Brandon Tumeth #266

I think our coaching staff will be keen to provide our young juniors with opportunity to show what they can do at first grade level. It’s really a continuation of strategy adopted by Sheens after Madge left the building.

This approach may not work every time or bring us many wins but it’s the only way to assess the abilities and provide valuable experience for them.

I wish the young fellow all the best for his debut today.

If he can make a positive start, ie a few effective hit ups and strong tackles, and therefore build confidence, I think he can be a significant contributor to the team.

Liam Fulton comes to mind.
Go champion Brendon - it all starts today.
I know what you mean TO but let’s leave champion out of it and simply say, play hard, play well, and no mistakes. Don’t try and overplay it to impress. That will be enough for a first outing. TS mentioned maybe 15-25mins game time so very much easing him in,however, there will be some big boppas on the other side keen to make his debut painful.

34 minutes. Will probably see his minutes increase as he plays more games. Offered nothing in attack. Conversely, was tidy in defence.

I think we can afford to carry one forward of his type on the bench. Last few years our problem has been leaking HUGE points in the 25-50 minute period. To know there is a guy in our squad that can play 30-40 minutes on an edge and not do anything stupid in defence is promising.

34 minutes. Will probably see his minutes increase as he plays more games. Offered nothing in attack. Conversely, was tidy in defence.

I think we can afford to carry one forward of his type on the bench. Last few years our problem has been leaking HUGE points in the 25-50 minute period. To know there is a guy in our squad that can play 30-40 minutes on an edge and not do anything stupid in defence is promising.

I get that but Twal and Seyfarth cop it here for that reason. They can defend but offer nothing with the ball.

Tumeth really wasn’t asked outside of fitness wise. He did nearly get snapped in half a few times I thought - looks very undersized.

But it’s good experience and right now we need to start seeing something around these kids coming through. It’s the hope afterall.

I get that but Twal and Seyfarth cop it here for that reason. They can defend but offer nothing with the ball.

Tumeth really wasn’t asked outside of fitness wise. He did nearly get snapped in half a few times I thought - looks very undersized.

But it’s good experience and right now we need to start seeing something around these kids coming through. It’s the hope afterall.
A bench of Twal, Seyfarth and Tumeth isn't flash. Twal looked like he was revved up to tackle his ass off though. Tried to put a few big hits on.

Joe Ofahengaue only played 35 minutes. I found that strange. And when he was on the field, he ran sideways a lot. I don't know what Sheens is trying to do with him but he needs to stop. Let him play how he did last year.

Surprised he got a run. Doesn’t look like a first grade player. Looks to lack size and ability but it was his first time out.

Have questioned the hype but i think i get it, he is a work in progress and showed enough in an average team performance to suggest he can have a career.

Back