Boxing Discussion

Says he is even post fight. Boxer retirements are as flimsy as our defence last season though. It’s a shame from a fan’s perspective as he’s so watchable and interesting. Undefeated but seemingly very beatable. A very good one punch boxer though, one of the best.
He certainly is a character. Are you going to watch the Gallen fight? I am purely to promote Aussie boxing 🥊🥊.
What's your opinion on my post #689. I'm interested if anyone else has thought the same thing or am I over the top?

He certainly is a character. Are you going to watch the Gallen fight? I am purely to promote Aussie boxing 🥊🥊.
What's your opinion on my post #689. I'm interested if anyone else has thought the same thing or am I over the top?

I doubt it. I tend to avoid the donkey circuit. I also think Gallen is a tough resilient fighter rather than a decent boxer but if he keeps winning against decent opponents I may reconsider. The guy he’s fighting next as a decent record on paper (10-1-1) but none of his victories has been against a guy with a decent winning record (if you ignore 1-0 and 2-1 records. When he did fight a guy with a decent record he was stopped in 5 rounds. Still it’s a step in the right direction. He was better than I expected against Huni but hopelessly outclassed.

On the previous post I’m not sure I have a strong opinion. Boxers say or think whatever they do to motivate themselves I suppose. Once you stop believing you’re better for whatever reason you’ve convinced yourself, you’re toast. Tyson and Fenech are classic examples. Once they stopped believing they were going to win every fight the decline was dramatic and rapid.

I doubt it. I tend to avoid the donkey circuit. I also think Gallen is a tough resilient fighter rather than a decent boxer but if he keeps winning against decent opponents I may reconsider. The guy he’s fighting next as a decent record on paper (10-1-1) but none of his victories has been against a guy with a decent winning record (if you ignore 1-0 and 2-1 records. When he did fight a guy with a decent record he was stopped in 5 rounds. Still it’s a step in the right direction. He was better than I expected against Huni but hopelessly outclassed.

On the previous post I’m not sure I have a strong opinion. Boxers say or think whatever they do to motivate themselves I suppose. Once you stop believing you’re better for whatever reason you’ve convinced yourself, you’re toast. Tyson and Fenech are classic examples. Once they stopped believing they were going to win every fight the decline was dramatic and rapid.
Gallen wasn't in the class of Huni but did give a reasonable account of himself.
I can't wait for the 'Ferocious' bout.

The religious are hypocritical mate, no matter what the denomination. Most only follow the teachings only when its convenient or of use to their own self promotion.

The religious are hypocritical mate, no matter what the denomination. Most only follow the teachings only when its convenient or of use to their own self promotion.
Yep we've seen it so many times throughout history.
I learnt the "Art of Boxing" as a kid and have always loved it, but as I've grown older I take notice of things that don't seem right.
I think there is a place in the sport for tough skillful boxers and respectful great role models alike.
People who are true Christians are 24x7 and not when it suits their cause.
The sport is bigger than individuals but they don't act like it.
👍

Great way to finish an opponent, if only Tony Mundune could have done that, he could have been a world beater
The real boxers like Usyk, Fury, and even Joshua may dance around many, and our "champions": Gallen, SBW. etc. are so far behind that it is not funny.
They are simply in the different sport!

The real boxers like Usyk, Fury, and even Joshua may dance around many, and our "champions": Gallen, SBW. etc. are so far behind that it is not funny.
They are simply in the different sport!
Exactly.
Gallen and SBW etc. are prize fighters mate.
Gal himself admitted that.
You know and I know that the art of boxing is just that, an art.

cheering on Mason Smith to be the Nikita tonight, Mason has good solid record 5 wins 2 ko, I know Mason through mutual friend
good luck

Bloody heck, Jeff Feneck is like Mick Ennis, he is such a gob, as soon as he knows the cameras are on him he engages the mouth.
For those who have boxed, when your in the thick of it you can't hear much hey, you listen too much and you forget to fight.

Members online

No members online now.
Back