Boxing Discussion

Yeh that's the girl, she is a Campbelltown girl isnt she?
I don't normally like watching the girls fight [being a dad 😁] but that fight was as good as it gets. A draw was a good result.

Some good stouches from Manchester this morning.
Main event Conor Benn successfully defended his WBA Continental Welterweight Title against Chris Van Heerden.
Heerden couldn't get up from the canvas in the 2nd round after he was smashed by a barrage of good combinations from Benn.
Entertaining undercard.

I am agnostic and I try to be respectful as much as I can, but I can't fathom how some boxers and UFC, T Fury uncluded, can say with such conviction and emotion, that they are blessed from god then go on to say 'I smashed his #%#&in head in.
It happens all the time.
JC preached respect and was a pacifier.
John Hopoate is another who contradicted himself.
Sometimes I wish race, culture etc was not set up to to look bad.
As you know I am a huge boxing and contact sport fan, but lets set some standards for kids.
It only seems a thing of late where kids are there watching and listening to stuff they shouldn't be exposed too.
This is what I'm seeing and my opinion probably won't be supported by many in this ever changing world.

Feel like Gallen shouldn't still be fighting he is a Warrior and all but he ain't class like these other blokes. Tim Tzu is the best I've seen come through in years.

Feel like Gallen shouldn't still be fighting he is a Warrior and all but he ain't class like these other blokes. Tim Tzu is the best I've seen come through in years.
Class like who though? Gallen has next-level toughness, sometimes toughness overcomes skill in any sport. Good luck to Gallen if he wants to keep fighting IMO, his never say die attitude keeps even career-boxers honest. He isn't a easy beat like some ex footy players. Have never liked the bloke but I definitely admire his competitiveness and will to win in a sport outside his comfort zone.

How good this weekend, Fury vs Ya Tarkin Rubbish.
The undercard is probably one of the worst in history for such a fight.
wake up 1 min before it starts.

How good this weekend, Fury vs Ya Tarkin Rubbish.
The undercard is probably one of the worst in history for such a fight.
wake up 1 min before it starts.
Yep watched it, he's a big lad hey. Did I hear correctly him saying that he's hanging up the gloves, surely not 🤔

Yep watched it, he's a big lad hey. Did I hear correctly him saying that he's hanging up the gloves, surely not 🤔

Says he is even post fight. Boxer retirements are as flimsy as our defence last season though. It’s a shame from a fan’s perspective as he’s so watchable and interesting. Undefeated but seemingly very beatable. A very good one punch boxer though, one of the best.

Back