as far as training and preparation goes.

He would do more than that in the gym, if he could find the sparring partners.

@twentyforty said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374282) said:

More than what....the amount of rounds he is doing in training?

@fade-to-black said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374287) said:

Yes, he probably should have been doing more sparring and less rope and bag work. He looked that way to me anyway? He should have been doing more. Let’s be realistic, he won a bronze in the world championships and is a gold prospect for the olympics.

@twentyforty said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374314) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1374287) said:

Yes, he probably should have been doing more sparring and less rope and bag work. He looked that way to me anyway? He should have been doing more. Let’s be realistic, he won a bronze in the world championships and is a gold prospect for the olympics.

I really hope he wins Olympic gold. He's an Aussie after all. Didn't know he got bronze at world championships. Just get the feeling he might be looking past Gallen to the Olympics a little bit, can't blame him though. Gallen will be in his face all night, will be very interesting to see how it all pans out.

Paul Gallen has vowed to seek revenge on Justis Huni next week after the Olympic medal hopeful didn't show up to promote their fight during last night's State of Origin series-opener.

Gallen (11-0-1, 6 KOs) will touch gloves with Huni (4-0, 3 KOs) on June 16 at Sydney's International Convention Centre.

Huni, a Queensland native, was seen earlier in the week hanging out with the Maroons playing group but was a no-show on game day, which has left the former Cronulla Shark fuming.

Gallen said the pair missed out on a golden opportunity to promote next week's fight, with the media in the lead-up to Origin Game One left feeling "bored".

"He didn't turn up, I was very disappointed in that," Gallen told 2GB's Wide World of Sports radio.

"I thought it was a great opportunity. Let me tell you, the media all day yesterday were bored.

"All the media yesterday went to Magnetic Island because they had nothing else to do.

"Justis Huni wouldn't come up, it would've been an outstanding opportunity to promote the fight. Everyone in Townsville knew about it, but he wasn't up there.

"It was disappointing. The Blues touched the Queenslanders up, I'm going to touch him up next week."

@demps said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1385581) said:
Paul Gallen has vowed to seek revenge on Justis Huni next week after the Olympic medal hopeful didn't show up to promote their fight during last night's State of Origin series-opener.

Gallen (11-0-1, 6 KOs) will touch gloves with Huni (4-0, 3 KOs) on June 16 at Sydney's International Convention Centre.

Huni, a Queensland native, was seen earlier in the week hanging out with the Maroons playing group but was a no-show on game day, which has left the former Cronulla Shark fuming.

Gallen said the pair missed out on a golden opportunity to promote next week's fight, with the media in the lead-up to Origin Game One left feeling "bored".

"He didn't turn up, I was very disappointed in that," Gallen told 2GB's Wide World of Sports radio.

"I thought it was a great opportunity. Let me tell you, the media all day yesterday were bored.

"All the media yesterday went to Magnetic Island because they had nothing else to do.

"Justis Huni wouldn't come up, it would've been an outstanding opportunity to promote the fight. Everyone in Townsville knew about it, but he wasn't up there.

"It was disappointing. The Blues touched the Queenslanders up, I'm going to touch him up next week."

Youll touch him up Gal ...what Hoppa style

Gallen will go the distance ...not sure he will win though

I am sure this will be his last fight though ...taking on a big role on the Sharks board in 2022

Fair play to Gallen he’s gotta try and promote the fight huni does nothing in that department

![199499195_1259887877801998_2299111807073358388_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1623665129878-199499195_1259887877801998_2299111807073358388_n.jpg)

Huni couldn't promote anything. Also no rematch clause so if Gallen wins he doesn't have to give Hunt a rematch.
Hope Gallen beats him, Gallen v SBW for Australian title would be good

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1388822) said:
Fair play to Gallen he’s gotta try and promote the fight huni does nothing in that department

![199499195_1259887877801998_2299111807073358388_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1623665129878-199499195_1259887877801998_2299111807073358388_n.jpg)

That is a head that needs a flogging.
Get him jus

![images (71).jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1623792903339-images-71.jpeg)

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT !!

@demps said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389488) said:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT !!

Can't wait. Have to work tonight so at least I can watch for free

@pj said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389490) said:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT !!

You work at a pub?

The other fights on the card look good too.

Keen as.
Cooking up some burgers and a good old Wednesday night Aussie boxing card.

??

@demps said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389491) said:
@pj said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389490) said:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT !!

You work at a pub?

The other fights on the card look good too.

Keen as.
Cooking up some burgers and a good old Wednesday night Aussie boxing card.

??

Yeah. Will be busy as tonight.
Sounds good

@jedi_tiger said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389641) said:
Good luck to Gallen hope he ends Huni's Olympic dream tonight.

Don't much about this fight, I can't work out why an Olympian would take it on?
But why would you say that? Is he a mate?
Surely Gallen has nothing to offer but more of the Mundine sideshow crap?

@tigerwest said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389652) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Huni v Gallen](/post/1389641) said:
Good luck to Gallen hope he ends Huni's Olympic dream tonight.

Don't much about this fight, I can't work out why an Olympian would take it on?
But why would you say that? Is he a mate?
Surely Gallen has nothing to offer but more of the Mundine sideshow crap?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that simple

Latest posts

Members online

Back