Brandy's NRL preview: No.9

predictions are just that,predictions.

The comp is that tight,the winner always has no injury's.

So lets pray to the good luck fairy.

Top 8 in no particular order: Wests Tigers, Penrith, St George Illawarra, Canterbury, Melbourne, Titans, Parramatta, Manly

I never take any notice of these things. I respect Brandy heaps, but didnt even bother reading what he thinks. We all know our footy, and im tipping all of us on here know more about the Tigers than Brandy and all the other non-tiger "experts" who make there predictions every year.

Yeah he picks the Panthers to finish 4th in an article so it is fair to say our opinions vary

I think the Panthers will make the finals this year, but only just.

@alexaki said:
Yeah Yeah Yeah…bet he picks the Panthers to be top 4!...Biased

….prediction is on track...Alexander is a Goose!!..Panthers to finish higher than Dogs!....hahahaha :exclamation:

In the Big League he thinks we'll come 9th, but are on equal points as every team he rates from 4th to 11th.

Having said that, he only rated our goalkicking 6.5/10 (fair assessment), so if that was like most others at 8/10, we would have had the highest rating out of all the clubs.

@willow said:
Mark Geyer has tipped the Tigers to win the comp so go figure…

That could be a good sign. I remember him predicting that in a radio interview in 2005 before the Tigers won 8 in a row.

@willow said:
Mark Geyer has tipped the Tigers to win the comp so go figure…

what do we have to figure ?
two different ex players have two different opinions …

Geyer said in 2005 that we would win the comp in the next couple of years and he was right!

The Footy Guide in the Sun Herald has Phil Gould tipping the Tigers to run 4th this year.

im still struggling to understand why the dragons will still be in the top 8, yeah they got a good coach but gee there isnt much else…...

@alexaki said:
@alexaki said:
Yeah Yeah Yeah…bet he picks the Panthers to be top 4!...Biased

….prediction is on track...Alexander is a Goose!!..Panthers to finish higher than Dogs!....hahahaha :exclamation:

Yep I was right..Panthers to finish top 4 and Brandy is a Goose!!..makes a mockery of his predictions.! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

@willow said:
The Footy Guide in the Sun Herald has Phil Gould tipping the Tigers to run 4th this year.

He loves Wests. Do you think he is a chance of being Coach in 2011?

@alien said:
@willow said:

He loves Wests. Do you think he is a chance of being Coach in 2011?

Nope. Life for Gus is pretty easy these days with his gig at channel 9 and writing for the Sun Herald. I doubt he'll coach again.

I was watching PTI Australia yesterday on ESPN and the Big Marnnn Daryl Brohman tipped us to win the comp.

Courtesy of Sportal:

Tigers: Team Preview

Dual international Lote Tuqiri is the major off-season acquisition for the Tigers with the former Bronco to join the club on a three-year deal. He is back for the season-opener after being granted an early release from English rugby club Leicester. Prop Jason Cayless returns to the NRL from a four-year stint with English giants St Helens, while England-born utility Mark Flanagan joins countryman Gareth Ellis on the Tigers' books. Liam Fulton is back from a brief stint with Huddersfield while troubled half-back Arana Taumata has been handed an NRL lifeline after getting the boot from several other clubs. Dene Halatau, John Morris, Dean Collis and Daine Laurie have all moved on.

What has to go right: The Tigers must learn to win the tight games after suffering several narrow losses which ultimately cost them a finals berth for the fourth consecutive season in 2009\. The Tigers showed what they are capable of by beating the Bulldogs in the final round of the regular season - but can they do it when it counts? Of course, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah must stay healthy and Tuqiri needs to hit the ground running when he returns from a stint in English rugby union.

What could go wrong: Tuqiri is still a good footballer but he is a shadow of the player that scored that famous hat-trick for Queensland back in 2002\. The pace of the game could prove too much for the 30-year-old, particularly in the first half of the season.

Nightmare headline: Marshall to undergo shoulder surgery

Sportal prediction: 9th

Back